Daily Current Affairs Updates– 5thJanuary 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· Jharkhand Chief MinisterRaghubar Dasinaugurated the state’s land bank web portal,jharbhoom.nic.in, that will help investors know land-related information.
· The UP Government is organizing its first“UP Pravasi Divas” in Agra, as an initiative to further the continuing dialogue with NRI’s.
3). Invasive species of snowflake coral discovered off coast of Thiruvananthapuram:
· They were discovered at 10 metre depth offKovalam (Thiruvananthapuram) and 18 metre depth off Enayam (Kanyakumari).
· Scientists have noted that thesefast-growing alien species could pose a serious threat to the marine ecology of the region.
4). Union Government to launch River Information System for Inland Waterways:
· The system is expected to improve navigation inIndland Waterways as the government is set to expand the network across the country through the National Waterways Bill, 2015.
5). NASSCOM opposes Airtel Zero, Free Basics Plans:
· The industry body NASSCOMopposed Airtel Zero and Free Basics type platforms which it feelsviolate net neutrality principles by differentiating internet access for certain types of services.
· The announcement also includestwo Express Highways from the state capital Hyderabad to Bengaluru in Karnataka and Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh.
· A friendship bus service betweenIndia and Nepal via Champawat in Uttarakhand has been resumed after a gap of 27 years.
· LIC is offering a ‘New Year gift’ to the public in the form of a limited-premium, non-linked and with-profit endowment assurance plan‘Jeevan Labh’ from 04 Jan 2016.
· The highlight of the plan is thatpremium is payable for a limited period while risk is covered for the whole policy term.
· Reserve Bank has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore on an SBI associate bank, State Bank of Travancore, for violation of some of its instructions.
· The monetary penalty has been imposed for violation of its instructions including reporting of data toCRILC.
10). IDBI bank raises Rs 1900cr via Basel-III compliant bonds:
· Public sector lender IDBI Bank has raised Rs 1,900 crore through two separate Basel-III complaint tier-II bonds on private placement basis.
· The funds would help the bank to augment its capital adequacy ratio by about 55 basis points.
· The deal, worth 15.6 billion euro, was signed in 2014 and later approved by the European Commission.
· With this acquisition,Nokia holds 79.32 percent of outstanding Alcatel-Lucent shares and at least 78.97 percent of the French company’s voting rights.
12). IRB Infra bagged 10050 crore rupees project to build Zozila Pass tunnel project:
· IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd, a Mumbai-based road developer, bagged the10050 crore Zojila Pass tunnel road projectin Jammu and Kashmir. This tunnel project is the country’sbiggest road project by cost.
13). Paytm acquires Delhi based company Shifu:
· Paytm, a mobile payment and commerce platform has acquired Shifu, a context-aware personal assistant application.
· Shifu mines the smartphone usage patterns of users and makes personalised and relevant recommendations to them.
EVENTS AND FESTIVALS
· For the 30th edition of the annual festivalDastkari Haat Samiti, supported by Ministry of External Affairs and the Embassy of India in Myanmar, has collaborated to exhibit traditional crafts.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) has joined hands with the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)to develop a battery for passenger cars using technology.
· This will be useful to make batteries for space vehicles.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
· British writer Kate Atkinson won thenovel-of-the-year prize atBritain’s Costa Book Awards 2015 for the second time in three years.
· She fetched the award forA God in Ruins, a story of war and its aftermath.
· Ex-Chief Justice of IndiaSarosh Homi Kapadiapassed away on 4 January 2016 in Mumbai. He was 68.
18). BJP MLA Raghunandan Mandal has died:
· BJP MLA RaghunandanMandal has died atKorka district at the age of 63.
· MrMandal complained ofchest pain and died on way to hospital.
· India’s third largest software exporter Wipro has named former TCS veteran and current chief operating officerAbidali Neemuchwala as its new chief executive, a move that was widely expected and reported earlier.
· Mumbai teenager PranavDhanawade on 05 Jan 2016 scripted history by becoming the first batsman ever to notch up a four-figure score by smashing an unbeaten knock of 1009 in an inter-school tournament in Mumbai.
21). ONGC won 26th Lal Bahadur Shastri Hockey tournament:
· To win the title, theONGC defeated Indian Railways3-0 on penalties in the final match held at theShivaji Stadium in New Delhi.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here