Daily Current Affairs Updates- 6th August 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use these questions.
1).Union Cabinet has approved
a. Financial assistance of627 crores toMTNL andBSNL for surrendering800MHz telecom spectrum in some circles
b. Assignmenta part of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited(BSNL) mobile towers to a new company
This helpsBSNL to
· Realignits structure in thehighly competitive telecom sector in regards with the private telecom companies
· Unlock its tower assets and improve its financial position
Department of Telecommunications (DoT) will formulate the organizational and capital structure of the new company.
BSNLhas64,500 mobile towers across the country at present.
50,000of these tower sites haveoptical fiber cable (OFC) connectivity
From2010, BSNL has shared its mobile towers with other service providers.
2).Parliament passed theDelhi High Court Amendment Bill, 2015 to amend the parent billDelhi High Court Act, 1966 to reduce the workload ofDelhi High Court.
Passed inRajya Sabha inMay 2015.
On5thJune 2015, passed inLok Sabhaby voice vote
Features of Bill:
a. Increases pecuniary jurisdiction of Delhi High Court over suits above the value of 2 crores from 20 lakhs
b. Pecuniary jurisdiction – jurisdiction of a court over a suit based on the amount or value of its subject matter
c. Enables the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court totransfer any pending suit to a relevant subordinate court
d. Reduces the work load of Delhi High Court by transferring civil suits to 9 district courts in Delhi
3). Union Cabinet signed an agreement withUNESCO for establishment of aCentre for World Natural Heritage Management and Training forAsia-Pacific region. This centre will provide
a. Services for evaluation andpreparation of proposals for new cultural and heritage sites inAsia-Pacific region
b. Leadership to India in the Asia-Pacific region that includes50-countries
c. Capacity buildingandtraining on management and monitoring of heritage sites
d. Improvement in the management of heritage sites in the country
The centre will be established ascategory-2 centre(C2C) at theWildlife Institute of India(WII) inDehradun, Uttarakhand.
WII -1stinstitute to getnatural heritage recognition byUNESCO.
Indiahas32 UNESCO heritage sites out of which
· 7 – natural sites
· 25 – cultural sites
4). Union Cabinet approved the direct release of wages into the accounts of the workers under theMahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA). This will
a. Improve the overall efficiency ofimplementation of MGNREGA
b. Benefit all stakeholders
c. Lessenthe levels of corruption in MGNREGA by bringing transparency in movement of funds
d. Enable theState governments to concentrate more in planning and improving the efficiency of the scheme rather than managing funds
e. Empower Gram panchayats to work according to the agreed labour budget without struggling for funds
Fund transfer by –Union Rural Development Minstry
Wage distribution by –State Employment Guarantee Fund window
5).California based multinational financial service providerVisa Inc. to test its app-based mobile payments service‘mVisa’ inIndia. This application enables
· Users to transfer money and micro payments for services through mobile
· Replacementof the1.1 million physical points of sales (PoS) in India from Visa Inc. to mVisa
6). Union Government approved the decentralization of the existingchartering arrangementsforcargo shippingto
· Empower state government andPublic Sector Undertakings(PSU)
· Add competitiveness between PSUs to deal with other cargo shipping sector players
· Enable PSUs to make tailor made solutions for cargo operations
· Increase carrier capacity for cargo transportation due to competition
7). India’sAirtellaunchedhigh-speed 4G services across 296 towns across India
· 1stlaunched inKolkata and conducted trials in51 cities
· Airtel is the1st commercial 4G network that has brought high speec mobile broadband in India
· Airtel with Samsung to develop4G-enabled handsets in affordable price
· Main competitor in 4G network for Airtel isReliance Jio
8). Snapdeal’s R&D department launched its1stproduct
· Findmystyle.in– website to help customers to pick products by
a. Data analyzing
b. Minding the need of customers
· With an aim to improve the shopping experience for the customers and sellers
Snapdeal to invest100 million US dollars (637 crores) inMultimedia Research Lab in Bangalore by 2018
Snapdeal has over 40 million registered users and 1,50,000 business sellers.
More Daily Current Affairs Updates:
Daily Current Affairs Quiz- Check Below:
/ 5. Reviews