Daily Current Affairs Updates– 7th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Armed Forces Flag Day was observed across India on 7 December 2015:
· Aim: To collect funds from people all around the country for the welfare and rehabilitation of ex-Servicemen, war widows or disabled and their dependents of the Indian Armed Forces.
2). World Bank Launches $500M Transformative Carbon Asset Facility (TCAF) to Boost Climate Change Action:
· TheTransformative Carbon Asset Facility (TCAF), announced during theCOP21 talks in Paris, will attempt to find new ways to create new greenhouse gas reduction programs in developing countries.
· Germany, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland arethe first countries to fund what the World Bank aims to be a$500 millioneffort to reduce the risks of climate change.
· Aim:to enable persons withdisabilities to gain universal access, equal opportunity for development, independent living and participation in an inclusive society in all aspects of life.
· Launched by:Union Minister of FinanceArun Jaitleyand Union Minister of Social Justice& Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot.
· Launched on:International Day of Persons with Disabilities (3 December)
4). Union Government has released 2 commemorative coins on Dr B R Ambedkar as part of the 125th birth anniversary year celebrations of the architecture of Indian Constitution:
· Released by:PM Narendra Modi
· The coins are of10 rupee and125 rupee denomination and were issued onthe 60th Mahaparinirvan Divas of Babasaheb Ambedkar.
5). Singapore has replaced Mauritius as the top source of FDI into India during the first half of the current fiscal:
· During April-September 2015, India has attracted $6.69 billion (Rs.43,096 crore) FDIfrom Singapore whilefrom Mauritius, it received $3.66 billion (Rs.23,490 crore), according to data from theDepartment of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
· According to experts, theDouble Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA)with Singapore incorporatesLimit-of-Benefit(LoB) clause, which has provided comfort to foreign investors based there to invest in India.
6). General Motors has appointed Kaher Kazem as president and managing director of its India operations effective 1st January 2015:
· At present he serves as theChief Operating Officer (COO) of GM India, will be replacingArvind Saxena.Mr. Saxena has leading General Motors India since early2014.
7). IDFC Bank ties up with TCS for core banking solutions:
· IDFC Bankhas inked a pact with IT services majorTata Consultancy Services to useTCS BaNCS for its core banking solutions.
· IDFC Bank started operations on October 1 this year with23 branches, powered by TCS BaNCS.
8). India, Pakistan NSAs hold breakthrough talks in Bangkok:
· National Security Advisor (NSA) level talks betweenIndia and Pakistan were held inBangkok, Thailand.
· Participants: India’s NSAAjit Doval and his Pakistan counterpart,Nasir Janjua. Foreign secretariesS. Jaishankar (India)and Aziz Ahmad Chaudhary (Pakistan).
· In this event series of issues were discussed, including security and the situation inKashmir, at the centre of squabbling between the two nuclear-armed nations.
· Flagged off by: Railway MinisterSuresh Prabhu via video conference fromPanaji.
· Highlights: This is thefirst fully air-conditioned double-decker train in India.
· The train will run thrice a week betweenMargao andthe Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) in Mumbai.
10). 8th India-Russia joint naval exercise-INDRA NAVY-15 has begun in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh:
· Aim:to increaseinteroperability between the navies of two countries and develop common understanding of procedures for maritime security operations.
· Australia defeated Belgium by 2-1 to win 2014-2015Men’s Hockey World League Final, which was held atSardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Stadium, Raipur.
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates- Click Here