Daily Current Affairs Updates– 7th January 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1. RBI Deputy governor Urjit Patel, set for term extension:
· The government is set to extendthe term of the central banker behind monetary policy changes that have helped reduce the country’s chronically high inflation, signaling confidencein Governor Raghuram Rajan’s team at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
· Urjit Patel — the architect of a switch to formally target inflation, among other changes — is likely to stay on as a deputy governor when his three-year term ends next week, government and policymaker sources said.
· Patel,one of the RBI’s four deputy governors, has run the monetary policy department since 2013.
COMMITTEE IN NEWS:
2. Anil Dev Singh Committee:
· Delhi HighCourtappointed Justice Anil dev Singh Committee for review of school fee, recommended refund of fee unjustly hiked by 53 unaided private schools in the capital to-Parents with 9% interest.
3. Union Cabinet gave Ex-Post-facto approval:
· Cabinet gave ex-post-facto approval to MOU withBangladeshfor mode of operation ofBorder Haatssigned in 2010.
4. Union Cabinet approved Credit Guarantee Fund for MUDRA Loans:
· Union Cabinet has given its approval for the creation ofCredit Guarantee Fund forMUDRA Loans and to convertMUDRA Ltd. Into MUDRA SIDBI Bank as a wholly owned Subsidiary ofSIDBI.
· The Fund is expected to guarantee more thanRs 1,00,000 crore worth of loans to micro and small units in the first instance.
5. Union Cabinet Approved Standup India Scheme to Promote Entrepreneurship among SC/ST and Women:
· The Scheme is intended to facilitate at least two such projects per bank branch, on an average one for each category of entrepreneur. It is expected to benefit at least2.5 lakh borrowers all over the country
The details of the scheme are as follows:
· The Focus of the scheme is on handholding support for both SC/ST andWomen borrowers.
· The overall intent of the approval is to leverage the institutional credit structure to reach out to these under-served sectors of the population by facilitating bank loans repayable up to7 years and betweenRs. 10 lakh to Rs. 100 lakh for Greenfield enterprises in the non farm sector set up by such SC, ST and Women borrowers.
· The loan granted under the scheme would be appropriately secured and backed by a credit guarantee through a credit guarantee scheme for which Department of Financial Services would be the settler andNational Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Limited. (NCGTC)would be the operating agency.
· Margin money of the composite loan would be up to 25%. Convergence with state schemes is expected to reduce the actual requirement of margin money for a number of borrowers.
6.Govt. to implement BS-VI norms by 2020:
· The government, in a move to fight pollution, will implement Bharat Standard (BS)-VI emission norms by April 1, 2020.
· GOI decided that it will move to BS-VI norms across the country directly from BS-IV norms by April 1,2020.The Petroleum Ministry would spend Rs.30,000 crore for upgrading refineries to implement the clean fuel technology” said Union Road, Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari.
7. Operation DHANGU:
· ’Operation Dhangu’, the codename given to the mission to eliminate the terrorists in the Pathankot Air Force Station
· IAF planes carried out routine sorties in the border areas for surveillance, communication and reconnaissance, he added.Dhangu is the name of the village where the airbase has been established.
8. Srilanka and Pakistan Signed 8 MOU’S:
· Srilanka signed8 Mou’s with Pakistan to deepen bilateral engagement
ü Srilanka PM- Ranil Wickramsinghe
ü Pakistan PM- Nawaz Sheriff
9. Union Cabinet Approves MOU on Civil-Aviation With Singapore:
· The objective of this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is to establish mutual cooperation in the field of civil aviation, which will cover, to begin with, the airports ofJaipur and Ahmadabad. This cooperation will be extended to other airports with mutual consent.
10. Achyuta Samanta elected as General President of 105th Indian Science Congress:
· Dr Achyuta Samanta was on 6 January 2016 elected as the General President of the105th Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) that is scheduled for 2017-18.
· Samanta is also currently serving as member of Executive Council of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA).
11. Sam Pitroda appointed as the Technology advisor of Odisha:
· Sam Pitroda was appointed as theTechnology advisor of Odisha in order to work towards Vision 2036 initiated by Odisha Government.
· Sam Pitroda is the foundingChairman of Telecom Commission in India. He was also appointed as the Chairman of India’s Smart Grid Task Force.
12. Ganga Gram Yojana Launched:
· Scheme Launched by Union Minister of Water and Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation UMA BHARTHI in Uttar Pradesh under which1600 villagessituated along the banks of river Ganga will be developed.
13. Wattan KO Jano initiative: A programme that aims to expose youth from J&K to rest of India:
· Wattan KO Jano, an initiative being carried out by theUnion Ministry of Home Affairs in coordination with theJammu and Kashmir(J&K) Government.
· Watan KO Jano initiative was conceived by the J&K State Rehabilitation Council in2011. It essentially is aYouth Exchange Programme under which the children of militancy-hit victims, orphanages, and weaker sections of society are identified by Jammu and Kashmir State Rehabilitation Council as beneficiaries under the programme in the state.
· The initiative aims at exposing youth from the state to the vibrant development and vitality of culture of people residing in other states of the country.
14. State Cabinet of Kerala approved the implementation of Sampoorna Arogya Keralam Project:
· The objective ofSampoorna Arogya Keralam project is to bring together the major health services initiated byKerala’s Government under one umbrella. Under this Project people of Kerala will not be bound to visit different offices and agencies to avail medical services.
· Under thisSampoorna Arogya Keralam Project people can avail health services at any private and public hospitals by using a smart health card. It Will Be Headed byCM of Kerala
· Financial assistance up toRs. 2 lakh will be provided to the beneficiaries under this Project
15. Priyanka Chopra 1st Indian to Bag People’s Choice Award:
· ActressPriyanka Chopra became the1stIndian to bag an award at the American awards show,People’s choice awards.
· She won the Favorite Actress Award in a New TV Series Honor for her role in‘Quantico’
16. California governor declares state of emergency
· California Governor Jerry Browndeclared a Los Angeles-area gas leak an emergency and vowed to protect public health and safety.
· The governor’s office said in a statement it was establishing an incident command structure to coordinate local, state and federal response to the leak and stop it as soon as possible.
17.Netflix launches in India, plans start at Rs. 500:
· Netflix Inc. launched operations in India, with plans starting at Rs. 500 ($7.50) per month, as theU.S.-based video streaming company pushes ahead with its global expansion plans
· The company will also offer two other plans priced at Rs. 650 rupees and Rs. 800 rupees, it announced on its website.
18.Huawei becomes first Chinese company to ship more than 100 million smart phones in a year:
· Huawei TechnologiesCo became the firstChinese handset vendor to ship more than100 million smart phones in a year when its 2015 shipments defied a market slowdown and jumped44 percent, thanks to strong sales domestically and in Western Europe.
· Shenzhen-based Huaweidisclosed it shipped 108 million smart phones last year, as it sought to shed its budget supplier image to target higher-margin premium models. In comparison, the global industry is expected to have grown at asingle-digit ratein 2015 for the first time.
19. Tournament’s ‘best shooter’ Chandela wins another gold:
· India’s Apurvi Chandela shot her way to a second successive gold medal and emerged as the’Shooter of the Tournament’ in theSwedish Cup Grand Prix in Savsjo, Sweden. The23-year-oldChandela shot208.9 in the final to clinch the top prize in women’s10-metretri-series event.
· For heroutstanding performance in the tournament, the rising shooter was awarded a Walther rifle, besides being crowned the best shooter (men and women combined).
20. Australia Wins Test Series 2-0 against West Indies:
· Australia lifted theFrank-Worrell Trophy after winning the series 2-0 following a draw at theSCGin the rain-affected3rd testagainst West Indies on Thursday.
· Man of the Series:Adam Voges (Australia)
21. Jammu and Kashmir CM Mufti Mohammed Sayeed Died:
· Mufti Mohammed Sayeedpassed away on 7 January 2016 at the AIIMS Hospital in New Delhi. He was 79
· Sayeed who founded theJammu and Kashmir people’s Democratic Party had been admitted to AIIMS in Delhi with complaints of severe and neck pain.
22. Pierre Boulez, French Conductor and Musician, Died:
· FormerPrincipal Conductor of New YorkPhilharmonic passed away in Baden-Baden, Germany. He was 90.
· A French Composer and Conductor, he helped blaze a new radical path for classical music in the 20th century and became one of the dominant person.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here