Daily Current Affairs Updates– 8th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· Red alert is the highest possible state of caution. Government warned thatBeijing would be shrouded in heavy smog from8thDecember to 10th December.
· The red alert was announced for the first time since an emergency air-pollution response system (four-tier system) was introduced in2013.
Opposition Party Democratic Unity Roundtable (MUD) won majority seats in the Venezuelan parliamentary election:
· Held on: 6th December 2015
· Democratic Unity Roundtable (MUD) secured110 seats in the167-seats legislature and United Socialist Party of Venezueala (PSUV) secured 55 seats so far.
· It is the worst-ever defeat for the PSUV which was founded by former leaderHugo Chavez in 1999.
· Aim:to overcome difficulties encountered in the setting up of new nuclear projects and enhancement of nuclear power generation.
· This Bill seeks to amend theAtomic Energy Act, 1962.
· Note:The nuclear power operations are being carried out by only two Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) namely Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) and Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Limited (BHAVINI), both of which are under the administrative control of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
ONGC has joined Zero Routine Flaring by 2030 Initiative of the World Bank:
· Announced at:Conference of Parties-21 (COP-21) of UNFCCC inParis
· ONGC has becomethe first oil company from India to join the global initiative that is aimed at curbing routine gas flaring at oil production sites around the world by2030.
· 19 other entities along with ONGC, endorsed the initiative taking the number of total countries or companies or development institutions to45since its inception in April 2015.
Maharashtra has become country’s first state to allow the MLAs to raise online questions:
· Aim: to bringing the paper work to minimum.
· State has implemented this as part ofDigital MLAs, regard this government has launched a website:mls.org.in.
· The experiment was tried for thefirst time before the ongoing winter session of the state legislature atNagpur.
· SEBIhas directed the company and its directors to refundRs 17.51 crore to the investors which it had illegally raised along with an interest of 15% per annum.
· The company had allotted redeemable preference shares to6,000 persons without complying with the public issue norms.
· Company and its promoters and directors had been barred from the securities markets forfour years and this ban would continue till the completion of refund to investors.
· Its Promoters and Directors areAbhinandan Kumar Singh, Sumanta Singh, Neeraj Pathak and Arup Kumar De.
Tata Communications has concluded the deal to sell the Neotel’s fixed line assets to Vodacom South Africa:
· Tata Communicationswill retain control of licencesincluding spectrum.
· The deal was originally signed inMay last year whereinVodafone’s South African subsidiaryVodacom had reached an agreement to buyNeotel, controlled by Tata Communications, for 7 billion rand (about Rs 3,200 crore).
Tech Mahindra was honored with the prestigious ‘Forbes Top 100 Middle East – Global Meets Local 2015’ Award:
· Tech Mahindra has beenoperates in Middle East for over 12 yearsacross UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain and Turkey.
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews