Daily Current Affairs Updates– 8th January 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Indo-French Military Exercise SHAKTI-2016 started:
· India and France started their 8-day counter terrorism and counter-insurgency joint exercise Shakti-2016 in Rajasthan.
· This is the3rd Editionin the series of bilateral exercise
2). Overseas Indian Affairs Ministry, MEA Merged:
· In orderto avoid duplication of work and to improve Efficiency, the government merged the ministry of overseas Indian affairs with Ministry of External Affairs
· Punjab CM Parkash Singh Badal Ordered ban on manufacture of food products containing tobacco or Nicotine like gutkha and pan masala in the state with immediate effect.
4). GOI approves proposed EMC in Naya Raipur:
· The Central Government has given final approval to the proposedElectronic Manufacturing Cluster(EMC)in Chhattisgarh’s upcoming capital Naya Raipur
· Proposed EMC to come up in 70 acres area as a Special Industrial Park, will be located atTuta Village around 61 industries would be setup which are expected to draw investments around 2,000 crore
5) .BHEL commissions 2 substations in Afghanistan:
· State owned power equipment maker BHEL has Commissioned 2 substations in Afghanistan, BHEL commissioned two 220/20kV substations and its commissioned at Charikar and Doshi, Kabul
7). Anti Submarine warship INS Kadmatt commissioned in the Indian Navy:
· INS (Indian Navy Ship) Kadmatt,second ship of Project 28 (P28) class Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Corvettes, was commissioned into the Indian Navy by the Chief of Naval Staff at a ceremony held at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
· INS Kadmatt has a multitude of networks such as Total Atmospheric Control System (TACS), Integrated Platform Management System (IPMS), Integrated Bridge System (IBS), Battle Damage Control System (BDCS) and Personnel Locator System (PLS) to provide a contemporary and process oriented System of Systems for optimal functioning of the warship.
8). Union Cabinet Approved MoU on counter terrorism with Bahrain
· The Union cabinet approved the agreement betweenIndia and Bahrainon Cooperation in the field of combating International Terrorism, Transnational and Organized Crime and Trafficking in Illicit Drugs, Narcotic and Psychotropic substances and precursor’s chemicals and its ratification.
9). Devender Kumar Sikri Appointed as Chairman of CCI:
· Devender Kumar Sikri appointed as Chairman of fair-trade regulator Competition Commission of India(CCI)
· He SucceedsAshok Chawla,whose tenure ended on 7 January,2016
10). Amitabh Kant Appointed as CEO of NITI Aayog:
· Amitabh Kant appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NITI Aayog. His appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet(ACC)
· Chairman of NITI Aayog; Prime MinisterNarendra Modi
11). Rajasthan signed MOU with Cairn India:
· Rajasthan government signed Mou with Cairn Enterprise Centre Societ,Supported by oil and gas exploration companyCairn India
· The Mou aims at providingClean Drinking Water in Barmer District.
12). Quikr merges with CommonFloor to create biggest real estate vertical:
· Online classifieds portal Quikr announced the merger of real estate listing company CommonFloor.com ,making the combined entity the biggest in the space
· Co-Founder and CEO,CommonFloor-Sumit Jain
· Founder and CEO,Quickr-Pranay Chulet
13). Andhra Pradesh Introduced e-Tappal system for tracking of applications and files:
· The Andhra Government has taken a major initiative in the field of e-Governance and launched the e-Tappal online tracking system in Government Offices; Online tappal management system has been introduced to streamline the functioning of different sections, thereby ensuring a better and effective service to the applicants.
· Queries filed through RTI (Right to Information), NOC (No Objection Certificate) applications, court orders, dealers’ grievances, head office orders have been brought under the new system. Soon after a document is obtained, the RTA employees will assign an exclusive file number to the applications. The respective section officer, administration officer, RTO and senior authorities would get an alert in the inboxes of their office domain and an SMS in their cell phones too.
14). ICICI Bank to Partner FINO PayTech for Payments Bank:
· ICICI Bank will Partner FINO PayTech to Foray into the bank payments space.
· ICICI group, with about 16% stake in FINO PayTech a business correspondent, is the largest domestic shareholder.
· FINO PayTech has received ‘in-principle ‘license from RBI to start a payment bank.
· RBI regulations allow universal banks to invest up 30 percent in payment bank.
15). IFSC banking units can open foreign currency current accounts:
· IFSC banking units can open foreign currency current accounts and of non-resident institutional investors to facilitate their investment transactions.
· RBI also clarified that it cannot raise liabilities from retail customers including high net worth individuals (HNIs).Also No cheque facility available for holders of current accounts. All transactions through these accounts must be undertaken via bank transfers.
16). Bandhan Bank Mobilizes 5000 crore deposits till December:
· Kolkata baesd Bandhan bank is making rapid progress in deposit collection and credit operations. It has already opened 605 branches across 27 states.
· Founder, MD and CEO-Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
17). China’s Ctrip Invests $180mn in MakeMyTrip:
· Chinese online travel company Ctrip.com agreed to invest $180million in MakeMyTrip through Convertible bonds.
18). China firm to build Pok dam despite Opposition:
· The state run CTGC will develop the 1100MW Kohala Hydropower Project in Muzaffarabad with an estimated total of $2.4 billion
· This is a part of Chinese Pre4sident Xi Jinping’s development strategy, ‘Belt and Road’
19). India will be Nepal PM Oli’s first foreign visit:
· Nepal’s Deputy PM Kamal Thapa said that Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli’s first trip abroad would be to India.
· The visit is expected to happen in first half of February, adding that oli would visit china as well
20). Indian Shuttler becomes Junior World Number 1:
· Indian junior badminton player,Siril Verma has been named as the Number one-ranked junior badminton player, according to recently released Badminton World Federation(BWF)Rankings
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews