Daily Current Affairs Updates– 9th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· Theme: Break the corruption chain
· Aim: to raise public awareness about corruption and what people can do to fight it.
· Name of the New Stock Exchange:The Yangon Stock Exchange
· Initially it will be openonly to Myanmar companies and investors which was being setup withJapanese Assistance.
3). New Zealand formally joined as the member of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB):
· New Zealand was theninth country to formally become a founding member.
· The AIIB would have around100 billion U.S. dollars of initial capital to promote sustainable development in the region.
· New Zealand’s paid in capital will be around125 million NZ dollars (83.05 million U.S. dollars), paid overfive years.
4). FIFA has signed an eight-year partnership deal with Alibaba E-Auto for the Club World Cup:
· Announced by: FIFA marketing director-Thierry Weil
· Alibaba E-Auto branding will have a strong presence at both stadiums for this year’s tournament, which is being held inJapan from December 10-20.
· The Club World Cup features the top clubs fromFIFA’s six continental confederations. European champion Barcelona and Copa Libertadores winner River Plate are the favorites to reach the final on December 20.
· This is an annual regional gathering of Asian and other countries commenced inIslamabad Pakistan.
· Jointly Inaugurated by: Pakistan Prime MinisterNawaz Sharifand Afghan PresidentAshraf Ghani.
· Theme of the meeting: ‘Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process: Enhanced cooperation for countering security threats and promoting connectivity in the Heart of Asia region.’
6). Yes Bank Limited has announced to mobilize 5 billion US dollars from 2015 to 2020 for climate action:
· Announced was made at: COP 21 climate summit in Paris.
· Yes Bank was planned to mobilize the fund throughlending, investing and raising capital towards mitigation, adaptation and resilience.
· Yes Bank has also projected more activities to achieve holistic impact and aid India’s target of meeting its Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs).
· Ghadr-110 ballistic missile is an advance version ofShahab 3 missile
· It has a range of 1,800 –2000 km and is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead as well as conventional warheads.
8). Hetero Drugs became the first Indian company to receive the approval of Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) to launch Hepatitis C medicines:
· Hetero Drugs is aHyderabad based company which launched the fixed-dose combination therapyLedipasvir-Sofosbuvir.
· The product will be available under the brand nameLedisof in India.
· Hetero signed a non-exclusive licensing agreement with the USA-basedGilead Sciences in to manufacture and market chronic hepatitis C medicines.
9). Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and the Department of Heavy Industry (DHI) has signed a MoU to Develop Skills in manufacturing sector:
· Aim: to create centres of excellence for differentmanufacturing skills and a multi-location national institute of manufacturing technologies for training education and research by utilizing/upgrading the existing training facilities of Central PSUs.
· Under this MoU, all Central PSUs have committed toinvest at least 20 percent of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds for skilling purpose.
· Uttar Pradesh Government honoring Frank Islam to recognize hisachievements and outstanding contributions in a foreign country.
· He was anentrepreneur and philanthropist, will be conferred with this prestigious award at the inauguralUP Pravasi Diwaswhich will be held on4th Jan 2015 at Agra.
· He was the founder ofQSS Group and FI Investment Group.
· Book authored by Islam: Working the Pivot Points: To Make America Work Again, and Renewing the American Dream: A Citizen’s Guide for Restoring Our Competitive Advantage.
11). Chen Long (China) and Carolina Marin (Spain) has won the 2015 BWF Player of the Year Awards under Male and Female category respectively:
List of winners are given below:
Player of the Year Award (Male)
Chen Long (China)-World’s No.1
Player of the Year Award (Female)
Carolina Marin (Spain)-2015 all England& World Champion
Most Promising Player of the Year Award
Zheng Si Wei –World Junior Champion in Mixed Doubles and Men’s Doubles
Female Para-Badminton Player of the Year
Helle Sofie Sagoy (Norway)
Male Para-Badminton Player of the Year
Lee Sam Seop (Korea)
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates– Click Here
/ 5. Reviews