“DAILY HANDOUTS”- Evening Session:
Dear Aspirants, “Practice makes a man perfect” is a most popular proverb. Practice means constant use of one’s intellectual and aesthetic powers. Perfect means ‘ideal’, complete and excellent’. Proper planning and practice promote perfect performance. Constant practice also sharpens talents.
To give more practice to you, to make your practice hours more, to make us a part of your success, our team planned a new session of “Daily Handouts”.
In this particular session we will give you questions with options and without explanations. You have to solve by your own and if there is any doubt arises while solving or unable to solve the questions or facing any sort of problems means you can comment below IBPS GUIDE Team will help you out to solve the problem.
Thank you. Hope it will help you more in your success and one more thing you can comment the answers to help others also.
Directions (1 – 5) Study the given information and answer the question:
When a word and number arrangement machine is given an input line of words and numbers, it arranges following a particular rule. The following is an illustration of input and arrangement: (All the number are two digit numbers)
Input: ship 71 team 37 after 14 grace 53 lace 88 quick 69
Step I:88 ship 71 team 37 14 grace 53 lace quick 69 after
Step II:88 71 ship team 37 14 53 lace quick 69 after grace
Step III:88 71 69 ship team 37 14 53 quick after grace lace
Step IV:88 71 69 53 ship team 37 14 after grace lace quick
Step V:88 71 69 53 37 team 14 after grace lace quick ship
Step VI:88 71 69 53 37 14 after grace lace quick ship team
Step VI is the last step of the above arrangement as the intended arrangement is obtained.
As per the rules followed in the given steps, find out the appropriate steps for the given input.
Input: win 99 run 39 east 75 help 11 point 57 dry 41 line 83
1. In step II. which element/s appear/s exactly between ‘39’ and ‘help’ ?
A. All ‘east’ ‘75′ and ‘IV’
B. Both ‘75’and ‘11′
C. Both ‘east’ and ‘75′
D. Only ‘75′
E. Only ‘east’
2. Which of the following is the third element to the left of the thirteenth element from the left end of step IV ?
3. Which element is fifth to the right of ’win’ in the second last step ?
4. How many elements are there between 41 and east” in the final step ?
A. More than four
5. Which step number is the following output 99 83 75 win run 39 11 point 57 41 line dry cost help
E. There is no such step
6. What is the position of 11′ from the right end in the third last step ?
Directions (1 – 7) Study the following information carefully to answer the question.
In a medical college there are 1600 students studying Dentistry and Homeopathy. Each student from each course knows one or more languages out of English, Hindi and Bangla 45% of the students study Dentistry and remaining students study Homeopathy.
Out of the students studying Dentistry, boys and girls are in the ratio of 5 : 3 respectively.
Out of the boys studying Dentistry, 16% know only English, 10% know only Hindi and 4% know only Bangla. 24% know only English as well as Hindi, 20% know only English as well as Bangla. 14% know only Hindi as well as Bangla Remaining boys know all three languages.
Out of the girls studying Dentistry, 20% know only English. 10% know only Hindi and 10% know only Bangla.20% know only English as well as Hindi 20% know English as well as Bangla. 10% know only Hindi as well as Bangla Remaining girls know all three languages.
Out of the students studying Homeopathy boys and girls are in the ratio of 4 : 7 respectively.
Out of the boys studying Homeopathy, 20% know only English, 15% know only Hindi and 5% know only Bangla 15% know only English as well as Hindi, 25% know English as well as Bangla, 10% know only Hindi as well as Bangla Remaining boys know all three languages .
Out of the girls studying Homeopathy, 15% know only English, 15% know only Hindi and 5% know only Bangla. 20% know only English as well as Hindi, 20% know English as well as Bangla, 15% know only Hindi as well as Bangla Remaining girls know all three languages.
1. How many students studying Homeopathy do not know English?
2. What percent of the total no. of girls in the college know Bangla?
3. What percent of the total no. of girls in the college do not know Hindi? (rounded off to nearest integer)
4. How many students studying Dentistry know only either English or Hindi?
5. Total how many students in the college know all three languages?
6. Out of the total no. of students studying Dentistry, what percent knows at least two languages?
A. 66 ¼
B. 62 ¼
C. 64 ¼
D. 63 ¼
E. 56 ¼
7. Out of the students studying Homeopathy, what is the ratio between no. of boys knowing English and the no. of girls knowing Hindi respectively?
A. 1 : 3
B. 9 : 13
C. 2 : 3
D. 9 : 11
E. 3 : 5
~SHARE YOUR SOLUTIONS~
/ 5. Reviews