“DAILY HANDOUTS”- Evening Session:
Dear Aspirants, “Practice makes a man perfect” is a most popular proverb. Practice means constant use of one’s intellectual and aesthetic powers. Perfect means ‘ideal’, complete and excellent’. Proper planning and practice promote perfect performance. Constant practice also sharpens talents.
To give more practice to you, to make your practice hours more, to make us a part of your success, our team planned a new session of “Daily Handouts”.
In this particular session we will give you questions with options and without explanations. You have to solve by your own and if there is any doubt arises while solving or unable to solve the questions or facing any sort of problems means you can comment bellow IBPS GUIDE Team will help you out to solve the problem.
Thank you. Hope it will help you more in your success and one more thing you can comment the answers to help others also.
(1-5) Study the given information and answer the question ;
When a word and number arrangement machine is given an input line of words and numbers, it arranges them following a particular rule. The following is an illustration of input and rearrangement:
(All the numbers are two digit numbers)
Input : recent 32 43 news paper 56 objective 89 assessment 13 23 done
Step I : 13 assessment recent 32 43 news paper 56 objective 89 23 done
Step II : 23 done 13 assessment recent 32 43 news paper 56 objective 89
Step III : 32 news 23 done 13 assessment recent 43 paper 56 objective 89
Step IV : 43 objective 32 news 23 done 13 assessment recent paper 56 89
Step V : 56 paper 43 objective 32 news 23 done 13 assessment recent 89
Step VI : 89 recent 56 paper 43 objective 32 news 23 done 13 assessment
Step VI is the last step of the above arrangement as the intended arrangement is obtained.
As per the rules followed in the given steps, find out the appropriate steps for the given input.
Input: evaluation 42 51 of 85 paper 97 today 11 important 37 68 now finish
1. Which element is seventh to the right of the element which is eleventh from the right end , of the last step?
2. How many steps will be required to complete the given arrangement based on the given input ?
3. What is the position of paper’ from the left end in the second step ?
4. In which step are the elements ‘finish 11 evaluation of’ found in the same order ?
e) The given order of elements is not found in any step.
5. Which of the following is third step of the arrangement based on the given input ?
a) 51 of 85 paper 97 today 68 now 42 important 37 finish 11 evaluation
b) 42 important 11 evaluation 51 of 85 paper 97 today 68 now 37 finish
c) 42 important 37 finish 11 evaluation 51 of 85 paper 97 today 68 now
d) important 42 finish 37 evaluation 11 51 of 85 paper 97 today 68 now
e) 51 of 85 paper 97 today 68 now 11 evaluation 37 finish 42 important
1. A boat can travel 9.8 km downstream in 21 mins. The speed of the water current is 3.5 kmph.The boat takes 385 minutes to travel from point A to B and return to point A. What is the distance between points A and B in Km?
2. Junaid covered first 80 km of the journey at 96 kmph. the next 44 km of the journey at 80 kmph and finally the remaining distance in 75 minutes, thereby averaging the speed 71 (61 ⁄ 79) kmph for the entire journey. How much is the distance travelled (in km) in the last phase of the journey (in last 75 minutes)?
3. A contractor undertook to do a certain piece of work in 18 days He employed certain number of men. but 8 of them were absent from very first day. The rest took 4 days beyond the schedule to finish the work. How many men were originally employed by the contractor?
4. 12 years ago A’s uncle’s age was 3 times A’s age (that time). 6 years from now A’s uncle’s age would be 1(7 ⁄ 8) times of A’s age that time. 2 years from now what will be the respective ratio of A’s age and A’s uncle’s age that time?
a) 3 : 5
b) 7 : 12
c) 5 : 8
d) 1 : 2
e) 4 : 7
5. The difference between the largest and the second largest of three numbers is added to the smallest. Now the average of the largest, second largest and new number formed exceeds the average of the original three numbers by 15. The largest number exceeds the second largest number by how much?
~SHARE YOUR SOLUTIONS~