“DAILY HANDOUTS”- Evening Session:
Dear Aspirants, “Practice makes a man perfect” is a most popular proverb. Practice means constant use of one’s intellectual and aesthetic powers. Perfect means ‘ideal’, complete and excellent’. Proper planning and practice promote perfect performance. Constant practice also sharpens talents.
To give more practice to you, to make your practice hours more, to make us a part of your success, our team planned a new session of “Daily Handouts”.
In this particular session we will give you questions with options and without answers or explanations. You have to solve by your own and if there is any doubt arises while solving or unable to solve the questions or facing any sort of problems means you can comment bellow IBPS GUIDE Team will help you out to solve the problem.
Thank you. Hope it will help you more in your success and one more thing you can comment the answers to help others also.
(1 – 3) Study the following information carefully and answer the given question:
J is the mother of P. P is the brother of K. K is the mother of V. Q is the only brother of V. G is the father of Q. S is the daughter in law of K.
1. How is J related to Q?
2. If Q is unmarried, then how is V related to G?
e) Cannot be determined
3. How is P related to G?
c) Brother in law
e) Son in law
Read the following information carefully and answer the question which follows:
4. The city road transport department claims that AC buses are not preferred by the locals because they charge a higher fare as compared to the local non AC buses.
Which of the following weakens the claim made by the officials?
a) Most AC buses provided by the department are in very good condition due to regular maintenance.
b) Due to the hot and humid climate of city A. AC buses were a hit when they were introduced initially.
c) Not everyone in city A can afford the fare charged by the AC buses.
d) The profit made by local non AC buses is much higher than the AC buses of the city.
e) The frequency of the AC buses is very poor and most of the time there is no bus available during peak
5. The postal system is not well-managed these days. The cost of first-class letter delivery has increased five times in past two decades. Moreover there has been a good deal of decrease in the speed and reliability of the service. It seems that with the emergence of newer communication options, the end of the postal system is near.
Which of the following statements strengthen the above argument?
(A) The volume of mail handled by the postal service has increased dramatically over the last thirty years, increasing the popularity as well as the work load for the system.
(B) These days postal services have separate departments and each department is allocated with specific work.
(C) The minimum time that letters took earlier to be delivered is the same as the minimum delivery time today. Thus, it can be said that the postal services have improved manifold despite the huge volume these days.
(D) The other services provided today like tracking and deciding the delivery time are an add-on and compensate for the extra payment made and hence there are lesser chances for the services to shut down.
(E) Since more and more people are getting access to the internet, they prefer e-mails more than other communicating forms.
a) Only E
b) Only D
c) Only B
d) Only B and E
e) Only A and E
(6 – 10) Refer the pie-chart and table and answer the following:
6. What is the difference between total number of male teachers in schools R, T and V together and total number of female teachers in the same schools together?
7. What is the central angle corresponding to the number of teachers (male and female) in school T?
8. What is the respective ratio between total number of female teachers in schools P and Q together and number of teachers (male and female) in school U?
a) 40 : 41
b) 41 : 42
c) 44 : 45
d) 43 : 42
e) 43 : 45
9. What is the average number of teachers (male& female) in schools P, Q, S and U together?
10. Number of teachers (male and female) in school S is approximately what percent less than the total number of female teachers in schools R and V together?
Reasoning– 1). a) 2). a) 3). c) 4). b) 5). a)
Aptitude– 1). b) 2). c) 3). b) 4). c) 5). b)
~SHARE YOUR SOLUTIONS~