“DAILY HANDOUTS”- Morning Session:
Dear Aspirants, “Practice makes a man perfect” is a most popular proverb. Practice means constant use of one’s intellectual and aesthetic powers. Perfect means ‘ideal’, complete and excellent’. Proper planning and practice promote perfect performance. Constant practice also sharpens talents.
To give more practice to you, to make your practice hours more, to make us a part of your success, our team planned a new session of “Daily Handouts”.
In this particular session we will give you questions with options and without explanations. You have to solve by your own and if there is any doubt arises while solving or unable to solve the questions or facing any sort of problems means you can comment below IBPS GUIDE Team will help you out to solve the problem.
Thank you. Hope it will help you more in your success and one more thing you can comment the answers to help others also.
Directions (1 – 5) Study the following arrangement carefully and answer the questions given below
T H A J K R B T A E M D G S O J K U M B D L U H Y A C M
1. How many such vowels are there in the above arrangement which are immediately precede as well as immediately followed by a consonant?
e) More than four
2. If all the vowels are deleted from the above arrangement, which of the following will be thirteenth from the right end?
e) None of these
3. How many letters are there between the letter that is twentieth from the left end and the letter that is sixteenth from the right end, in the English alphabetical series?
e) None of these
4. Which of the following is fifth to the right of the seventeenth from the left end of the above arrangement?
e) None of these
5. If all the vowels are changed to the next letter of the English alphabetical series, how many B’s will be there in the above arrangement?
1. A started a business with an investment of Rs. 5600. After 6 months from the start of the business. B joined with Rs. 4200 and C joined with Rs. 3500. At the end of 10th month from start of the business, if A invested Rs. 400 more. B withdrew Rs. 200 and C withdrew Rs. 500. what is the respective ratio in which the profit should be distributed among A. B and C at the end of two years ?
a) 25 : 12 : 11
b) 26 : 13 : 10
c) 25 : 11 : 7
d) 26 : 15 : 10
e) 25 : 13 : 10
2. A boat travels from A to B upstream and then from B to C downstream taking the same time. The respective ratio between the distance from A to B and the distance from B to C is 7 : 9. If the boat takes 2 hours 30 minutes to travel a distance of 45 km downstream, what is the speed of the stream ? (in km/h)
3. Jar A and Jar B both contain mixture of milk and water. Jar A has 80 litres of mixture, out of which 15% is water. The mixture in Jar B has 20% water. The mixture from both the jars is poured in Jar C so that the resultant respective ratio between milk and water in Jar C is 29 : 6. What is the quantity of milk in Jar C? (in litres)
4. The interest received on Rs. 4500 when invested for 4 years in Scheme A is equal to the interest received on Rs 6000 when invested in scheme B for 2 years. Scheme A offers simple interest at ‘X’ (p.c.p.a.) and Scheme B offers compound interest (compounded annually) at 10% pa. What will be the amount received on Rs 5000 when invested for 6 years in scheme C offering simple interest at ‘X+5’ (p.c.p.a.) ?
a) Rs. 7800
b) Rs. 7400
c) Rs. 8200
d) Rs. 6400
e) Rs. 8600
5. In a class, there were 12 girls and the numerical value of the average weight of the girls was equal to the number of boys in the class. The total weight of the boys is more than that of the girls by 180 kgs. If the average weight of the whole class (boys and girls) is 20 5∕8 kg. how many boys were there in the class?
~SHARE YOUR SOLUTIONS~