Dear Aspirants, IBPS RRB PO/Clerk is one of the most important exam in the competitive examination. IBPS RRB PO/Clerk mains exam consists of three sections i.e. Reasoning ability and Numerical Ability, General knowledge & Current affairs & Financial Market Awareness. IBPS RRB PO/Clerk General Awareness & Financial Market Awareness section comprises of 50 questions. IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Financial Awareness Questions 2019 play an important role in boosting up the score in mains examination and also helps in the interview. Here we are providing a new series of IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Financial Awareness Questions 2019. Aspirants can make use of this IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Financial Awareness Questions 2019, to improve score in the General Awareness & Financial Market Awareness section.
1) What is the duration (years) after which a savings account will be treated as inoperative/dormant if there are no transactions in the account?
2) The European Central Bank has launched a new system aimed at letting banks settle payments instantly across Europe. What is the name of that system?
3) The web platform PAiSA has been designed and developed by which of the following banks?
a) Allahabad Bank
b) UCO Bank
4) The term CBS network is often associated with Banking Operations. What does the letter ‘C’ stand for in ‘CBS’?
5) ‘Cheque’ and Demand Draft’ come under the purview of which of the following Acts ?
a) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
b) The Banking Companies Act–1949
c) Chit Fund Act–1982
d) Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881
e) Other than the given options
6) Which state government has been given the green nod for its Rs 13,384.80 crore Sita Rama Lift Irrigation Project?
a) Andhra Pradesh
e) None of these
7) The government has recently allocated an additional Rs. ________ at RE stage to MGNREGA.
a) 2467 crore
b) 3826 crore
c) 4618 crore
d) 6084 crore
e) None of these
8) ICICI Bank and Small Business FinCredit have collaborated to provide loan facility of up to ________ to MSMEs
a) Rs 5 lakh
b) Rs 1 crore
c) Rs 50 lakh
d) Rs 5 crore
e) Rs 2 crore
9) Which bank has distributed subsidy of more than Rs.1100 crores to more than 51,000 customers under the Government’s flagship scheme PMAY (Prime Minister Housing Scheme)?
a) ICICI Bank
b) HDFC Bank
c) Punjab National Bank
d) State Bank of India
e) Bank of India
10) The Reserve Bank of India has initiated steps to set up wide-based digital Public Credit Registry (PCR) to capture loan information of individuals and corporate borrowers. In this regard, RBI has invited expression of interest from companies having turnover more than ____ in the last three years.
a) Rs. 100 Crore
b) Rs. 200 Crore
c) Rs. 300 Crore
d) Rs. 500 Crore
e) Rs. 50 Crore
1) Answer: b)
If a savings or current account has not had any transactions/activity for over one year, the account is rendered inactive by the bank. Once this inactivity exceeds two years, banks declare such an account as dormant or inoperative.
2) Answer: b)
The European Central Bank launched a new system aimed at letting banks settle payments instantly across Europe, helping them to compete with PayPal and other global tech giants. The ECB’s TARGET Instant Payment Settlement (TIPS) system will let people and companies in Europe transfer euros to each other within seconds.
3) Answer: a)
The PAiSA – Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access web platform has been designed and developed by Allahabad Bank which is the Nodal bank.
4) Answer: d)
CBS stands for Core Banking Solution.
5) Answer: d)
Cheque and Demand Draft comes under Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881. A Negotiable Instrument means a promissory note, bill of exchange, demand draft or cheque payable either to order or to bearer.
6) Answer: b)
Telangana government has been given the green nod for its Rs 13,384.80 crore Sita Rama Lift Irrigation Project that aims to divert Godavari river water to irrigate 2.72 lakh hectare in three districts, a senior central government official said. The project, which is expected to be completed in three years, would lead to submergence of about 1,930 hectare area and 157 villages consisting of 9,696 families are likely to be affected, the official added.
7) Answer: d)
The Government of India has allocated an additional Rs. 6,084 crore at RE stage to MGNREGA. This brings the total allocation to the scheme to Rs. 61,084 crore in 2018-19, making it the highest ever allocation. Governance reforms and thrust on sustainable livelihoods through durable assets has ensured better lives for the poor through wages, incomes and durable assets. MGNREGA is a flagship programme of the Ministry which addresses poverty in a holistic manner by overcoming social inequalities and creating a base for sustainable & long term development.
8) Answer: b)
ICICI Bank and Small Business FinCredit will jointly provide loans worth up to Rs 1 crore to the small and medium enterprises.It is the first-of-its-kind programme by a bank and an NBFC with the loans of up to Rs 1 crore is for tenure of 15 years per customer.
9) Answer: b)
HDFC Ltd has distributed subsidy of more than Rs.1100 crores to more than 51,000 customers under the Government’s flagship scheme PMAY (Prime Minister Housing Scheme). HDFC has provided loans of over ₹9,800 crore under PMAY-CLSS(Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme) to customers belonging to EWS (Economically Weaker Section), LIG (Low Income Group) and Middle Income Group (MIG) category.
10) Answer: a)
RBI has invited expression of interest (EOI) for developing PSC from companies with turnover of over Rs 100 crore in last three years. Setting up of PCR assumes significance amidst rising bad loans in financial system. The non-performing assets (NPAs) in Indian banking system is too much.