Dear Aspirants, IBPS RRB PO/Clerk is one of the most important exam in the competitive examination. IBPS RRB PO/Clerk mains exam consists of three sections i.e. Reasoning ability and Numerical Ability, General knowledge & Current affairs & Financial Market Awareness. IBPS RRB PO/Clerk General Awareness & Financial Market Awareness section comprises of 50 questions. IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Financial Awareness Questions 2019 play an important role in boosting up the score in mains examination and also helps in the interview. Here we are providing a new series of IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Financial Awareness Questions 2019. Aspirants can make use of this IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Financial Awareness Questions 2019, to improve score in the General Awareness & Financial Market Awareness section.
1) ________ is a class of derivatives whose value is at least partly derived from one or more underlying securities.
a) Options derivatives
b) Market derivatives
c) Equity derivatives
d) Forward derivatives
e) Swap derivatives
2) ________ under PFRDA is mandatory for all the central government employees.
e) Either (a) or (d)
3) In May, 2019 ___________ launched $5 Billion Healthy Oceans Action Plan.
4) RBI expert committee recommended a government-sponsored Fund of Funds (FoF) of Rs ___________crore to support VC or PE firms investing in the MSME sector.
5) The Reserve Bank of India has decided to make Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) code mandatory for all market participants. How many digits are there in LEI code?
a) 16 digits
b) 15 digits
c) 11 digits
d) 20 digits
e) 10 digits
6) ADB will invest $ ______ million in solar project developer Avaada.
7) A mobile phone was insured on the basis of market value at the time of purchase at Rs. 20,000. The useful life of the phone as decided by the company was 5 years. After 2 years of usage the phone got damaged. How much actual amount (in Rs.) the policy will pay out at the time of damage?
a) Rs. 10000
b) Rs. 15000
c) Rs. 12000
d) Rs. 8000
e) Rs. 17000
8) World Bank has partnered with ______ to enable Secondary Bond Trading recorded on Blockchain for Bond-i.
a) Royal Bank of Scotland
b) Commonwealth Bank
c) The Bank of America
d) HSBC Bank
e) Barclays Bank
9) In March, 2019 Which PSU bank issued Basel III-compliant bonds worth Rs. 1,251 crore?
a) Vijaya Bank
b) ICICI Bank
c) Corporation Bank
d) Allahabad Bank
e) State Bank of India
10) How many partial withdrawals are permitted under the National Pension Scheme during the tenure of subscription?
11) ______ is the option to move policyholder’s investment from one fund to another within the ULIP plan.
1) Answer: c)
Equity derivative is a class of derivatives whose value is at least partly derived from one or more underlying equity securities. The derivative itself is a contract between two or more parties based upon the asset or assets. Its price is determined by fluctuations in the underlying asset. The most common underlying assets include stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies, interest rates and market indexes.
2) Answer: b)
National Pension Scheme (NPS) is mandatory for all the central government employees under the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
Hemant G Contractor is the current chairman of PFRDA.
3) Answer: b)
At the 52nd Annual Meeting of ADB’s Board of Governors in Fiji. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) launched the Action Plan for Healthy Oceans and Sustainable Blue Economies for the Asia and Pacific region.
4) Answer: c)
RBI expert committee recommended a government-sponsored Fund of Funds (FoF) of Rs 10,000 crore to support VC or PE firms investing in the MSME sector. It also recommended setting up a distressed asset fund of Rs 5,000 crore to assist units in clusters.
5) Answer: d)
The Legal Entity Identifier is a 20-character unique identity code assigned to entities who are parties to a financial transaction.
The Reserve Bank of India has decided to make Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) code mandatory for all market participants regulated by the central bank.
The LEI code has been conceived of as a key measure to improve the quality and accuracy of financial data systems for better risk management post the global financial crisis.
6) Answer: c)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) has inked an agreement to invest $ 50 million in solar energy project Indian developer Avaada Energy. The investment will come equally from ADB’s Ordinary Capital Resources & Leading Asia’s Private Infrastructure Fund (LEAP).
7) Answer: c)
In order to calculate the actual value, we need to take depreciation into account.
Actual Value = Original Value x Depreciation
The useful life of the phone was 5 years and was used for 2 years, so there were 3 years of remaining life.
Hence depreciation = Remaining life / Useful life = 3/5 = 60%
Hence actual value = 20000 x 60% = Rs. 12000
So, the insurer will pay Rs. 12000 to the insured person.
8) Answer: b)
IBRD (World Bank) and Commonwealth Bank have enabled secondary market trading recorded on blockchain for bond-i (blockchain operated new debt instrument), making it the first bond whose issuance and trading are recorded using distributed ledger tech.
9) Answer: e)
State Bank of India recently announced that it has raised about â¹1,251 crore by issuing Basel III-compliant bonds with a face value of â¹10 lakh each and a coupon rate of 9.45% per annum payable annually with call option after 5 years
10) Answer: d)
Three withdrawals are permitted under the National Pension Scheme during the tenure of the subscription.
Pension Fund Regulatory Development Authority (PFRDA) has permitted partial withdrawal under the National Pension System (NPS) for the purchase of residential premises, treatment of critical illness, higher education and marriage of children. NPS subscribers who have contributed for three years can withdraw up to 25% of the corpus for meeting specified expenses.
11) Answer: c)
Switching refers to the process of transferring investments. Within the investment market, an investor may wish to switch from one fund to another. Investors may also choose to transfer brokerage assets or liquidate a position in exchange for other securities.