Important Milestones in the Life Insurance Business in India- Insurance Awareness Materials:
The List of Important Milestones in the Life Insurance Business in India were given here below, which is important Insurance Awareness Materials, candidates those who are preparing for Insurance Exams can use this materials.
Some of the important milestones in the life insurance business in India are:
· 1818: Oriental Life Insurance Company, the first life insurance company on Indian soil started functioning.
· 1870: Bombay Mutual Assurance Society, the first Indian life insurance company started its business.
· 1912: The Indian Life Assurance Companies Act enacted as the First statue to regulate the life insurance business.
· 1928: The Indian Insurance Companies Act enacted to enable the government to collect statistical information about both life and non-life insurance business.
· 1938: Earlier legislation consolidated and amended to by the Insurance Act with the Objective of protecting the interests of the insuring public.
· 1956: 245 Indian and foreign insurers and provident societies are taken over by the central government and nationalised.LIC formed by an Act of Parliament, viz.LIC Act, 1956, with a capital contribution of Rs.5 crore from the Government of India.
The General insurance business in India, on the other hand, can trace its roots to the Triton Insurance Company Ltd., the first general insurance company established in the year 1850 in Calcutta by the British.
People Also Visited:
List of Insurance Companies, Present Heads and its Taglines
/ 5. Reviews