Important Points about Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA):
Important points that we have to know about Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) was given here, which will be more helpful for the candidates those who are preparing for the upcoming exams.
1).Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) is meant to promote afforestation and regeneration activities as a way of compensating for forest land diverted to non-forest users.
2).23% of India’s geographical area comes under the forest area comprising of a number of diverse forest types and reserved areas designated as National Parks and Sanctuaries.
3).In India the livelihood of people living in and adjoining the forests in about 1,73,000 villages are dependent on forest areas.
4).The developmental and industrial projects such as erection of dams, mining and construction industries and roads require the diversion of forest land.
5).Such projects belonging to either government or private sector must apply for forest clearance from Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF).
6).The proposal will be submitted through the concerned forest department of the state government.
7).The compensation for the lost forest land will be decided by the Ministry and the regulators if clearance is given to the particular project.
8).CAMPA – National Advisory Council under the chairmanship of Union Minister of Environment& Forest for monitoring, providing technical assistance and evaluation of compensatory afforestation activities.
9).Objectives of National CAMPA Advisory Council.
· Lays down broad guidelines for State CAMPA
· Facilitate scientific, technological and other assistance that may be required by state CAMPA
· Make recommendations to State CAMPA based on a review of their plans and programmes
· Provide a mechanism to state CAMPA to resolve issues of an inter-state or Central-State character
10).The State CAMPA would receive funds collected from the user agencies towards
· Compensatory afforestation
· Additional compensatory afforestation
· Penal compensatory afforestation
· Net Present Value(NPV)
11).State CAMPA will administer the amount received from the Adhoc CAMPA and utilize the funds collected for undertaking
· Compensatory afforestation
· Assisted natural regeneration
· Conservation and protection of forests
· Infrastructure development
· Wildlife conservation and protection
12).State CAMPA would provide an integrated framework for utilizing multiple sources of funding and activities relating to protection and management of forests and wildlife.
More GK Study Materials- Check Here:
- Important Points to Know about Bandhan Bank
- Important Points to Know about RRBs and the issue of Recapitalization Establishment
- Important Points to Know about RuPay CArd Systems
- Important Points to Know about Deepak Mohanty Committee
- Important Points to Know about Financial Inclusion
- Important Points to Know about National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
- Important Points to Know about Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI)
- Important Points to Know about Pratyaksha Hastaantarit Laabh (PAHAL)
- Important Points to Know about Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Important Points to Know about Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
- Important Points to Know about Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)
/ 5. Reviews