RBI Updates 2015-Data on International Banking Statistics:
Important points in International Banking Statistics were given here below, under the RBI Updates 2015. Candidates those who are preparing for upcoming RBI Assistant Exam 2015 can use this material.
RBI releases Data on International Banking Statistics of India: March 2014 December 2014:
The Reserve Bank of India, on 12 June 2015, released the data related to International Banking Statistics of India for the quarters ending March, June, September and December 2014. The data are presented in terms of INR and USD.
Highlights of Data on International Banking Statistics
- The international liabilities (based on LBS) of banks in India recorded a gradual deceleration in annual growth are (3.5 percent) in December 2013.
- Upsurge in growth rate of international/cross border assets of the Indian banking system since September 2013 moderated to 4.3 percent in December 2014.
- Share of ‘Foreign Currency Borrowings’ in total international liabilities of Indian banks declined during 2014.
- Moderate increase in ‘Foreign Currency Loans to Residents’ and decline in NOSTRO balances was observed during the year.
- The share of the non-bank sector in the international liabilities as well as international assets increased during 2014.
- The international claims of Indian banks, on immediate risk basis, based on Consolidated Banking Statistics (CBS), on all other countries grew at a slower pace in 2014.
RBI to soon issue Rs. 10 Banknotes:
The Reserve Bank of India, on 11 June 2015, announced to shortly issue Rs. 10 denomination Banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi Series-2005, incorporating “Rs.” Symbol on the obverse and the reverse, with inset letter ‘U’ in both the numbering panels, bearing the signature of Dr. Raghuram G. Rajan, Governor, Reserve Bank of India and the year of printing ‘2015’ printed on the reverse of the Banknote.
RBI launches the June 2015 Round of Consumer Confidence Survey:
The Reserve Bank of India, on 8 June 2015, launched the June 2015 round of the Consumer Confidence Survey (CCS). The survey aims at capturing subjective assessments of around 5,400 respondents across 6 metropolitan cities viz., Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi. RBI has been conducting (CCS on a quarterly basis since June 2010).
More Study Materials for RBI Assistant Exam 2015:
- RBI Updates 2015- Public Debt Management Agency (PDMA)
- RBI Updates 2015- Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPI)
- RBI Updates 2015- Highlights of RBI Policy
- RBI Updates 2015- Features of Atal Pension Yojana
- RBI Updates 2015- Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR)
- Latest RBI Updates in June 2015- Download in PDF
- List of GK Questions Asked in Previous RBI Assistant Exam- Download in PDF
- RBI Assistant 2015- Exam Strategy and Study Plan
- RBI Assistant Exam 2015- GK Topics and Study Materials
- RBI Assistant Previous Year Questions Papers in PDF
- RBI Assistant Previous Year Cut Off (Category Wise)