RBI Updates 2015- Quarterly Basic Statistical Return (BSR):
Important points about the Quarterly Basic Statistical Return (BSR) June 2015, which was released by the RBI were given here below, under the RBI Updates 2015. Candidates those who are preparing for upcoming IBPS RRB/PO Exams can use this material.
RBI releases ‘Quarterly BSR-1 outstanding Credit of Scheduled Commercial Banks, December 2014:
The Reserve Bank of India on 29 June 2015 released ‘Quarterly BSR-1: Outstanding Credit ofScheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs),December 2014’. This was the veryfirst release of quarterly data onBasic Statistical Return (BSR)-1. Under BSR-1, information on occupation/ activity and organizational sector of the borrower, type of account, interest rate, credit limit and amount outstanding are collected for each loan account.
Highlights of Quarterly BSR-1
· Gross outstanding credit of scheduled commercial banks (excluding regional rural banks) as at end December 2014 amounted to Rs. 63,519 billion registering an increase of 3.7 percent during the first nine months of the financial year 2014-15.
· The number of borrowal accounts also increased by 3.7 percent to 122 million in December 2014 from 117 million in March 2014.
· Rural and Semi-urban centres registered higher growth in credit during the nine months from March 2014 to December 2014 at 9.8 percent and 8.5 percent, respectively as compared with lower growth observed in urban and Metropolitan centres at 4.3 percent and 2.3 percent, respectively.
· Small borrowal accounts each with credit limit up to Rs. 0.2 million, constituting three-fourth of total number of borrowal accounts, had a share of 7.3 percent in total outstanding credit in December 2014.
· The share of credit to ‘Agriculture’ sector in the gross bank credit decreased to 11.4 percent in December 2014 from 12.0 percent in March 2014, whereas for ‘Industry’ sector the share increased marginally to 43.0 percent from 42.7 percent.
· The share of ‘Personal Housing Loans’ increased to 9.4 percent in December 2014 from 8.5 percent in March 2014.
· The weighted average interest rate of all loans and advances declined to 11.85 percent as at the end of December 2014 from 12.04 percent as at end March 2014.
Important RBI Updates in 2015- Check Below:
- Financial Stability Report 2015- RBI Updates 2015
- Features of Atal Pension Yojana- RBI Updates 2015
- Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR)- RBI Updates 2015
- Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPI)- RBI Updates 2015
- Public Debt Management Agency (PDMA)- RBI Updates 2015
- Data on International Banking Statistics- RBI Updates 2015
- RBI Guidelines on IFSC Banking Units (IBUs)
- Highlights of RBI Policy- RBI Updates 2015
- Latest RBI Updates in June 2015- Download in PDF
/ 5. Reviews