Tips to find the MOST SIMILAR Word in English Questions Part-I:
Useful tips to find the MOST SIMILAR word in the English Questions were given here. Candidates those who are preparing for banking and all competitive exams can use this tips.
· In order to use a language accurately and effectively one should have a very good vocabulary.
· The more number of words you know the better will be your ability to communicate.
· The best way to improve your vocabulary is to practice extensive reading and listening.
· Consult a dictionary and note the pronunciation, meaning and usage of the word or phrase help us to increase the language skill.
· The only way you can add new words to your active vocabulary is by using them in your own sentences while speaking and writing.
· Whenever you look up a new word in the dictionary, uses that word along with the sentence while you speaking and writing.
· By using that new vocabulary, while speaking helps you to remember that word, even though you learn plenty of words.
· When you consult a dictionary to check a word, you should go beyond the pronunciation and meaning of the word.
· And another easy way is that, for example, when you learn that anophthalmologistis aneye specialist,you should make an effort to find the words for a heart specialist, a bone specialist, a skin specialist, a child specialist, a cancer specialist and so on.
Examples with Explanation:
Find the MOST SIMILAR Word:
Meaning: become less strong; decrease
Example Sentence: The people in the coastal areas prayed for the cyclone toabate.
Meaning: state publicly that you will give up a particular belief or way of life
Example Sentence: The President called upon the two groups toabjure violence.
Meaning: the things you do to make yourself clean, such as washing yourself, brushing your teeth.
Example Sentence: After the morningablutions, he went for a walk.
Meaning: willingly agree to do what someone wants
Example Sentence: Many people thought the police wereacquiescing in the crime.
Meaning: a remark or action that offends or insults someone
Example Sentence: The boss considered the watchman’s behavior anaffront to him.
Meaning: loyalty to a leader, country, belief, etc.
Example Sentence: Every Indian pledgesallegianceto the tricolor.
Meaning: the way a place makes you feel
Example Sentence: The food is good, but theambienceis poor.
Meaning: not sure whether you want or like something
Example Sentence: My brother’s thoughts about going abroad wereambivalent.
Meaning: strong dislike or hatred
Example Sentence: There was no personalanimositybetween the rival leaders.
Meaning:strong dislike or opposition towards someone of something
Example Sentence: I have a strongantipathytowards communalism.
/ 5. Reviews