Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 1st Week of March 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Important Weekly Current Affairs 1st Week of March 2018
1) The Lake in Odisha which has emerged as the single largest habitat of Irrawaddy dolphins in the world with the spotting of 155 such animals, according to the Chilika Development Authority (CDA) is – Chilika Lake.
|Governor||S C Jamir|
2) The bank which ties up with Celebrus Capital Ltd to offer CSB’s customers online trading and Demat services is – Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd.
3) The Reserve Bank of India raised the exposure limit under Exchange Traded Currency Derivatives (ETCD) trading for residents and foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) to – USD 100 million
4) The growth rate in Foreign Exchange Earnings in rupee terms in January 2018 over January 2017 was – 9.9%.
5) The Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) which was successfully flight-tested in desert conditions against two tank targets at different ranges and timings is – Nag.
6) Which system will be used in the Indian Premier League for the first time in the tournament’s 2018 – The Decision Review System (DRS).
7) Eminent Odia writer Kanakalata Mohanty passed away.
8) Cabinet doubles guarantee to banks for market intervention in purchase of pulses, oilseeds- to Rs 19,000 crore from Rs 9,500 crore.
9) The Union Cabinet has approved the Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2018 for – Human Trafficking.
10) India’s 1st Mega Food Park Satara Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. Inaugurated in – Maharashtra.
11) India’s first Aviation Multi Skill Development Centre (MSDC) was launched at – Chandigarh Airport
12) Moody’s Investors Service estimated that India’s GDP in the calendar year 2018 – 7.6%.
13) The bank which has announced its partnership with Ripple to facilitate payments into and out of India – IndusInd Bank.
14) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has raised exposure limit under exchange traded currency derivatives (ETCD) trading for residents and foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) to – $100 million.
15) The amount which approved by China-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) to India for infrastructure-related projects in 2018 – $1.5 billion.
16) Union Textile Minister Smriti Irani attended the 27th Technological Conference of Indian Jute Industries’ Research Association (IJIRA) on Shaping the Future of Jute in – Kolkata.
17) Narendra Modi has been apprised of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on co-operation in renewable energy between India and Fiji.
18) Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the visiting King of Jordan Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein held bilateral talks and signed 3 MOU’s in the field of – Cooperation in the Field of Manpower, Health Sector and Mutual Administrative Assistance in Customs Matters.
19) The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Vietnam on – Economic and Trade Cooperation.
20) National Sizing Survey to develop a comprehensive size chart for ready-to-wear industry based on the body measurements of the Indian population – The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi.
21) The eighth edition Lamitye 2018, bilateral military exercise between Indian Army and Seychelles People’s Defence Force was held at – Mahe Island in Seychelles archipelago.
22) Women and Child Development Ministry has approved projects worth over Rs 2,900 crore under the Nirbhaya fund for eight major cities to – make them safer for women.
23) Guyana, a South American country, issued four postage stamps with the theme of Phagwah (Holi). Interestingly, the stamps were printed in the denominations of – 6, 25, 30 and 40 cents.
|Prime Minister||Moses Nagamootoo|
24) The world’s largest solar park, Shakti Sthala, was inaugurated in Karnataka’s Pavagada by Karnataka.
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Vala|
25) The state government which has announced collaboration with online encyclopedia Wikipedia to promote Marathi globally and increase its online usage – Maharashtra.
26) During bilateral talks between Jordan’s King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday, India and Jordan signed 12 agreements at Hyderabad House in – New Delhi.
27) Kolkata-born Para-swimmer and Commonwealth Games bronze medalist who has been suspended for three years for recording videos of female swimmer – Prasanta Karmakar.
28) Indian woman cricketer who take charge her first day as Deputy Superintendent of Police in Punjab- Harmanpreet Kaur
29) The SBI raised MCLR rate to 8.15% from 7.95%.
30) NHAI to deploy all women toll collecting staff on international Women’s Day.
31) The state which has launched formally launched the toll-free number 14417 through the 24-hour Education Guidance Centre set up at the Secretariat that would offer information relating to school education and offer guidance to students – Tamilnadu.
32) NFRA will act as an independent regulator for the auditing profession which was one of the key changes brought in by the – Companies Act 2013.
33) SanDisk has unveiled the world’s fastest MicroSD card called Extreme UHS-I MicroSDXC with – 400 GB of storage.
34) Senior diplomat Vinay Kumar has been appointed as India’s ambassador to strategically key Afghanistan.
35) Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Airports Authority of India (AAI) for installing energy-efficient LED lights at airports
36) Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr Subhash Bhamre inaugurated one-day Annual Army Seminar for 2017-18 on ‘Contribution of the Army towards Nation Building’ at Manekshaw Centre New Delhi.
37) The Western Naval Command of the Indian Navy concluded a large scale operational exercise in the – Arabian Sea.
38) The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the proposal of the Ministry of Finance to introduce the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, 2018 in Parliament.
39) The banking regulator has allowed a limit of Rs. 5,000 crore for FPIs to go long in – IRFs.
40) RBI has been decided to withdraw the incentives which were being given to the banks for installation of Cash Recyclers and ATMs dispensing only lower denomination notes as contained in the Master Direction DCM under – Under Currency Distribution & Exchange Scheme (CDES),
40) Former Indian pacer who has submitted his resignation from the post of chairman of the junior national selection committee – Venkatesh Prasad.
41) Navjot Kaur became the first Indian woman wrestler to win gold in the Senior Asian Championships after winning in – the 65 kg freestyle category.
42) Indian wrestler who won a silver medal at the ongoing Asian Wrestling Championships in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan – Vinesh Phogat
43) The Union Territory which joined hands with the UDAY scheme, which is meant for the revival of debt-stressed power distribution companies (discoms) in the country – Lakshadweep.
|Governor||Shri Farooq Khan|
44) MCLR rate of ICICI Bank raised to – 8.2 to 8.3%.
45) The PNB, which is at the centre of Nirav Modi fraud, also increased one-year MCLR to – 8.3% from 8.15%.
46) India, Bangladesh, Russia Sign Pact for Rooppur Atomic Plant in – Bangaladesh.
47) India, the US working together on – Regional, maritime security.
48) Who has as the new president of Armenia – Armen Sarkisian.
49) The mega annual cultural festival ‘India by the Nile’, organised to celebrate Indian culture and its diversity, will begin in Cairo, Egypt next week with the main focus on – classical culture this year.
50) The 27th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup Hockey tournament begins in the – Malaysian city of Ipoh.
51) Khagendra Jamataia, Tripura Fisheries and Cooperation minister died at a hospital in New Delhi.
51) Who has secured her fourth term as the Chancellor after the Social Democratic party voted in favor of a grand coalition with Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union – Angela Merkel
52) The state government has launched a programme Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas (Our Village, our development) to reach out to the people in rural areas and involve themselves in the developmental activities – Odisha.
53) India and Vietnam inked three agreements in the areas of – trade, agriculture and atomic energy.
54) Which film won the top prize of the Oscar – 2018 Best Picture – The Shape Of Water.
55) The world’s first hand-painted feature film which has been nominated in the ‘Animated Feature Film’ category at Oscars 2018 – ‘Loving Vincent’
56) Fiorentina captain and Italy international who passed away at the age of 31 during his sleep – Davide Astori.
57) The state government which has introduced uniform for college students in the state – Rajasthan.
58) Who has became the youngest cricketer as International caption at 19 years – Rashid Khan.
59) ISSF World Cup concluded at Guadalajara in – Mexico.
60) Shigmotsav 2018 Celebrated In – Goa.
61) National People’s Party (NPP) President Conrad Sangma will be the new chief minister of – Meghalaya.
62) Steering Committee has been constituted under Shri Subhash Chandra Garg for – development of Fintech.
63) Kirshna Kumari Kolhi from Pakistan’s Sindh province has become the first-ever Hindu Dalit woman Senator in – Pakistan.
64) Dr Jitendra Singh attended the social media launch of – “Namaste Shalom”.
65) Karnataka Chief Minister Sidharamaya unveiled a healthcare scheme named – ‘Arogya Karnataka’ (Healthy Karnataka).
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Vala.|
66) Literateur Prafulla Das passed away.
67) The team which wins Snooker Team World Cup 2018 – India.
68) Air Asia India going to begin overseas operations by – January 2019.
69) Odisha Launches ‘KHUSHI’ Scheme To Provide – Free Sanitary Pads.
70) National carrier which has operated a flight on the Kolkata-Dimapur-Kolkata sector with an all-women cockpit and cabin crew is – Air India.
71) German Chancellor who has rejected a plea demanding the country’s national anthem ‘Song of Germany’ to be made gender-neutral – Angela Merkel.
72) The world’s 3rd largest military which has reduced its troop size to 20 lakh by decommissioning 3 lakh troops. – China
73) Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced the state government will give Rs.12,000 on – the birth of a child in a poor family.
|Madhya Pradesh Capital||Bhopal|
|CM||Shivraj Singh Chouhan|
74) The government of India has signed a MoU with Israel to enhance cooperation on – ‘National Campaign for Water Conservation in India’.
75) A total amount of Rs. 5638.87 crore was sanctioned with the release of Rs. 2148.17 crore since 2014-15 till date under – the Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism.
76) Under the PRASHAD scheme, 23 projects have been sanctioned to 15 States for a total amount of – Rs.687.92 crore.
77) Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar has been named as the Commissioner of the T20 Mumbai League, which will take place at – Wankhede Stadium from March 11-21.
78) World rapid champion Vishwanathan Anand annexed the Tal Memorial rapid chess title in Moscow, Russia after an easy final round draw against – Boris Gelfand of Israel.
79) which country creating its own digital currency in a bid to raise money In doing so it becomes the first country in the world to recognize a Cryptocurrency as legal tender – The Marshall Islands
|Marshall Islands Capital||Majuro|
80) Sri Lanka imposed a 10-day nation-wide state of emergency due to clashes between the Buddhist and Muslim communities in the – Kandy district.
|Srilanka Capital||Colombo, Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte|
|Prime Minister||Ranil Wickremesinghe|
81) India’s first helicopter taxi service launched in – Bengaluru.
82) According to the Reserve Bank of India it will conduct additional variable rate repo operations for longer tenors up to 31 days every Tuesday in the month of March 2018 for – Rs 25,000 crore.
83) The Reserve Bank said it has imposed a penalty of Rs 3 crore on Axis Bank for – violation of NPA classification norms.
84) Reserve Bank imposed Rs 2 crore on Indian Overseas Bank for not complying with the KYC regulations.
85) Flipkart’s Singapore-based subsidiary FK Myntra Holdings has invested Rs.414 crore in – fashion marketplace Myntra Design
86) Rank of India in a global index for its military strength – Fourth.
87) Biplab Kumar Deb is the next CM of – Tripura.
88) Uthrakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated the week-long 29th annual, world-famous International Yoga Festival (IYF) in – Rishikesh’s Parmarth Niketan.
89) The Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting and Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated the FICCI Frames 2018, – in Mumbai.
90) Mahindra Singh Dhoni has become a brand ambassador of gaming platform – Dream11.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 28th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15 to 21st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|