What is Canara Bank PO Exam?
The Canara Bank PO Exam for this year has announced and the online applications are invited by Canara Bank from the eligible candidates who are with the great ambition to become a banker. Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2018 online registration has started and the last date to submit application form is 31st Jan 2018. Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to become a banker.
The selected candidates will undergo One year training course, Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance through Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd or NIITE Education International Pvt Ltd. On successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with “Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF)” from that institute and the candidates would be offered appointment in the Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
When will the Canara Bank PO Exam Starts?
Wondering about to know important Canara Bank PO exam dates for the year 2018? Here are the important dates for Canara Bank PO Exam 2018 & more:
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Start Date of On-line registration of application||09.01.2018|
|Last Date of registration of application||31.01.2018|
|Last date for printing application||15.02.2018|
|Online Fee Payment||09.01.2018 to 31.01.2018|
|Download Call Letter for Online Test||After 20.02.2018|
|Date of Online Test (Tentative)||04.03.2018|
|Canara Bank PO Official Notification||Canara Bank Recruitment|
Category-wise Vacancy List for Canara Bank Recruitment 2018 for PO Exam:
The total no. of 500 vacancies released for Canara Bank Recruitment 2018. For a detailed list of Canara Bank Recruitment Vacancies 2018, read the table below:
|No. of Vacancies|
Do I meet Canara Bank PO Eligibility Criteria?
There are 2 criteria on which the eligibility of a candidate to be decided for Canara Bank PO 2018 exam – Education and Age. You need to qualify those eligibility criteria to apply for this Canara Bank PO exam.
1. Age Limit (as on 1st January 2018)
- Minimum Age: 20 years
- Maximum Age: 30 Years
- Applicable as per the government rules
2. Educational Qualification (as on 1st October 2017)
- A Degree (Graduation) with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWBD) or equivalent grade, in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- You must also have operating & working knowledge in computer systems which you should either possess or acquire within 6 months from the date of joining the Bank.
What is the Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure?
Canara Bank selection process for the PO 2018 exam consists of 2 stages, which are:
- Online Test
- Interview and/or Group Discussion
Online Objective Test
The exam pattern for Online Objective Test is based on the following pattern:
|Name of the Subject||Questions||Marks||Time allotted|
- For the interview and Group discussion is conducted for 50 marks.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in Objective Test.
- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each subject and also a minimum total score as decided by Bank to be considered for Group Discussion and Interview.
Minimum Qualifying Percentage for Descriptive Test
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
Bank will decide the minimum cut-off marks
Note: Along with the call letter, an information handout and a sample test are uploaded on the official website of Canara Bank as the exam date comes close. You can practice here to familiarize yourself with the nature of test & questions.
Interview and/or Group Discussion
- Candidates qualifying written exam will be shortlisted for Interview and/or Group Discussion.
- The final merit list is prepared on the basis of your performance in Online Test and Interview and/or Group Discussion.
<H2>How can I Prepare for Canara Bank PO exam?
Now that you know the new Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern, you should start your preparation accordingly. The following Canara Bank exam Preparation Tips for PO will help you kick-start your preparation.
Study Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2018
- Before preparations be clear with the latest Canara Bank PO Syllabus & exam pattern.
- Start preparing with the previous year Canara Bank question papers.
- Prepare as per the current requirement.
Analyze your Current Preparation Level & Follow a Study Plan Accordingly
- Once you are clear with the exam pattern and the cut-off the candidates can decide the effort to be inputted, jot down in which topics you are good and bad.
- Make a study plan from the list and follow it.
- Take up tests regularly to evaluate your capacity.
<H2>How to apply for Canara Bank Recruitment 2018?
You can apply for Canara Bank PO Exam through Online mode only. To apply for Canara Bank PO exam, follow these instructions:
- Candidates can register through Canara Bank’s official website.
- Provide the Basic Info, Scan and upload the photograph and signature and educational details.
- Pay Application fee online using a Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/Cash Cards/Wallets or other online payment methods.
- Submit the Application Form.
- Take out the Print Out of the Application Form for future reference.
By following these above steps, you will submit your Canara Bank online form successfully.
Canara Bank PO Exam Admit Card, Exam and Result
- Canara Bank exam is conducted in Online Mode.
- Candidates have to re-login using the UserID and password created for downloading the call letter for the examination.
- After the commencement of examination the result will be published within a month.
ABOUT CANARA BANK PO
The Probationary Officer jobs are considered as white color jobs. Every year millions of candidates contest in the Canara Bank PO Exam for choosing high career growth. The PO post is the entry level position in the bank, which a banker starts work after posting. The PO holds the designation has Assistant Manager. The probation period will be for two years for the Canara Bank PO. At this period the candidates need to handle maximum all the posts from clerical to the Assistant Manager himself.
The individuals should possess the following personality to become a Canara Bank PO the first main is organized personality, he/she possess excellent communication skill, Excellency in both independent and team works and Mathematical and analytical ability. The educational qualification required for the post is graduation in any discipline from the recognized university. The candidates need not possess any additional certifications for the post of Canara Bank PO. The candidates in Canara Bank PO Recruitment will screen the candidates by the written examination and group discussion or personal interview. The selected candidates will receive monthly emoluments depending on their region.
Job Profile of the Canara Bank PO
- Servicing the Customers
- Bringing new Business
- Handling Cash
- Payment clearances
- Report Verification and
- Having official communications
/ 5. Reviews