IBPS SO Syllabus 2021: IBPS SO Syllabus are given here for your reference!!! All the details are updated as per the latest updated pattern. Aspirants who are having the passion to get into the Specialist Officer vacancy shall refer to this article.
IBPS SO Notification is expected soon for the year 2021 and the Online Examination for IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment is about to conduct the exam in the month of December. We know that aspirants are started preparing for IBPS SO and started their preparation to tackle all the questions asking in IBPS SO 2021 examination. About 1163+ Vacancies are announced in 2020. For this year 2021, we are expecting more number of vacancies. So, here we are giving information about the IBPS SO Syllabus and a Detailed analysis of the Exam Pattern. Furthermore, Candidates those how are preparing for IBPS SO 2021. Aspirants who are appearing for the IBPS SO Exam can utilize this IBPS SO 2021 Syllabus. Also, We are also given Important Study materials based on IBPS SO Syllabus and important topics for your reference.
IBPS SO 2021 | IBPS SO Syllabus
|Name of the Exam||Name of the Post||IBPS SO Syllabus – Click Below|
|I.T Officer (Scale-I)||IBPS IT Officer Syllabus|
|Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)||IBPS SO|
|RajBhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)||IBPS Specialist Officer|
|Law Officer (Scale-I)||IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus|
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)||Specialist Officer|
|Marketing Officer (Scale-I)||IBPS SO|
IBPS SO 2021 | Post Roles and Responsibilities
|1||I.T Officer (Scale-I)||To handle the software, server, database related issues in the bank|
|2||Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)||To verify and check the agricultural fields of a person, before providing loans on agricultural fields whether he deserves or not.|
|3||RajBhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)||To translate the official documents into Rajbhasha|
|4||Law Officer (Scale-I)||To handle the legal issues in the bank|
|5||HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)||To play a vital role in staff recruitment, training, development, and welfare aspects.|
|6||Marketing Officer (Scale-I)||To coordinate all business development activities such as marketing, advertising, social media, networking activities.|
IBPS SO 2021 Selection Process:
The exam will be conducted in three phases:
- Mains and
- Interview Process.
- A candidate must appear for the Prelims first and the selected candidates can appear for the Mains Exam.
- Now, The sectional timing is introduced for the preliminary exam.
Also, the Score of the Preliminary Exam will not be taken into consideration for the final allotment. The final selection will be based on the Mains Exam and Interview Process.
- Only the Professional Knowledge question will be asked in the mains examination.
IBPS SO Exam Pattern:
Know the latest updated Exam Pattern for the IBPS SO Examination for both prelims and mains examination and prepare accordingly to embrace success.
IBPS SO 2021 Prelims
- Questions Type: Objective Test
- No. of Questions: 150
- Total Time Allocated: 2 Hours
- Negative Mark: ¼ of the Mark will be reduced
IBPS SO Prelims Exam Pattern 2021:
IBPS SO 2021 Prelims Pattern For the Post of Law officer and Raj Bhasha Adhikari
||Section||No. Of Questions||Total Marks||
|2.||English Language||50||25||40 Minutes|
|3.||General Awareness with Special Reference to banking||50||50||40 Minutes|
IBPS SO 2021 Prelims Pattern for other Specialist Officers (Agriculture Field Officer, Marketing Officer (Scale I), HR/Personnel Officer, IT Officer Scale I)
||Section||No Of Questions||Total Marks||
|2.||English Language||50||25||40 Minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 Minutes|
IBPS SO Mains Exam Pattern 2021
IBPS SO 2021 mains pattern for the Post of Law Officer, IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer, and Marketing Officer
||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Professional Knowledge||60||60||English & Hindi||
IBPS SO 2021 mains pattern for the Post of Rajbhasha Adhikari
Name of the Test
|No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||
|English & Hindi||30 Minutes|
|Professional Knowledge(Descriptive)||2||English & Hindi||30 Minutes|
IBPS SO 2021 Interview Process
Candidates who qualified the Mains Exam will be finally called for the Interview Process by IBPS. It is really important for candidates to Prepare well in the Interview Process as the final selection of a candidate is based on how he/she performed in this final round of the IBPS SO Recruitment Process.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2021:
Here’s the updated IBPS SO Syllabus for both Prelims and Mains exams which is the key factor to achieve in your exams.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2021: Prelims
We can expect questions from the following topics:
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relations
- Alphanumeric Series
- Direction sense
- Statement & Argument
- Decision Making
- Seating Arrangement
This section majorly contains grammar questions. We can expect questions from the following topics:
- Reading Comprehension
- Idioms and Phrases
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze test
- Para jumbles
Quantitative Aptitude Section
This section majorly consists of two-part i.e. data interpretation and arithmetic.
Arithmetic Section contains
- Number System(Number Series and Simplification)
- Ratio & proportion
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- Profit & Loss
- Simple & Compound Interest
Data Interpretation section contains
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
- Line graph
General Awareness (For the post of Law officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari):
This section contains current affairs pertaining to banking awareness.
IBPS SO Mains Syllabus 2021:
This section has questions based on the post you are applying for. This section will have questions based on your graduation syllabus.
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus – IBPS SO IT Officer (Scale I) Syllabus
- Database Management System
- Data Communication and Networking
- Operating System
- Software Engineering
- Data Structure
- Compiler Design
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Computer Organization and Microprocessor
- Networking Security
- Data Mining
IBPS SO Specialist Officer – Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
- Basics of Crop production
- Seed Science
- Agronomy and Irrigation
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Practices
- Soil resources
- Animal Husbandry
- Agro forestry
- Government Schemes
IBPS SO Specialist Officer – Marketing Officer (Scale I)
- Basics of Marketing Management
- Brand Management
- Business Ethics
- Market Segmentation
- Market research and forecasting demand
- Product Life Cycle
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Service Marketing
- Marketing Strategies
IBPS SO Syllabus – Law Officer (Scale I)
- Banking Regulations
- Compliance and Legal Aspects
- Relevant Law and Orders related to negotiable instruments, securities, foreign exchange
- Prevention of Money-laundering, Limitation Act
- Consumer Protection Act
- Banking Ombudsman Scheme
- Laws and Actions with the direct link to Banking Sector
- Bankers Book Evidence Act
- DRT Act
IBPS SO Specialist Officer – HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
- Human Resource Development
- Business policy and strategic analysis
- Transnational Analysis
- Training and Development
- Recruitment and Selection
- Rewards and Recognition
- Industrial Relations
- Business Policy and Strategic Analysis
- Grievance and Conflict Management
- Performance Management and Appraisal
IBPS SO IT Officer Syllabus 2021
SUBJECT 1: DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
UNIT-I – INTRODUCTION TO DBMS: File Systems Organization – Sequential, Pointer, Indexed, Direct – Purpose of Database System-Database System Terminologies-Database characteristics- Data models -Types of data models —Components of DBMS- Relational Algebra LOGICAL DATABASE DESIGN: Relational DBMS – Codd’s Rule – Entity-Relationship model – Extended ER Normalization — Functional Dependencies, Anomaly-1 NF to 5NF- Domain Key Normal Form — Denormalization.
UNIT-II – SQL & QUERY OPTIMIZATION SQL: Standards – Data types – Database Objects- DDL-DML-DCL-TCL-Embedded SQL-Static Vs Dynamic SQL – QUERY OPTIMIZATION: Query Processing and Optimization – Heuristics and Cost Estimates in Query Optimization.
UNIT-III – TRANSACTION PROCESSING AND CONCURRENCY CONTROL: Introduction-Properties of Transaction- Serializability- Concurrency Control – Locking Mechanisms- Two-Phase Commit Protocol-Dead lock.
UNIT-IV – TRENDS IN DATABASE TECHNOLOGY: Overview of Physical Storage Media – Magnetic Disks – RAID – Tertiary storage -File Organization – Organization of Records in Files – Indexing and Hashing – Ordered Indices – B+ tree Index Files – B tree Index Files – Static Hashing – Dynamic Hashing – Introduction to Distributed Databases- Client-server technology- Multidimensional and Parallel databases- Spatial and multimedia databases- Mobile and web databases- Data Warehouse-Mining- Data marts.
UNIT-V – ADVANCED TOPICS: DATABASE SECURITY: Data Classification-Threats and risks – Database access Control – Types of Privileges – Cryptography- Statistical Databases. – Distributed Databases-Architecture-Transaction Processing-Data Warehousing and Mining – Classification – Association – rules-Clustering-Information Retrieval Relevance ranking-Crawling Databases and Indexing the Web- Object Oriented Databases-XML Databases
SUBJECT 2: DATA COMMUNICATION AND NETWORKING
- Data Communication: Components of data communication – Data flow: simplex – half duplex – full-duplex; Networks – Definition – Network criteria – Types of Connections: Point to point – multipoint; Topologies: Star, Bus, Ring, Mesh, Hybrid – Advantages and Disadvantages of each topology.
- Types of Networks: LAN – MAN – WAN – CAN – HAN – Internet – Intranet –Extranet, Client-Server, Peer To Peer Networks.
- Transmission Media: Classification of transmission media – Guided – Twisted pair, Coaxial, Fiber optics; Unguided – Radio waves – Infrared – LOS – VSAT – cabling and standards
- Network devices: Features and concepts of Switches – Routers(Wired and Wireless) – Gateways.
- Network Models: Protocol definition – standards – OSI Model – layered architecture – functions of all layers..
- Data Link Layer: Framing & its methods, Flow Control, Error Control. DLL Protocol, Piggybacking & Pipelining. MAC Sublayer, Media access control for LAN & WAN, collision, IEEE 802 standards for LAN & MAN & their comparison. Ethernet, Wireless LANs, Broadband Wireless, Bluetooth.
- Network Layer: Routing, Congestion Control Algorithms, IP protocol, IP Addresses, Comparative study of IPv4 & IPv6, Mobile IP.
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)– User Datagram Protocol, Data Traffic, Congestion Control, and Quality of Service
- Network Security: Cryptography, Message Security, Digital Signature, User Authentication, Key Management, Security Protocols Internet, DNS, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, WWW, Virtual Terminal Protocol.
SUBJECT 3: OPERATING SYSTEM
- Introduction to System: Programs & Operating Systems, Buffering & Spooling, Types of Operating System.
- File concepts, Access methods: Free space management, allocation methods, directory systems, protection, organization, sharing & implementation issues, etc.
- Process Concepts: Process Control Blocks (PCB), Scheduling criteria Preemptive & non Preemptive process scheduling, Scheduling algorithms, algorithm evaluation, multiple-processor scheduling, real-time scheduling, threads, critical section problem, semaphores, and classical problems of synchronization, etc.
- Memory Hierarchy: logical and physical address space, swapping, contiguous and non-contiguous allocation, paging, segmentation, Concepts of virtual memory, Cache Memory Organization, demand paging, page replacement algorithms, allocation of frames, thrashing, demand segmentation.
- Distributed operating system: Types, Design issues, File system, Remote file access, RPC, RMI, Distributed Shared Memory(DSM), Basic Concept of Parallel Processing & Concurrent Programming
- Security & threats protection: Security violation through Parameter, Computer Worms & Virus, Security Design Principle, Authentications, Protection Mechanisms.
SUBJECT 4: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- The Software Product and Software Process Models, Software Process customization, and improvement.
- Requirement Elicitation, Analysis, and Specification Functional and Non-functional requirements, Validation, Traceability.
- Software Design, Architectural Design, User Interface Design, Function-oriented Design, SA/SD Component-Based Design, Design Metrics.
- A Software Analysis and Testing, Software Test Process, Testing Levels, Test Criteria, Test Case Design, Test Oracles, Test Techniques, Black-Box Testing, etc.
- Software Maintenance &Software Project Measurement: Software Configuration Management (SCM), Re-engineering, Reverse Engineering. Project Management Concepts, Feasibility Analysis, Project and Process Planning, Resources Project Scheduling and Tracking, etc.
SUBJECT 5: DATA STRUCTURE
- Introduction: Basic Terminology, Data types, and classification, Array Definition, Representation and Analysis of Arrays, Single and Multidimensional Arrays, etc.
- Stack, Array Implementation of the stack, Linked Representation of Stack, Queue, Array, and linked implementation of queues, Circular queues, D-queues, and Priority Queues. Linked list, Generalized linked list.
- Trees: Basic terminology, Binary Trees, Complete Binary Tree, Extended Binary Trees, Array and Linked Representation of Binary trees, etc.
- Internal and External sorting, Insertion Sort, Bubble Sort, selection sort Quick Sort, Merge Sort, Heap Sort, Radix sort, Searching & Hashing: Sequential search, binary search, Hash Table, Hash Functions, etc.
- Graphs: Introduction, Sequential Representations of Graphs, Adjacency Matrices, Traversal, Connected Component, and Spanning Trees, Minimum Cost Spanning Trees.
SUBJECT 6: COMPILER DESIGN
- Introduction to Compiler, Phases and passes, Bootstrapping, Implementation of lexical analyzers, LEX: lexical analyzer generator, Input buffering, Recognition of tokens, Error handling.
- Basic Parsing Techniques: Parsers, Shift reduce parsing, operator precedence parsing, top-down parsing, predictive parsers, LR parsers, an automatic parser generator
- Syntax directed definitions, L-attributed definitions, Syntax directed Translators, Intermediate code, etc.
- Symbol Tables, Run-Time Administration, simple stack allocation scheme, storage allocation in block-structured language, Code Optimization, and Code Generation
- Parsing control statements, syntax diagrams, Error Recovery, Interpreting control statements, parsing programs, procedures, and Functions.
SUBJECT 7: COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND MICROPROCESSOR
- Computer System: Basic Computer Operation, Machine Instructions, Addressing Modes, DLX Architecture.
- Computer Configuration, Memory organization, Memory Architecture, and Interface, DMA, Synchronization, etc.
- Microprocessor As A CPU– types of Microprocessor, Microcomputers, Computer Languages, Flags, Program Counter (PC), Stack Pointer, OP Code Format, etc.
- Input-output System.
SUBJECT 8: OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING (OOPS)
- General concept OOPS– Object, Classes, Data Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Methods and Messages, Dynamic Binding.
- Features, Advantages, and Applications of OOPS.
- Aggregation and Association, Generalization, Multiple Inheritance.
SUBJECT 9: NETWORKING SECURITY:
- Conventional Encryption, Data Encryption Standard(DES)
- Cryptanalysis(Block Cipher, P Box)
- The private key and Public-key Cryptography,
- Diffie and Hellman
- Rivest-Shamir-Adelman method(RSA), Intruders,
- IP security, Web security, Firewalls, Virus.
SUBJECT 10: DATA MINING:
- Data mining
- Online Analytical Processing(OLAP)
NOTE: This is the complete syllabus of the Graduation Level. Don’t be panic by seeing this entire syllabus. Be confident and keep trust in the IBPS GUIDE TEAM.