The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is the conducting authority of Railway exams. The RRB makes recruitment for Indian Railways for the posts like RRB NTPC, RRB JE, RRB ALP On this page, complete details of RRB exams are provided.
Railway RRB Recruitment details:
Railway Recruitment Boards are organizations under the Government of India that manage the appointment of new employees to work in Indian railways. There are 21 boards situated in different parts of India:
- Jammu and Kashmir
List of Railway RRB Exams -:
The RRB conducts the following exams
Railway RRB Exams Time Table:
The RRB time table will consist of the schedule of examinations held in the year. The dates of prelims and mains exams of all the recruitments are clearly available in it.
RRB Exam dates: NTPC Recruitment
|RRB NTPC Events||NTPC Dates|
|RRB NTPC Notification||February 2021|
|RRB NTPC Apply Online start date||March 2021|
|RRB NTPC Apply Online last date||March 2021|
|RRB NTPC Application Fee Payment Last Date||April 2021|
|Final submission of NTPC Applications||April 2021|
|RRB NTPC Exam Dates||December 2021|
RRB Exam Dates – ALP Recruitment 2021
|RRB Exam Dates ALP 2021|
|Event||RRB ALP Exam Date(Tentative)|
|Starting of RRB ALP online application||February 2021|
|End of RRB ALP online application||March 2021|
|RRB ALP First Stage CBT||August 2021|
|The result of First Stage CBT||September 2021- October 2021|
|RRB ALP Second Stage CBT||November 2021|
|RRB ALP CBT 2 Result date||December 2021|
|Computer-Based Aptitude Test to be conducted on||To be announced|
|Document verification/medical examination||To be announced|
|Final merit list||To be announced|
RRB Exam Dates – JE Recruitment 2021
|RRB Exam Dates JE 2021|
|Events||RRB JE Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of RRB JE Notification||February 2021|
|Opening of Online Registration for RRB JE Exam||March 2021|
|Closing of Online Registration for RRB JE Exam||March 2021|
|1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT – I)||May 2021|
|2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT- II)||To be released soon|
|RRB JE 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT- II) Result||To be released soon|
RRB Exam Dates – Group D Recruitment
|RRB Exam Date For Railway Group D 2019-2021|
|RRB Group D Exam Events||RRB Group D Exam Dates|
|RRB Group D Notification||February 23rd, 2019|
|RRB Group D Online Application started||March 12th, 2019|
|RRB Group D Registration Last Date||April 12th, 2019|
|RRB Group D Application Final Submission||April 26th, 2019|
|RRB Group D Exam Date CBT 2019-20||December 15,2021|
|RRB Group D Result 2021||To be Notified|
How to Apply Railway RRB Exams Online?
You can apply directly for the desired RRB Exam from the linked official page.
Railway RRB Exam Process:
The RRB exam process is given here in simple steps.
- For each recruitment, the notification announcement is the first step.
- Then the apply online link will get activated to receive online applications from the candidates.
- Release of admit card for the prelims exam
- Computer Based Test (CBT) – Prelims
- Computer Based Test (CBT) – Mains
- Typing Skill Test/Computer Based Aptitude Test (as applicable)
Railway RRB Exam Pattern
Normally the RRB exam structure will have two important rounds. They are as follows,
- Online Preliminary exam
- Online Mains Exam
- Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)
Railway RRB Exams Syllabus
There are several sections in the online exams of RRB recruitment. The following are the RRB subjects covered in the exams of various stages.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Physics & Chemistry
- Basic of Computer Applications
- Basics of Environment and Pollution Control
Railway RRB Job Profiles
From 1998, the common written exams have been introduced by the RRB. The following are the list of Posts that are included in the recent RRB recruitment process.
- ALP & Technician – Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts computer-based examination for recruitment of ALP & Technician posts. RRB ALP & Technician Recruitment 2018 will be held in two stages followed by Aptitude Test (if applicable) and Document Verification.
- RRB NTPC – Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) exam to recruit Commercial apprentice, Goods guard, Traffic Apprentice, Traffic Assistant, Assistant Station Master, etc. all over India.
- RRB JE – Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts RRB JE exam to recruit Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (Information Technology), Depot Material Superintendent (DMS), and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA) for Indian Railway all over India.
- RRB Group D – RRB Group D exam is conducted by RRB to recruit eligible candidates for various posts like Helper/Assistant Pointsman, Track Maintainer Grade-IV, in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix in various departments of Indian Railways
RRB Exam Selection Process:
The RRB selection process will differ for the recruitment of each post. Normally, the recruitments will have 2 or 3 rounds. The candidates have to clear all the available stages to get the provisional allotment order.
- Computer Based Test (CBT) – Prelims
- Computer Based Test (CBT) – Mains
- Typing Skill Test/Computer Based Aptitude Test (as applicable)
How Frequent RRB Exams are Conducted?
The RRB exam frequency is once in a year. That is, in a year, the recruitments for all the posts will happen only one time. There will be a specific gap between the notification release for all the recruitments.
Attempts in RRB Exams:
There is no limit to the number of attempts. You can apply for this exam if you fulfill all the required criteria like educational and age criteria.
Railway RRB Exam Preparation
There are many ways for the RRB exam preparation. First know the complete details about the selection process, exam pattern, and syllabus. Then prepare a study plan to cover the entire syllabus. For preparation, you can follow the methods given below.
- Through the online courses, you can have a better explanation of concepts.
- For home preparation, you can opt for the pdf study materials and E-books.
- Prepare by using the previous year question papers and online memory based papers. So that your preparation will be really effective.
- Attend online quizzes and tests regularly to assess your preparation level.
- Practice with a lot of RRB mock test series and rectify your mistakes regularly.
Follow all your convenient preparation methods in a dedicated manner. Surely you can succeed in the RRB exams.
RRB Exam Instructions:
In the exam hall, there are sets of instructions to follow. You can see such instructions in your RRB exam call letter. Some of the important RRB exam instructions are given below.
- Stationary items such as geometry boxes, printed textbooks are not allowed in the exam hall.
- Calculators, wristwatches, and other electronic gadgets are prohibited in the exam hall.
- Metallic items are not allowed in the exam hall.
- Eatable items and water bottles are prohibited.
- Reach the exam hall and report within the time mentioned in your RRB exam call letter.
- Don’t involve in any malpractices. If you get caught for such reasons, your candidature will be cancelled. You may also be restricted to appear for the exams in the future.
Railway RRB Cut Off:
Cut Off is the minimum required score to pass in the exam. The cut off of RRB is calculated based on the following factors-
- Number of test-takers
- The difficulty level of exam
- Number of vacancies
Cut off can be segregated as,
- City Wise Railway RRB Exams Cut Off – The candidates belonging to each city will have different cut off marks.
- Category wise Railway RRB Exams Cut Off – The candidates belonging to each category will have different cut off marks.
Railway RRB Job Vacancies:
The most expected detail among the aspirants in the notification is a vacancy. The vacancy is the attracting factor for any recruitment notification. Every year the RRB job vacancies have been announced in huge numbers. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for the examination through online, after the notification release.
Railway RRB Exams -: Application Form:
The RRB application form is to be filled in the online mode only. Before filling your application form check your eligibility completely. Don’t give fake details to make you eligible for the recruitment. Then while filling your basic information such as name, father’s name, etc, fill it carefully. Don’t make any spelling mistakes. Before giving the final submit, check the preview of your application form. If you find any mistakes, correct them and give the final submit. This RRB application form should be submitted within the last date mentioned in the official recruitment notification.
Railway RRB Exams -: Normalization of Marks
In this process, the raw score of candidates, the mean and standard deviation of raw marks in their session, as well as other sessions, are normalized. The normalization formula is given below:
Xn= (S2/S1) (X-Xav) + Yav
Xn= Normalized Score of a Candidate
S2= Standard Deviation of raw marks of Base Session
S1= Standard Deviation of raw marks of Candidate Session
X= Raw marks of the candidate which is to be normalized
Xav= Average of raw marks of Candidate Session
Yav= Average of raw marks of Base Session
Railway RRB Exam Fees:
The RRB exam fees must be paid through Online & Offline modes. For that you can opt for any of the following such as credit card, debit card, net banking, mobile wallets, etc for online application or you can apply at the nearest SBI Branch. The RRB application fee will vary for the candidates based on the category & Exam they choose.
Railway RRB Registration:
The RRB registration is done prior to the application form filling process. The first step for filling an application form is the registration process. Only after completing your registration process, you will get your registration number and password. This registration number and password will be sent to your registered mobile number and email Id. So give your permanent mobile number and email Id. Only then you can get timely updates about various stages of the recruitment. This registration number and password will act as the login credentials for your online application form. Using these details you can log in and fill your application form. So the candidates while starting to fill the application, finish your RRB registration process first.
Railway RRB Exams Score Card:
The RRB scorecard is released after the exam result. In the RRB exam scorecard, you can find the details of your marks. You can get the details of your marks in each section and your total score. After the release of the scorecard, take a printout of it, for future use.
Railway RRB Exams: Frequently Asked Questions:
Here we have added the FAQs related to the RRB recruitment exams. So refer to it and clear the doubts.
Q. How do I know about the details of the post for which Recruitment is notified?
- The detailed notification showing the name of the post, qualification, vacancy details, etc. Is published in Employment News / Rojgar Samachar and an Indicative Advertisement is also published in local newspapers.
Q. How to get the application form? Is there any laid down format which is to be adhered to?
- The application form and format for different certificates required such as for SC, ST, OBC, etc. are published in the Employment notification and can also be downloaded from this web site (click forms link on the home page).
Q. What care I should take while filling up the application form?
- Detailed Employment notification must be read carefully before filling up the form. Ensure that the proper fee is submitted through IPO or Demand Draft from a Scheduled Bank. In the case of reserved community, the application should be submitted along with the caste certificate in proper format as shown in annexure duly signed by the competent authority. Make sure that you have filled in all the required details in the application form in the format prescribed in your own handwriting.
Q. What is the amount and mode of payment of the application fee?
- For SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen, and Physically Handicapped candidates there is no application fee. For all others, it is Rs.40/- (Rs. Forty) for the post having payscale up to 3050 – 4590 and Rs 60/- (Rs. Sixty) for all the post having pay scale higher than 3050 – 4590. The application fee can be submitted in the form of IPO or Demand Draft. IPO/DD should not be of a date prior to the date of notification. The Demand Draft should be from a Scheduled Bank with a validity of not less than 6 months. Cash/ Money Order or any other form of the fee is not acceptable. IPO / DD should be drawn in favor of ASSISTANT SECRETARY, RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARD PAYABLE AT MUMBAI.
Q. How should I send my money to the Railway Recruitment Board?
- The duly filled-in application form along with copies of relevant certificates and photograph, complying with the requirements as laid down in the Employment Notification should be sent either through ordinary post or dropped in the specific box provided at Railway Recruitment Board’s office.
Q. How do I know the schedule of the examination and the center allotted?
- The schedule of examination is published in the Local Newspapers of Zonal jurisdiction, Employment notice / Rojgar Samachar, and on this Website. Railway Recruitment Board also sends call letters to the eligible candidates under UPC for the examination. The Call letters are sent to the candidates before 1 month of the scheduled date. However, RRB Mumbai is not responsible for any postal delay, wrong delivery or less in transit.
Q. If I do not receive any communication from the Railway Recruitment Board for the examination?
- You can know the status of your application on this website or contact Railway Recruitment Board, Mumbai. On Telephone no. 022 – 23090422 during office hours. An Enquiry counter is operational on all working days during office hours.