SBI PO Exam pattern 2020:
State Bank of India is expected to schedule an exam for SBI PO in June 2020. For that, the exam pattern is very much important before you start the preparation. Without the exam pattern, you cannot have a strategy. Exam pattern helps to analyze your strong and weak zones. Here we have updated the SBI PO exam pattern for prelims and mains.
The exam pattern is the schedule that mentions the sections that are included in the exam. Also, the exam pattern contains number of questions, total marks and time duration for all the sections. By referring to the SBI bank PO exam pattern you can know the outline of the exam. Also, it will help you to prepare an exam strategy by referring to the weightage of questions. “What is the pattern of SBI PO exam?” is a common question among the aspirants after notification release. Here the SBI PO pattern is updated for both prelims and mains. Candidates check it before you start the preparation.
SBI PO Selection Procedure:
There are three phases in the SBI PO selection process. They are given below in order as follows,
- Online Preliminary exam
- Online Mains exam
- Group exercise and interview
Each and every stage is a hurdle for the candidates. If you clear all these hurdles successfully, you can achieve your goal. Go through the updated SBI PO exam pattern and syllabus for all the stages and plan your preparation well. A well-planned preparation gives you real success.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2020:
The SBI PO pre exam pattern is given for your reference. It consists of 3 sections namely English language, quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability. The important details about the SBI PO prelims exam pattern are given here.
- The reasoning ability section has 35 questions comprising for totally for 35 marks.
- The English language section will have 30 questions. Each question carries one mark, such that the total marks for this section is 30.
- The quantitative aptitude section has 35 questions. The total marks for this section is 35.
- So, totally the exam has 100 questions and the total marks for the exam is 100.
- Students have to clear the overall cut off to clear the prelims examination. But there is no sectional cut off for the SBI PO prelims exam.
- For each correct answer, you will get one mark
- There is a penalty for wrong answers. For each wrong answer, you will lose 0.25 marks as a penalty.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked, there will be no penalty for that question.
- Each section will have a separate timing of 20 minutes.
- In the exam, a section appears first. After the completion of 20 minutes, the next section appears automatically. In the halfway, you cannot swap between the sections.
|S No.||Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English language||30||30||20 minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern 2020:
The SBI PO mains exam pattern has 4 sections. They are English language, general awareness, data interpretation & analysis and reasoning ability & computer aptitude. There is negative marking for the wrong answers. Also sectional time is available as mentioned in the table. Apart from these sections, there will be a descriptive test. In this descriptive test, you have to type a letter writing and an essay in 30 minutes. The total marks for the descriptive test is 50. The detailed information about the SBI PO mains exam pattern 2020 is given for your reference.
- The reasoning ability & computer aptitude section contains a total of 45 questions. The total marks for this section is 60. The sectional timing for this section is 60 minutes.
- The data interpretation and analysis section has 35 questions in total. The maximum marks for this section is also 60. The sectional time duration for this part is 45 minutes.
- In general / economy / banking awareness section, totally 40 questions are available. The total marks for this section is 40. Also 35 minutes of time duration is given for this section.
- The English language section has a total of 35 questions. The maximum marks for this part is 40. Also the sectional timing for this part is40 minutes.
- Also, 1/4th of marks assigned to the question will be deducted as penalty for each wrong answer.
- Like prelims exam, mains also have no sectional cut off. The candidates clearing the overall cut off are shortlisted for the group exercise and personal interview.
- As there are sectional timings as mentioned, you cannot swap between the sections as per your wish
- Apart from these four sections, SBI PO mains exam pattern also have a descriptive test. After the completion of four sections, automatically the page for descriptive test will appear on the screen.
- In the descriptive test you have to type letter writing and an essay. The time duration for the descriptive test is 30minutes. The total marks for the descriptive test is 50.
- Including descriptive test, the total marks for the SBI PO mains exam is 250.
|S No.||Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning ability & computer aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||Data interpretation and analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|3.||General/ Economy/ Banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4.||English language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Descriptive test: Letter and essay writing||2||50||30 minutes|
Use of Scribe & compensatory time:
In SBI PO application form the candidates wishing to have scribe should mention it in their online application form. The facility of scribe is allowed to a candidate only if the percentage disability is 40% or more.And the compensatory time is for the candidates having disability with the physical limitation to write including that of speed. In all such cases where a scribe is used, and the following rules are applicable.
- Only if the candidate mention in the application, he can attend the exam with a help of scribe.
- Both the candidate and the scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking at the time of exam. Also, the undertaking must be in the prescribed format.
- The candidates eligible to take test with a scribe will have the eligibility for the compensatory time also.
- For such candidates, compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of exam is allowed. It is no matter whether he is availing the facility of scribe or not.
- Candidate should arrange their own scribe at own cost.
Group Exercise and Interview:
The candidates clearing the mains exam are called for the third and final round. In this round, group exercise and interview are conducted. The total marks for the group exercise is 20. For the interview round the maximum marks is 30. So, the maximum marks for the final phase of the SBI PO recruitment is 50.
|Name of the Round||Maximum marks|
After the completion of all the phases, the merit list is prepared based on the final cut off. The final cut off is arrived based on the following steps.
- The prelims marks are not taken into consideration while calculating the final cut off.
- The marks obtained in mains exam and final phase are taken to arrive the final cut off score.
- The total marks for the mains exam is 250 (including the marks of descriptive test). The marks scored by candidate out of 250 is converted to out of 75 marks.
- The total marks for the group exercise and interview round is 50. Here, the marks scored out of 50 is converted to out of 25 marks.
- By adding these two arrived marks, the final scores of candidates out of 100 are calculated.
- Based on the available vacancies, a final cut off out of 100 is fixed. The candidates scoring above the cut off marks are included for the preparation of final merit list.
So candidates refer to the SBI PO exam pattern pdf. Then with a proper preparation plan you can crack this exam easily.
SBI PO Exam Strategy:
Candidates refer the SBI PO syllabus and exam pattern to prepare a strategy for you. The strategy should be in such a way that you could score more mark in the exam.Here we have added the exam strategies for each of the section.
As per the SBI PO prelims exam pattern 2020, the number of questions in this section is 30. If you are strong in grammar, then you can easily score in most parts of this section. In this section, the time consuming topics are jumbled sentences and reading comprehension. So attend these topics finally. At first you can target some topics that are listed below,
- Spot the error
- Cloze test
- Fill in the blanks
As per the SBI PO mains exam pattern 2020, this section has 35 questions. In mains exam also you can follow the same exam strategy as said above. But the standard of questions will be very high. Therefore, your preparation have to match those standards. For that, you should practice more mock tests on all the topics. Try to improve your accuracy in this section. Analyse the SBI PO exam pattern and cut off marks. You will come to know about the importance of this section. If you score well in this section, your burden for the other section will reduce considerably.
As per the SBI PO pattern, this section contains 30 questions in the preliminary exam. This section needs fast calculation tricks and short cut methods. Only then, you can shine in this part. Coming to the strategy, aim to score marks from the easier topics first. In these topics, maintain your speed and accuracy at a high rate. Then automatically you can harvest a big score from this section. Some of the target topics for this section are,
- Simplification and approximation
- Wrong number series and missing number series
- Data interpretation (Easy to moderate level)
- Quadratic equation
In prelims exam the order of question selection is very important. If you excel in that factor you can easily attend more questions. Attend the difficult word problems at last. Also, if the data interpretation is difficult, skip it or attend at final timing.
As per the SBI PO exam pattern 2020 for the mains exam, this section has 35 questions. But it covers a bulk of 60 marks. So the standard of questions also will be very high. You have to attend too many mock tests and gain experience before the exam. Also, you can expect more questions from the data interpretation topic. All the data interpretation will be in a difficult manner. So refer to the old question papers and practice sample DI questions. So that you can attend this section without any fear in mains exam.
As per the SBI PO prelims exam pattern, the reasoning section has a total of 35 questions. Most of the candidates are stronger in this section. So in the competition you also have to attend more questions in an accurate manner. In this section, some topics are very easy. Some of them are listed below,
- Alphanumeric series
- Direction sense
- Blood relation
- Order and ranking
You can attend the questions in this order itself. If you are comfortable with a different order, then stick to your strategy. After completing these topics attend the puzzles and seating arrangements. If you follow this strategy, you can cover more questions in a very less time.
As per the SBI PO mains exam pattern, this section has 45 questions in total. However, it covers a whopping 60 marks. This is because the questions will be at hard level. Strategy wise you can follow the above said order. But you can attend decent number of questions, only if you practice with a complete dedication. So practice in a serious manner for this section in mains exam.
As per the SBI PO mains exam pattern 2020, the general awareness section covers 40 questions. The prelims exam not includes this section. However, in mains exam, this section plays a major role in the final results. More candidates have missed the victory due to less marks in this section. Use the following tips to score more marks in this section.
- Read current affairs in a daily manner. Only then you can complete bulk amount of topics within the exam time.
- Prepare a notes and revise it daily. So that you will not forget the important points
- Attend online quizzes regularly. It is the only way to improve your accuracy for this section.
- Use power capsules for the revision purpose. The power capsules will make your revision works much easier.
Frequently Asked Questions:
FAQs will clarify the common doubts of candidates. So refer the questions given below.
Yes, both prelims and mains have negative marking of 1/4th of the marks assigned, for each wrong answer.
No, there are not any minimum percentage criteria to apply for this exam.
There is no sectional cut off for both prelims and mains. If the candidates clear the overall cut off, it is more than enough to qualify for the further rounds