SBI Clerk Exam Pattern Prelims and Mains:
The SBI clerk 2021 notification is Out. SBI Clerk exam pattern 2021 is provided here to let you know the test scheme and timings of the SBI Clerk Examination. So, start your preparation by knowing the latest SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2021. The SBI Clerk selection will be based on 2 rounds – prelims and mains exams.
For both rounds, the SBI clerk exam pattern PDF is available here. The details that are present in the SBI clerk exam pattern are sections, marks, and time duration for the exam. Knowing the weightage, you can prepare a strategy for each section. Also, if you need, download the SBI clerk exam pattern PDF in Hindi for preparation. The SBI Clerk Prelims exam has 3 sections.
The SBI clerk mains exam has 4 sections. Check this article to know complete details regarding the exam pattern. The SBI Clerk apply online link is activated. The final date for the submission of the application form and the payment of the fee will be 20th May 2021[Extended]. The Aspirants can refer to the detailed SBI Clerk Prelims exam pattern, Mains exam pattern, and marking scheme given below.
SBI Clerk 2021 Important Dates
Check out the important dates related to the SBI Clerk exam for 2021. Within the exam date, practice more mock tests with the actual SBI clerk exam pattern 2021.
|Release of SBI Clerk 2021 Notification pdf||26th April 2021|
|SBI Clerk 2021 Online Application Starting date||27th April 2021|
|Last date to submit the application||20th May 2021[Extended]|
|Call letter download for Pre-Examination Training||26th May 2021|
|Pre- Examination Training||June 2021|
|The download of the call letter for Preliminary Examination||29th June 2021|
|SBI Clerk Exam Date 2021 (Preliminary)||July 10, 11, 12, and 13, 2021|
|The download of the call letter for the Main Examination||July 2021|
|SBI Clerk Exam Date (Mains)||31st July 2021|
|SBI Clerk 2021 Final Result||To be Notified Soon|
SBI Clerk Mock Test 2021:
Mock tests are the backbone of candidate success. The SBI Clerk mock tests are available for both the prelims and the mains exams. Without proper mock test practice, it is very difficult to succeed in these exams. The SBI Clerk mock test packages are prepared by our well-experienced faculty members. The quality mock test which is specially designed for SBI Clerk 2021 Exam link is given below.
SBI Clerk 2021 Exam Pattern
Before a candidate starts his/her preparation for the SBI Clerk exam they should know about the exam details such as Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, Syllabus, Exam Pattern. Candidates should refer to the SBI Clerk exam pattern 2021 which will help them understand the exam requirements and then the candidates can prepare accordingly.
This article will discuss the complete SBI Clerk exam pattern 2021 for both the prelims and the mains examination. SBI Clerk exam pattern 2021 acts as a blueprint for the candidates, providing the distribution of questions, marks, and time allotted for each section. We will also discuss the Language Proficiency Test which is held after the mains examination.
Special Bundle PDF Course SBI Clerk Prelims 2021
Enroll in our PDF Course and get High Standard & Exact Exam Level Questions Daily for Practice.
▶️ Course Duration: 50days ▶️ No.of Ques: 4800
SBI Clerk 2021: Selection Process
The SBI recruitment board will conduct the recruitment drive in 3 phases. They are,
(i) Prelims Exam
(ii) Mains Exam
(iii) Language Proficiency Test
Preliminary Examination: Adequate number of candidates in each category will be shortlisted for the Mains exam by SBI depending upon the requirements for Online Main Exam.
Main Examination: Candidates should qualify for each section as well as the overall cut-off in the main exam to be eligible for the Final Selection in the provisional allotment.
- Language Proficiency Test: The test for knowledge of specified opted local language will be conducted as a part of the selection process.
Final Result: The Final result is declared based on the merit list in SBI Clerk Mains Exam. The marks obtained in the prelims exam will not be considered for the final selection. Marks obtained in the Mains exam will only be considered by the board for final selection.
Provisional Allotment: The provisional allotment of the eligible candidates will be released on the official website. The provisional allotment depends upon the merit list. Further, the SBI will take the responsibility to inform the qualified candidates about their joining dates and procedure lies with the respective banks.
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2021: Phase I (Prelims)
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2021 for Prelims exam is given below.
- SBI Clerk Prelims Exam is an online objective test of 100 marks and 60 Minutes duration.
- A total of 100 questions will be asked. There are no changes in the exam pattern of the SBI Clerk Prelims Exam 2021.
- There is a Sectional time limit in SBI Clerk Prelims Exam. In the exam, each section i.e. Reasoning Ability, Numerical Ability, and English Language, will have a separate timing of 20 Minutes.
- There is no Sectional Cutoff in Prelims Exam.
- In SBI Clerk Prelims 2021, there are no minimum qualifying marks i.e. cutoff for any section i.e., there will be only an overall cutoff.
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2021: Phase II (Mains)
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2021 for the Mains exam is given below.
- The final merit list will be prepared based on the mains examination marks.
- In mains also, there is no sectional cutoff.
- Candidates can work towards clearing the overall cutoff.
- A total of 190 questions will be asked for 200 marks. There are no changes in the exam pattern of the SBI Clerk Prelims Exam 2021.
- The total time duration of the exam is 2 hours 40 minutes.
- Questions will be asked both in English and Hindi except the English section.
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2021: Phase III (Language Test)
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2021 for the Language Proficiency test is given below.
- Candidates qualified in the SBI Clerk Mains Examination are eligible for the next phase of recruitment i.e Local Langauge Test.
- Those candidates who can produce the 10th or 12th Certificate, evidencing that they have studied the opted local language need not appear for Language Test.
- Candidates who are not having such a certificate, need to participate in the specified language test.
- This test will be conducted after provisional selection but before the joining process.
- This local language test will be conducted to check the proficiency of candidates in speaking, reading, and writing the opted local language.
- The candidates who not found to be proficient in opted local language would be disqualified and would not be eligible for any further process.
SBI Clerk Selection process 2021: Provisional Selection
The final selection of a candidate will be done after fulfilling the following three parameters –
- The Marks scored in SBI Clerk Mains Examination.
- After verifying the candidate’s eligibility for the post and information filled in the online SBI Clerk application.
- After qualifying in the test of the specified local language (If applicable).
The merit list will be finalized category-wise and State Wise. The Candidates will be posted in the state for which they are applying. After joining, the candidates will not be entitled to inter/intra-state transfer in the first 5 years of Service.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern Prelims 2021:
Prelims Exam is the initial stage for the selection process. Candidates should qualify for the prelims round to attend the mains exam. The SBI clerk prelims exam pattern 2021 consists of Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language. Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning Ability comprises 35 questions each and the English Language section will consist of 30 questions. Totally the prelims will be conducted for 100 marks.
Sectional timing will be implemented for each section. 20 minutes will be fixed for each section. The candidates must attempt the sections in the same order and within the allotted time fixed by the examining body. The candidate can’t leave the existing section before the time allotted. The next section opens, only after the completion of the current section.
|S.No||Section||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|2||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
- The prelims exam will be an Online Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The Test will be available in Bilingual(Both English & Hindi) except for the English Language section.
- The test is qualifying in nature and marks obtained in this stage will not be counted to make the final merit list for the SBI Clerk exam.
- Each question is carrying 1 mark.
- Candidates will be awarded +1 marks for every question marked as right.
- A negative mark is applicable for every wrong answer.
- 1/4th marks will be deducted for every question marked wrong.
- No marks will be deducted for the unattempted questions.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2021 – Mains:
The SBI Clerk Mains is the final stage for the selection process. This is a more important phase compared to the prelims exam because marks obtained in Mains will only be considered for the final selection. Provisional allotment will be made based on the marks obtained in the mains exam. So candidates should give more importance to the SBI Clerk mains exam pattern and syllabus.
The SBI clerk exam pattern for the mains exam consists of 4 sections namely Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, General English & General/Financial Awareness. The exam is conducted for 200 marks with 2 hours 40 minutes. Sectional Time applies to each section. The candidates must attempt the sections in the same order and within the allotted time fixed by the examining body. The candidate can’t leave the existing section before the time allotted. You can go to the next section can only after the current section gets over. Check the SBI clerk mains exam pattern 2021 here in the table.
|S.No||Section||No of Questions||Max Marks||Time Duration|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|2||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|3||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
- The Mains exam will be an Online Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The Test will be available in Bilingual(Both English & Hindi) except the General English section.
- Each question is carrying 1 mark.
- A negative mark is applicable for every wrong answer.
- 1/4th of marks assigned to that question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates are required to score minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon). Minimum qualifying marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank.
- No minimum qualifying marks for individual subjects are prescribed.
Get More: SBI Clerk Syllabus 2021
SBI Clerk Combo:
- Bundle PDF Course SBI Clerk Prelims + Mains
- SBI Clerk Pre + Mains Mock Tests
- Banking Foundation Video Course
- 45+ Mock Tests
- 9800+ Questions in PDF Course
Language Proficiency Test
Those who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any Language test. In the case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language tests will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining.
Note: Candidates not found proficient in specified opted local language would be disqualified.
Dear aspirants, here we had provided you with the complete updated SBI Clerk exam pattern. Before going to start your preparation kindly refer to the prelims and mains SBI Clerk exam pattern and plan your studies accordingly.
Take SBI Clerk Free Mock test 2021
Q: Is there any interview round for the SBI clerk?
A: No, Only two stages are to be cleared by a candidate in the SBI Clerk exam i.e. Prelims and Mains.
Q: Is there any negative marking in SBI Clerk Exam?
A: Yes, 1/4th of the marks are deducted for each wrong answer.
Q: How many attempts are there for SBI Clerk Exam?
A: It will depend on your category,
- Gen- 4 Attempts
- Gen (PWD)/ OBC (PWD)/OBC – 7 Attempts
- SC/SC (PWD)/ST (PWD) – No restriction
Q: Will the prelims marks be added while preparing the final merit list for the SBI Clerk exam?
A: No, the prelims examination is qualifying in nature and its marks will not be added for preparing the final merit list of the SBI Clerk exam.
Q: Are the SBI Clerk exam pattern for prelims and mains exam the same?
A: No, the SBI Clerk exam pattern for prelims and mains exams is different. Candidates can check the article above to understand the complete SBI Clerk exam pattern.