The State Bank of India will release the SBI PO notification soon for this year. The last year’s vacancy was 2000. This year also the same range of vacancies is expected with SBI PO notification 2020. Candidates check here the complete details of the notification.
Last year there were 2000 Probationary Officers jobs were allotted by State Bank of India. The SBI PO 2020 notification date will arrive soon. SBI PO Recruitment invites online application from the prominent candidates. In the recruitment of SBI PO 2020, the 2 most important eligibility norms are age and educational qualification. The candidates can apply for the exam, if and only if they satisfy all the mandatory norms. Also the exam fee you are paying is nonrefundable. The procedure of selection, apply online, and other important details are provided for your reference. SBI PO online application is available till the last date mentioned in the SBI PO official notification 2020.
SBI PO Exam Dates:
In the SBI PO official notification 2020, you can find every detail in a clear manner. From the start and end date for online application to the date of final SBI PO exam are available in the notification. Also it will discuss all the procedures of the recruitment process in detail. Here the list of important dates are mentioned in the below table.
|On-line application start date||Available soon|
|Online application end date||Available soon|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||Available soon|
|Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination||Available soon|
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training||Available soon|
|Online Preliminary Examination||Available soon|
|Result of Online Preliminary Examination||Available soon|
|Download of Call letter for Online Main Examination||Available soon|
|Conduct of Online Main Examination||Available soon|
|Declaration of Result of Main Examination||Available soon|
|Download of Call Letter for Group Exercises & Interview||Available soon|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||Available soon|
|Declaration of Final Result||Available soon|
SBI PO Vacancy:
Candidates are eagerly waiting for the SBI PO 2020 notification date. Once the notification gets released, all the important details get revealed. As this is one of the important exams, candidates are preparing in a full-fledged manner. “When will the SBI PO 2020 notification come?” is the question right now in the minds of the candidates. More importantly, candidates will be eager to know the vacancy details. Once the notification gets released, the candidates will come to know the category wise vacancy details.
SBI PO Selection Process:
As mentioned in the SBI PO recruitment 2020 notification, the selection process will take place in 3 stages. They are,
|1st Stage||2nd Stage||3rd Stage|
|Online Preliminary exam||Online Mains exam||Group exercise and interview|
Candidates should pass in all the stages to get the provisional allotment order. As it is a 3 stage process with interviews and group exercise, candidates have to work hard. Only candidates with immense talent and hard-working nature can clear this exam.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria:
The SBI recruitment board has given all the information related to the eligibility criteria in the official notification. The hundred percent eligible candidates can apply for the exam. If you are a talented and hardworking candidate, you can easily crack this exam. In this recruitment candidates have to pass in the three stages of selection. The first two stages prelims and mains are the online examinations. The final stage includes group exercise and interview. Here detailed information is provided: qualification, age limit, age relaxation and other norms the candidate have to fulfil the norms that are mandatory to apply for this post. The SBI PO Eligibility Criteria as per the official notification 2020 are discussed here.
Candidates should have completed a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University. This is the minimum qualification regarding the educational criteria. Also the final year candidates can also apply for this SBI PO recruitment. But if they attend the interview, it is compulsory that those candidates should show the valid proof of passing their graduation exam. As per the SBI PO official notification 2020, candidates should fulfil all these educational eligibility criteria without fail.
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum age – 30 years
Age relaxation is applicable for each category as per the SBI PO notification 2020 pdf. The age relaxation details are given in the below table.
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non creamy layer||3 years|
|PWD (SC / ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (Gen / EWS)||10 years|
|Person domiciled of Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
As mentioned in the SBI PO 2020 notification pdf, candidates check these important conditions given below.
- The applicants should not have any record of default in dues and loan repayments.
- Candidates’ names should not have unfavourable reports against CIBIL and other external agencies.
- Candidates should not have unfavourable reports regarding their character, moral turpitude and antecedents.
SBI PO Apply Online:
Candidates check the SBI PO notification 2020 apply online dates. Before the final date, submit your completely filled online application. If the applicants do not fulfill even any single criteria, they can’t apply for this exam. As all the details are explained in a clear manner, check them twice before you apply for this exam. If you satisfy the qualifications that are matched with above notification then start to apply for SBI PO 2020 recruitment. When you start to fill up the online application you should keep all the requisites. Fill up the form without any error and upload all the required documents. Hope these below steps will help you to apply very easily to apply for SBI PO 2020.
Steps to Fill SBI PO Online Application:
Here we have explained the SBI PO notification 2020 apply online procedures. Individuals who are applying for this recruitment, follow the procedure given below. So that you can continue the online process in a smooth manner, without any doubts.
- Visit the Official SBI Website.
- There click the SBI PO apply online link. In the first step you have to register your basic information. For that click the tab for new registration.
- After completing the registration process login to your SBI PO online application. For that you should use the login credentials that you got through the registered mobile number and email Id.
- In your application form, fill the details without any mistake.
- At required spaces, upload the relevant scanned documents and submit the application.
- Finally complete your online fee payment.
The size and format of the scanned documents are given below. You should upload the documents in this format only.
|Photograph||200*300 pixels||20 Kb to 50 Kb|
|Signature||140*60 pixels||10 Kb to 20 Kb|
SBI PO 2020 Application Fee:
As mentioned in the SBI PO notification 2020 pdf, the application fee details are mentioned below.
|Application Free for SC / ST / PWD candidates||Rs.125/-|
|Application Fee for General / OBC / EWS candidates||Rs.750|
|Mode of Fee payment||Online|
Get More: SBI PO Apply Online
SBI PO Exam Centres:
- Aspirants Appearing for SBI PO 2020 Exam should mention their preferred centre both for Preliminary and Mains exam in the online application form.
- Allotment of Centre for the SBI Prelims Exam is based on first come-first serve basis.
- The SBI PO Prelims admit card carries the details of Exam Centre and reporting time. No change is Appreciated after the allotment.
- Below table contains the Exam centre list for both SBI PO and SBI Mains Exam 2019.
|State/UT||Preliminary Examination Centre||Mains Examination Centre|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Chittoor, Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundhry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram||Guntur, Kurnool, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam,|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur||Guwahati|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad (Bihar), Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea||Arrah, Patna|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur||Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara||Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar|
|Haryana||Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Yamunanagar||Hissar, Faridabad, Gurugram|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una||Shimla, Solan|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Samba, Srinagar||Jammu, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi||Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Davangere, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi||Bengaluru|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrichur, Thiruvananthapuram||Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain||Bhopal, Indore|
|Maharashtra||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Solapur||Aurangabad, Nagpur, Pune, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai|
|Delhi -NCR||Delhi & New Delhi||Delhi & New Delhi|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur||Bhubaneswar|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Sangrur||Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur||Jaipur,|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Virudhunagar||Chennai, Madurai, Tirunelveli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal||Hyderabad|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Banda, Faizabad, Ghaziabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida/ Greater Noida, Sitapur, Varanasi.||Agra, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Noida/ Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee||Dehradun|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri||Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata,|
SBI PO JOB PROFILE:
- It is important to know the type and nature of tasks performed after being selected as a Probationary Officer.
- After the Selection the candidates undergo a Probation period of 2 years
- Training is conducted to understand banking procedures practically.
- General banking or bank administration role is the main job role of a probationary officer
SBI PO SALARY:
SBI PO Salary: As a Probationary officer in the SBI, the basic grade pay is Rs.27620 which is accompanied by four increments. There are other allowances apart from salary and they are mentioned in the below table in a detailed manner.
|SBI PO Basic Pay||Rs.27,620/- (with 4 advance increments)(in the scale of 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020)|
|Dearness Allowance||This is revised every quarter and is calculated based on CPI (Consumer Price Index). Currently, DA is 46.9% of the basic pay.|
|City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)||This varies with the place of posting at 4% or 3%.|
|Leased House Accommodation||SBI PO may take a house on lease, the amount of which varies with posting between a minimum of. Rs. 8000/- (in rural areas) and a maximum of Rs. 29500/- (in Mumbai).|
|Furniture Allowance||Rs. 120000/- for the purchase of furniture|
|Medical Insurance||100% medical coverage for SBI employees and 75% for their family members|
|Travelling Allowance||For official travels, reimbursement of AC 2-tier fare is provided|
|Petrol||50 Lts (For 2 wheelers) Or 55 Lts (For 4 Wheeler) Or Approx. Rs. 1100-1250, if you don’t have 2/4 wheeler (conveyance allowance).|
Promotion and Career Growth
The career growth of an SBI Probationary officer is as follows-
- Probationary Officer (Assistant Manager, JMGS – I)
- Deputy Manager (MMGS)
- Manager (MMGS)
- Chief Manager (MMGS)
- Assistant General Manager (SMGS)
- Deputy General Manager (TEGS)
- Chief General Manager (TEGS)
- General Manager (TEGS)
SBI PO Syllabus:
There are few changes in the topics interrogated in the Prelims as well as in the Mains Examination of SBI PO Exam. The detailed SBI PO syllabus is mentioned below
SBI PO English Language Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Spotting Errors
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Improvement
- Vocabulary-based Questions
- Word Usage
- Word Exchange
- Spelling Errors
- Match the Columns
SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Miscellaneous Questions on Arithmetic
SBI PO Reasoning Ability Syllabus
- Machine Input-Output
- Puzzles and Seating Arrangement
- Series-based Question (Alphanumeric and Numeric)
- Miscellaneous Questions (Blood Relations, Direction Sense, Order and Ranking etc.)
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern:
The given SBI PO 2020 Exam Pattern is for Probationary Officers Jobs. Actually the preliminary examination of SBI PO 2020 will consist of 100 Marks with 3 subjects included that are Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English Language. It will be an objective type and the time duration will be 1 hour. The exam pattern as mentioned in the SBI PO official notification 2020, is given below. The important schemes of the exam are,
- Marks for each correct answer – 1 mark
- Negative marks for each wrong answer – 0.25 marks (will be deducted)
- Sectional time – 20 minutes for each section.
There is no sectional cut off for this exam. Candidates clearing the overall cut off are called for the mains exam.
|S No.||Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English language||30||30||20 minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern:
SBI PO Mains Exam has 4 Sections and also has a descriptive type test. Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness, English Language, and Descriptive Type Test. Here in the below tabular column you can find the detailed information of Exam Pattern as mentioned in SBI PO notification.
|S No.||Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning ability & computer aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||Data interpretation and analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|3.||General/ Economy/ Banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4.||English language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Descriptive test: Letter and essay writing||2||50||30 minutes|
The SBI PO 2020 Main Examination will be in online mode. There two types of tests will be conducting for SBI PO Mains. One will be an Objective type and the another one will be a Descriptive Test. Both examinations are in online mode only. Objective type has the maximum marks of 200 and the descriptive test is conducted for a total of 50 marks. The Descriptive Test will be immediate after the Objective Type exam. In the mains exam you will lose 1/4th of the marks assigned to the question if your answer is wrong.
As per the SBI PO official notification 2020, the Descriptive Test is conducted for a total time duration of 30 minutes. For a total of 50 marks, you will have to type a Letter Writing & Essay. This test will be conducted in typing mode. The candidates have to type the contents in the computer within the given time period.
As per the SBI PO notification 2020 pdf, the candidates clearing the mains exam are invited for the final round. The final round consists of interview and group exercise.
- Group exercise – 20 marks
- Interview – 30 marks.
Hence the final round is conducted for a total of 50 marks. The mains mark of the candidate is converted to a total of 75. The marks of the final round are converted to a total of 25 marks. If you add these two marks, the candidates’ final score out of 100 is obtained. Similarly, out of 100, a final cut off is fixed to prepare the merit list.
Get More: SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO Cut Off 2019:
There is no sectional Cut off in SBI PO Recruitment since 2018. The same is expected in SBI PO 2020 Recruitment. Depending on the performance in the Online test final selection is made . Check the 2019 Cut off in the below table.
SBI PO Mains Cut Off 2019
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 250)|
|D & E||75.14|
SBI PO 2019 Group Exercise+Interview Cut Off
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 50)|
|D & E||17.50|
SBI PO 2019 Final Cut Off
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Normalised to 100)|
|D & E||33.37|
SBI PO Previous year Question paper.
- If you have a clear idea about the question flow, you can perform better in the examinations.
- Check the Previous year Question papers to have a clear cut idea about the nature of Exam.
SBI PO Preparation:
Tips to Crack SBI PO Exam easily in the first attempt. Be aware of the updated syllabus and exam pattern.
- Aspirants should exactly know the latest pattern of both prelims and mains exam. Awareness of the pattern and syllabus will provide a clear idea about the exam and aspirants will learn without missing any important topics. Aspirants should also be aware of the exact mark distribution of each section.
Create a suitable study plan.
- Make a SBI PO study plan as per your capacity and follow the study plan strictly without convincing to clear the bank exam in the first attempt. Be sure that your timetable covers all the topics in the syllabus.
Handpick best books and resources.
- Your success in the banking examination depends on the source you use for the preparation. Don’t skip other study materials or sources after initiating the learning process, be careful in choosing the right one.
By opting online coaching:
- Through online coaching, you can learn a lot of shortcut methods to solve the questions easily. Choose online classes which have the best faculty team.
Concentrate on your weaker sections:
- Try to take the sample tests provided by the best online coaching classes and try to scrutinize your weaker and strong section. Spend more time for preparation and take more tests on your weaker section.
Practice previous year question papers:
- Practice all the previous year question papers to get on with the flow and it will give an idea about important questions and the bank exam pattern. Practice previous year question papers before appearing for the main exam, you will find it very useful.
Make short notes:
- Making short notes of formulas, shortcut methods etc can be useful for revising before attending the exam. Be careful about the handwriting, make sure you understand when you revise it.
Work on speed:
- No matter if you prepare well, you should be fast enough to complete the exam within the stipulated period. Lack of speed will let you lose the mark. Speed can be attained by regular practice. Always keep an alarm clock with you whenever you practice a mock test, it will be very useful for your main exam.
Develop a standard exam writing pattern:
- Always start with the section you are comfortable with, finish it as soon as possible and then concentrate on the other section. This will save you a lot of time.
Give priority to important topics:
- While preparing for the bank exam, identify the repeated question by referring to the previous year question paper and prepare accordingly. This will help you to score more in the main exam.
Concentrate on all sections:
- Don’t leave any section while preparing for the exam. Try to understand the weightage of all the sections and study accordingly.
Managing time duration:
- Allot time for every topic and try to complete the section within the stipulated time. Time management is the most important part of bank exam preparation.
Read the newspaper regularly:
- Newspapers will give deep insight into general affairs which is the much-needed one for cracking the bank exam. Inculcate the habit of reading the newspaper regularly, it will improve your English language skills. Read editorials from newspapers, learn new words and antonyms for the same.
Save your calculation time:
- Remember tables, square and roots of certain numbers, this will help in saving the calculation time.
Be calm and concentrate:
- Don’t lose your concentration, stay focused and relaxed at the time of examination. Your confidence will lead to success, face the exam with confidence.
Take regular breaks:
- Your mind and body need regular breaks to perform well in the banking examination. Listen to your favourite song and play for some time to keep your mind and body relaxed.
Don’t make a blind guess:
- You should be aware that wrong answers carry negative marks, the aspirants should not answer by making guesses. Negative marks will lead in the opposite direction to success.
Don’t waste extra time on a particular section:
- If you don’t know the answer for a particular question, move on to the next question and don’t stick on the same question as it will milk all your time.
Relax and stay positive.
SBI PO Test Series 2020:
Mock tests are the exact replica of the Main Exam. Take SBI PO Mock Test regularly to identify your weaker section and to get on with the flow,
SBI PO Result
- SBI PO Result 2020 will be announced on its official website for all the stages.
- After the Mains Exam final exam result will be released
- After the official notification, the result link will be added for your convenience.
Interview & Provisional Allotment
- Candidates clearing the Main exam will be eligible for the interview.
- Two Months after the Mains exam the interview will be conducted
- Download the call letter from the official website.
- The Group discussion and Personal Interview consists of 20 and 30 marks respectively.
- The Final selection is based on the marks secured in Mains & interview (GD/PI) round.
Is SBI PO Job Stressful?
In today’s scenario, some people are considering any bank job as stressful. As SBI PO is a high cadre job, there will surely be some difficulties and challenges in the work. But if you enjoy your work it will not be that much stressful. Also clearing the SBI PO exam itself is a hectic task. The candidates clearing this exam will have the talent and qualities to tackle the work pressure. So don’t bother it as a stressful job before you join the bank. Instead, take it as a challenge and enjoy your work. So interested candidates check you eligibility as per the SBI PO notification 2020 pdf, and apply for the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here some FAQs regarding the SBI PO recruitment 2020 notification are added. Candidates check it for your reference.
Q: Is there any bond in SBI PO 2020?
A: Yes there is a bond involved after the final selection. The valuation of the bond is Rs.2 lakhs. It is an agreement that the candidate should work in the bank for a minimum of 3 years.
Q: What is a PO post in SBI?
A: In SBI the PO post means ‘Probationary officer’. The candidates selected as an SBI PO will have the probation period of 2 years.
Q: What is the maximum number of permissible chances for candidates to appear in the SBI PO exam?
A: The candidates have a limit in the maximum chances to appear in the SBI PO exam. It will vary depending upon the category of the candidate. As per the SBI PO recruitment 2020 notification, the maximum chances for candidates are,
- SC / SC (PWD) / ST / ST (PWD) – No restriction
- OBC / OBC (PWD) – 7
- General / EWS (PWD) – 7
- General / EWS – 4
Q: What is the SBI PO Salary ?
A: The basic pay of a StateBank Probationary Officer is Rs 27620 which is accompanied by four increments. Apart from the basic salary there will be allowances.
Q: What is the difficulty level of the SBI PO Exam?
A: Every Year the difficulty level is going to increase. With Proper planning and execution one can clear the upcoming SBI PO exam easily in the first attempt.
- Mention the Age factor for SBI PO Exam 2020?
- The Candidate Should be between 21-30 to appear for SBI PO Exam. Check the Eligibility criteria for more information.
- Mention the Number of Questions and total time given for Descriptive test?
- There are two questions in the Descriptive test. One is Essay writing and the other is letter writing for a maximum of 50 marks which should be completed within 30 Minutes. Check the detailed pattern here.
- Whether the Marks of Prelims exam is considered in the final merit list?
A.No, If you clear the Preliminary round you will be eligible for the Mains round. It has nothing to do with the final merit list.
- Is there negative Marking in SBI PO Exam?
- For every wrong answer, there .25 negative marks.
- How many Questions are there in the Quantitative Aptitude section?
A.There are 35 Questions in Quantitative Aptitude section which should be completed within 20 Minutes