SBI PO Notification 2021 PDF Download: The State Bank of India has released the SBI PO notification 2021 pdf has been released on its official site on 04th October 2021. Here we have updated the complete details of the notification. In the official SBI PO notification 2021-22, you can check the vacancy and exam date details. Here we have provided all the common information such as eligibility criteria, selection process, exam pattern, and more regarding the SBI PO notification 2021 pdf download. So, refer to all the information here and clarify your doubts regarding the SBI PO notification 2021 download. All the aspirants who are waiting for the SBI PO notification 2021 shall check here the complete details. Before that, check your eligibility such as SBI PO 2021 notification age limit, educational qualification, etc. Only candidates will full eligible status can apply online for SBI PO 2021 notification PDF. So first, ensure your eligibility for SBI PO notification pdf 2021.
The SBI PO Recruitment 2021 notification invites online applications from prominent candidates. In the recruitment of SBI PO 2021, the 2 most important eligibility norms are age and educational qualification. The candidates can apply for the exam, if and only if they satisfy all the mandatory norms. Also, the exam fee you are paying is non-refundable. The procedure of selection, application online, and other important details are provided for your reference. SBI PO online application is available up to 25th October 2021 for SBI PO notification 2021.
SBI PO Notification 2021 – Exam Dates:
In the SBI PO notification 2021, you can find every detail in a clear manner. The start and end dates for the online application to the date of the final SBI PO exam are available in the notification. Also, it will discuss all the procedures of the recruitment process in detail. Here the list of important dates is mentioned in the below table.
|Online application start date||05th October 2021|
|Online application end date||25th October 2021|
|The download of call letters for the Online Preliminary Examination||1st /2nd week November 2021 onwards|
|Online Preliminary Examination||November/ December 2021|
|Result of Online Preliminary Examination||December 2021|
|The download of the Call Letter for the Online Main Examination||2nd /3rd week December 2021 onwards|
|Conduct of Online Main Examination||December 2021|
|Declaration of Result of Main Examination||January 2022|
|The download of Call Letter for phase III||1st /2nd week of February 2022 onwards|
|Conduct of Phase III – Interview (Or Interview & Group Exercises)||2nd/ 3rd week of February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result||February / March 2022|
|The download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||1st week of November 2021 onwards|
|Conduct Pre- Examination Training||2nd week of November 2021|
SBI PO Notification 2021 Vacancy:
Candidates are eagerly waiting for the SBI PO notification 2021 date. Now the wait is over. This year the SBI has released a total of 2056 vacancies for various locations. As this is one of the important exams, candidates are preparing in a full-fledged manner. More importantly, candidates will be eager to know the vacancy details. Here we have updated the category-wise vacancy details for your reference.
|Category||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||GEN||Total||LD||VI||HI||d & e|
SBI PO Notification 2021 – Selection Process:
As mentioned in the SBI PO notification 2021, the selection process will take place in 3 stages. They are:
|1st Stage||2nd Stage||3rd Stage|
|Online Preliminary exam||Online Mains exam||Interview (Or Interview & Group Exercises)|
Candidates should pass all the stages to get the provisional allotment order. As it is a 3 stage process with interviews and group exercises, candidates have to work hard. Only candidates with immense talent and hard-working nature can clear this exam.
SBI PO Notification 2021 – Eligibility Criteria:
The SBI recruitment board has given all the information related to the eligibility criteria in the official notification. The hundred percent eligible candidates can apply for the exam. If you are a talented and hardworking candidate, you can easily crack this exam. In this recruitment, candidates have to pass in the three stages of selection. As per the SBI PO notification 2021, the first two stages prelims and mains are the online examinations. The final stage includes group exercise and interview. Here detailed information is provided: qualification, age limit, age relaxation, and other norms the candidate have to fulfill the norms that are mandatory to apply for this post. The SBI PO Eligibility Criteria as per the official notification are discussed here.
Only Indian Citizens can apply for the SBI PO notification 2021.
As per the SBI PO notification 2021, the candidate should have completed a degree in any discipline in a recognized University or its equivalent.
Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.12.2020. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.12.2020. Candidates possessing the qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
As per the SBI PO notification 2021, age limit criteria are,
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum age – 30 years
i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.1999 and not earlier than 02.04.1990 (both days inclusive).
As per the SBI PO notification 2021, age relaxation is applicable to each category. The age relaxation details are given in the below table.
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non creamy layer||3 years|
|PWD (SC / ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (Gen / EWS)||10 years|
As per the SBI PO notification 2021, there are certain cases in which the candidates are not eligible to take the exam. Such cases are given below,
- If a candidate has defaulted in repayment of loans or credit card dues, he is not eligible.
- Candidates whose name adverse report of CIBIL or other external agencies available are not eligible.
- Candidates with an unfavorable report on their character, antecedents, and moral turpitude are not eligible to apply.
So candidates check all the criteria given here. Even if you fail in any one of the norms that is mandatory, you cannot apply for the SBI PO notification 2021.
SBI PO Notification 2021 Apply Online:
Candidates check the SBI PO 2021 apply online dates. Before the final date, submit your completely filled online application. If the applicants do not fulfill even any single criteria, they can’t apply for this exam. As all the details are explained in a clear manner, check them twice before you apply for this exam. If you satisfy the qualifications that are matched with the above notification then start to apply for SBI PO 2021 recruitment notification. When you start to fill up the online application you should keep all the requisites. Fill up the form without any error and upload all the required documents. Hope these below steps will help you to apply very easily to apply for SBI PO notification 2021.
Steps to Fill SBI PO Online Application:
Here we have explained the SBI PO notification 2021 apply online procedures. Individuals who are applying for this recruitment, follow the procedure given below. So that you can continue the online process in a smooth manner, without any doubts.
- Visit the Official SBI Website.
- There click the SBI PO notification 2021 apply online link. In the first step, you have to register your basic information. For that click the tab for new registration.
- After completing the registration process login into your SBI PO online application. For that, you should use the login credentials that you got through the registered mobile number and email Id.
- In your application form, fill the details without any mistake.
- At required spaces, upload the relevant scanned documents and submit the application.
- Finally, complete your online fee payment.
The size and format of the scanned documents are given below as per the SBI PO notification 2021. You should upload the documents in this format only.
|Photograph||200*300 pixels||20 Kb to 50 Kb|
|Signature||140*60 pixels||10 Kb to 20 Kb|
SBI PO notification 2021 – Application Fee:
As mentioned in the SBI PO notification 2021 pdf, the application fee details are mentioned below.
|Application Fee for SC / ST / PWD candidates||Nil|
|Application Fee for General / OBC / EWS candidates||Rs.750|
|Mode of Fee payment||Online|
Get More: SBI PO Apply Online
SBI PO Notification 2021 – Exam Centres:
- Aspirants appearing for the SBI PO notification 2021 Exam should mention their preferred center both for the Preliminary and Mains exam in the online application form.
- Allotment of Centre for the SBI Prelims Exam is based on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The SBI PO Prelims admit card carries the details of the Exam Centre and reporting time. No change is Appreciated after the allotment.
- The below table contains the Exam center list for both SBI PO prelims and SBI PO Mains Exam 2021.
|State/UT||Preliminary Examination Centre||Mains Examination Centre|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Chittoor, Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundhry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram||Guntur, Kurnool, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam,|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur||Guwahati|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad (Bihar), Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea||Arrah, Patna|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur||Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara||Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar|
|Haryana||Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Yamunanagar||Hissar, Faridabad, Gurugram|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una||Shimla, Solan|
|SBI PO Exam Centres 2021
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Samba, Srinagar||Jammu, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi||Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Davangere, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi||Bengaluru|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrichur, Thiruvananthapuram||Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain||Bhopal, Indore|
|Maharashtra||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Solapur||Aurangabad, Nagpur, Pune, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai|
|Delhi -NCR||Delhi & New Delhi||Delhi & New Delhi|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur||Bhubaneswar|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Sangrur||Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur||Jaipur,|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Virudhunagar||Chennai, Madurai, Tirunelveli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal||Hyderabad|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Banda, Faizabad, Ghaziabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida/ Greater Noida, Sitapur, Varanasi.||Agra, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Noida/ Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee||Dehradun|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri||Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata,|
SBI PO Notification 2021 – Job Profile:
- It is important to know the type and nature of tasks performed after being selected as a Probationary Officer.
- After the Selection, the candidates undergo a Probation period of 2 years
- Training is conducted to understand banking procedures practically.
- General banking or bank administration role is the main job role of a probationary officer
SBI PO Notification 2021 – Salary:
SBI PO Salary: As a Probationary officer in the SBI, the basic grade pay is 41,960/- (with 4 advance increments). There are other allowances apart from salary and they are mentioned in the below table in a detailed manner.
|SBI PO Basic Pay||41,960/- (with 4 advance increments)
(in a scale of 36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840)
|Dearness Allowance||This is revised every quarter and is calculated based on CPI (Consumer Price Index). Currently, DA is 46.9% of the basic pay.|
|City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)||This varies with the place of posting at 4% or 3%.|
|Leased House Accommodation||SBI PO may take a house on lease, the amount of which varies with posting between a minimum of. Rs. 8000/- (in rural areas) and a maximum of Rs. 29500/- (in Mumbai).|
|Furniture Allowance||Rs. 120000/- for the purchase of furniture|
|Medical Insurance||100% medical coverage for SBI employees and 75% for their family members|
|Travelling Allowance||For official travels, reimbursement of AC 2-tier fare is provided|
|Petrol||50 Lts (For 2 wheelers) Or 55 Lts (For 4 Wheeler) Or Approx. Rs. 1100-1250, if you don’t have a 2/4 wheeler (conveyance allowance).|
SBI PO Notification 2021 – Promotion and Career Growth
The career growth of an SBI Probationary officer is as follows-
- Probationary Officer (Assistant Manager, JMGS – I)
- Deputy Manager (MMGS)
- Manager (MMGS)
- Chief Manager (MMGS)
- Assistant General Manager (SMGS)
- Deputy General Manager (TEGS)
- Chief General Manager (TEGS)
- General Manager (TEGS)
SBI PO Notification 2021 – Syllabus:
There are few changes in the topics interrogated in the Prelims as well as in the Mains of the SBI PO notification 2021 Exam. The detailed SBI PO syllabus is mentioned below
SBI PO English Language Syllabus
As per the SBI PO notification 2021, the English language syllabus topics are,
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Spotting Errors
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Improvement
- Vocabulary-based Questions
- Word Usage
- Word Exchange
- Spelling Errors
- Match the Columns
SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
As per the SBI PO notification 2021, the quantitative aptitude syllabus topics are,
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Miscellaneous Questions on Arithmetic
SBI PO Reasoning Ability Syllabus
As per the SBI PO notification 2021, the reasoning ability syllabus topics are,
- Machine Input-Output
- Puzzles and Seating Arrangement
- Series-based Question (Alphanumeric and Numeric)
- Miscellaneous Questions (Blood Relations, Direction Sense, Order and Ranking etc.)
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern:
The given SBI PO notification 2021 Exam Pattern is for Probationary Officers Jobs. Actually, the preliminary examination of SBI PO 2021 will consist of 100 Marks with 3 subjects included are Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English Language. It will be an objective type and the time duration will be 1 hour. The exam pattern as mentioned in the SBI PO notification 2021, is given below. The important schemes of the exam are,
- Marks for each correct answer – 1 mark
- Negative marks for each wrong answer – 0.25 marks (will be deducted)
- Sectional time – 20 minutes for each section.
- There is no sectional cut-off for this exam. Candidates clearing the overall cut-off are called for the mains exam.
|S No.||Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English language||30||30||20 minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern:
SBI PO Mains Exam has 4 Sections and also has a descriptive type test. Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness, English Language, and Descriptive Type Test. Here in the below tabular column, you can find the detailed information of Exam Pattern as mentioned in SBI PO notification 2021.
|S No.||Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning ability & computer aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||Data interpretation and analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|3.||General/ Economy/ Banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4.||English language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Descriptive test: Letter and essay writing||2||50||30 minutes|
The SBI PO 2021 Main Examination will be in online mode. Two types of tests will be conducted for SBI PO Mains. One will be an Objective type and the other one will be a Descriptive Test. Both examinations are in online mode only. The objective type has the maximum marks of 200 and the descriptive test is conducted for a total of 50 marks. The Descriptive Test will be immediately after the Objective Type Exam. In the mains exam, you will lose 1/4th of the marks assigned to the question if your answer is wrong.
As per the SBI PO official notification 2021, the Descriptive Test is conducted for a total time duration of 30 minutes. For a total of 50 marks, you will have to type a Letter Writing & Essay. This test will be conducted in typing mode. The candidates have to type the contents in the computer within the given time period.
As per the SBI PO notification 2021 pdf, the candidates clearing the mains exam are invited for the final round. The final round consists of an interview and group exercise.
- Group exercise – 20 marks
- Interview – 30 marks.
Hence the final round is conducted for a total of 50 marks. As per the SBI PO notification 2021, the mains mark of the candidate is converted to a total of 75. The marks of the final round are converted to a total of 25 marks. If you add these two marks, the candidates’ final score out of 100 is obtained. Similarly, out of 100, a final cut-off is fixed to prepare the merit list.
Get More: SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO Cut Off:
There is no sectional Cut off in SBI PO Recruitment since 2018. The same is expected in SBI PO 2020 Recruitment. Depending on the performance in the Online test final selection is made. Check the 2019 Cut off in the below table.
SBI PO Mains Cut Off 2019
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 250)|
|D & E||75.14|
SBI PO 2019 Group Exercise+Interview Cut Off
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 50)|
|D & E||17.50|
SBI PO 2019 Final Cut Off
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Normalised to 100)|
|D & E||33.37|
SBI PO Notification 2021 – Previous year papers:
- If you have a clear idea about the question flow, you can perform better in the examinations.
- Check the SBI PO Previous year Question papers to have a clear-cut idea about the nature of the Exam.
SBI PO Preparation:
Here are some tips to Crack SBI PO 2021 notification Exam easily on the first attempt. Be aware of the updated syllabus and exam pattern.
- Aspirants should exactly know the latest pattern of both prelims and mains exams. Awareness of the pattern and syllabus will provide a clear idea about the exam and aspirants will learn without missing any important topics. Aspirants should also be aware of the exact mark distribution of each section.
Create a suitable study plan.
- Make an SBI PO study plan as per your capacity and follow the study plan strictly without convincing you to clear the bank exam in the first attempt. Be sure that your timetable covers all the topics in the syllabus.
Handpick best books and resources.
- Your success in the banking examination depends on the source you use for the preparation. Don’t skip other study materials or sources after initiating the learning process, be careful in choosing the right one.
By opting for online coaching:
- Through online coaching, you can learn a lot of shortcut methods to solve questions easily. Choose online classes which have the best faculty team.
Concentrate on your weaker sections:
- Try to take the sample tests provided by the best online coaching classes and try to scrutinize your weaker and strong section. Spend more time for preparation and take more tests on your weaker section.
Practice previous year question papers:
- Practice all the previous year’s question papers to get on with the flow and it will give an idea about important questions and the bank exam pattern. The habit of practicing previous year’s question papers before appearing for the main exam will enhance your overall skill.
Make short notes:
- Making short notes of formulas, shortcut methods, etc can be useful for revising before attending the exam. Be careful about the handwriting, make sure you understand when you revise it.
Work on speed:
- No matter if you prepare well, you should be fast enough to complete the exam within the stipulated period. Lack of speed will let you lose the mark. Speed can be attained by regular practice. Always keep an alarm clock with you whenever you practice a mock test, it will be very useful for your main exam.
Develop a standard exam writing pattern:
- Always start with the section you are comfortable with, finish it as soon as possible, and then concentrate on the other section. This will save you a lot of time.
Give priority to important topics:
- While preparing for the bank exam, identify the repeated question by referring to the previous year’s question paper and prepare accordingly. This will help you to score more in the main exam.
Concentrate on all sections:
- Don’t leave any section while preparing for the exam. Try to understand the weightage of all the sections and study accordingly.
Managing time duration:
- Allot time for every topic and try to complete the section within the stipulated time. Time management is the most important part of bank exam preparation.
Read the newspaper regularly:
- Newspapers will give deep insight into general affairs which is the much-needed one for cracking the bank exam. Inculcate the habit of reading the newspaper regularly, it will improve your English language skills. Read editorials from newspapers, learn new words and antonyms for the same.
Save your calculation time:
- Remember tables, squares, and roots of certain numbers, this will help in saving the calculation time.
Be calm and concentrate:
- Don’t lose your concentration, stay focused and relaxed at the time of examination. Your confidence will lead to success, face the exam with confidence.
Take regular breaks:
- Your mind and body need regular breaks to perform well in the banking examination. Listen to your favorite song and play for some time to keep your mind and body relaxed.
Don’t make a blind guess:
- You should be aware that wrong answers carry negative marks, the aspirants should not answer by making guesses. Negative marks will lead in the opposite direction to success.
Don’t waste extra time on a particular section:
- If you don’t know the answer to a particular question, move on to the next question and don’t stick to the same question as it will milk all your time.
SBI PO Test Series 2021:
Mock tests are the exact replica of the Main Exam. Take SBI PO Mock Test regularly to identify your weaker section and to get on with the flow,
SBI PO Result
- SBI PO Result 2021 will be announced on its official website for all the stages.
- After the Mains Exam, the final exam result will be released
- After the official notification, the result link will be added for your convenience.
Interview & Provisional Allotment:
As per the SBI PO notification 2021,
- Candidates clearing the Main exam will be eligible for the interview.
- Two months after the Mains exam the interview will be conducted
- Download the call letter from the official website.
- The Group discussion and Personal Interview consist of 20 and 30 marks respectively.
- The Final selection is based on the marks secured in Mains & interview (GD/PI) round.
Is SBI PO Job Stressful?
In today’s scenario, some people are considering any bank job as stressful. As SBI PO is a high cadre job, there will surely be some difficulties and challenges in the work. But if you enjoy your work it will not be that much stress. Also clearing the SBI PO exam itself is a hectic task. The candidates clearing this exam will have the talent and qualities to tackle the work pressure. So don’t bother it as a stressful job before you join the bank. Instead, take it as a challenge and enjoy your work. So interested candidates check their eligibility as per the SBI PO notification pdf 2021, and apply for the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here some FAQs regarding the SBI PO notification pdf 2021 are added. Candidates check it for your reference.
Q: Is there any bond in SBI PO notification 2021?
A. Yes there is a bond involved after the final selection. The valuation of the bond is Rs.2 lakhs. It is an agreement that the candidate should work in the bank for a minimum of 3 years.
Q: What is a PO post in SBI?
A. In SBI the PO post means ‘Probationary officer’. The candidates selected as SBI PO will have a probation period of 2 years.
Q: What is the maximum number of permissible chances for candidates to appear in the SBI PO exam?
A. The candidates have a limit in the maximum chances to appear in the SBI PO exam. It will vary depending upon the category of the candidate. As per the SBI PO recruitment 2021 notification, the maximum chances for candidates are,
- SC / SC (PWD) / ST / ST (PWD) – No restriction
- OBC / OBC (PWD) – 7
- General (PWD) / EWS (PWD) – 7
- General / EWS – 4
Q: What is the SBI PO Salary?
A. The basic pay of a State Bank Probationary Officer is Rs 41960 which is accompanied by four increments. Apart from the basic salary, there will be allowances.
Q: Whether the Marks of Prelims exam is considered in the final merit list?
A. No, If you clear the Preliminary round you will be eligible for the Mains round. It has nothing to do with the final merit list.
- Is there negative Marking in SBI PO Exam?
- For every wrong answer, there are .25 negative marks.
Q: How many Questions are there in the Quantitative Aptitude section?
A. There are 35 Questions in the Quantitative Aptitude section which should be completed within 20 Minutes