RBI Grade B Syllabus 2021: RBI Grade B Syllabus 2021 is available here!!! Detailed updated RBI Grade B Officer Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2021 is given here for your upcoming RBI Grade B 2021 Exams. Candidates go through this article fully and start the preparation process.
Reserve Bank of India is soon going to release the notification for RBI Grade-B Post. As per the news from the officials, a total of 322 vacancies will be announced for Grade B officers. The selection will be based on the Prelims and Mains examination. After clearing all written exams and interviews will be conducted for the final selection. The RBI Grade-B Prelims exam has scheduled on March 06,2021
In this article, you will get detailed information on the RBI Grade-B syllabus 2021 for prelims and mains exam. There are four sections in the Prelims examination that are Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English Language, and General Awareness. Aspirants can utilize the detailed RBI Grade B syllabus pdf for effective preparation.
RBI Grade B 2021- Important Dates
Below are the tentative dates of the RBI Grade B 2021 recruitment notification:
|Release of RBI Grade B 2021 Official Recruitment Notification||25.01.2021|
|RBI Grade B Registration Began on||28.01.2021|
|Last Day to Submit RBI Grade B 2021 Application Form||15.02.2021|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date for Phase I (Prelims)||06.03.2021|
|Release of RBI Grade B Phase 1 Result||March 2021|
|Release of RBI Grade B 2021 Phase 2 Admit Card||March 2021|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date Phase-II (General)||01.04.2021|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date Phase-II (DEPR and DSIM)||31.03.2021|
|Release of RBI Grade B Phase-II (General) Result||April 2021|
|RBI Grade B Interview Dates||To Be notified later|
|Final Result Declaration||To be Updated|
RBI Grade B Selection Process:
The RBI recruitment board will conduct the selection process based on
RBI Grade B Phase I Prelims Exam Pattern:
The RBI Grade B Phase 1 Prelims Exam is the initial stage of the selection process. The marks obtained from this exam will not be considered for the final selection. But candidates have to clear this phase 1 exam to qualify for the mains exam. The RBI Grade B Phase 1 Prelims Exam Pattern is given here for your reference.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||2 hours|
- The prelims exam is a multiple-choice exam.
- There will be a negative marking of ¼ mark on the wrong answer.
RBI Grade B Mains Exam Pattern:
RBI Grade B Mains Exam is much important one because the marks will be considered for the final selection. So candidates have to give more importance to this exam. The RBI Grade B Mains Exam Pattern is given here for your reference.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|1.||Economics & Social Issues||100||90|
|2.||Finance & Management||100||90|
In the mains exam, the Economies & Social issue paper Finance & Management are Objective type Paper and paper 3rd English is subjective Paper Essay writing, Precision, and Reading Comprehensive.
RBI Grade B Syllabus (Prelims Exam):
There are four sections that come under the prelims examination. The mark distribution and the number of questions will differ in each section. So give attention to each topic based on the exam pattern and the mark distribution. RBI Grade B Marks will not be counted for final Merit but only qualified candidates able to appear on the mains examination. Candidates can also download the updated topics of RBI Grade B syllabus pdf provided in the link below.
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||General Awareness|
|Alphanumeric Series||Number System||Reading Comprehension||Banking & Financial Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification & Approximation||Close test||Monetary Policies|
|Order Ranking/ Direction||Profit & Loss||Para-Jumble||Economic terms|
|Alphabet Test||Mixture & Allegation||Spotting Error||Indian Banking System|
|Data Sufficiency||Surds and Indices||Fill-Ups Single & double Filler||Banking terms|
|Coded Inequalities||Simple & Compound Interest||Paragraph Completion||Current Affairs|
|Puzzle||Speed, Time & Distance||Idioms & Phrases||Award & honors|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Work||Sports|
|Syllogism||Mensuration||Science & Research|
|Tabulation||Permutation & Combination||Government Schemes & Policies|
|Coding & Decoding||Probability||Important dates & Themes|
|Input-Output||Data Interpretation||Static GK|
|Blood Relation||Data Sufficiency||National & International Financial Institutions|
|Ratio & Proportion|
|Number series Wrong & Missing|
RBI Grade-B Syllabus (Mains Exam):
RBI Grade Officers selection will be based on three-phase examination Prelims and Mains & Interview. In the mains exam, three-section are asked two are objective type and the third is subjective. The score of the Mains exam will be calculated for final merit.
RBI Grade B Mains syllabus contains 3 different topics namely
(i) Economic & Social Issues
Detailed Mains RBI Grade B Syllabus topics are available below.
Click here to download the RBI Grade B syllabus pdf
Economic & Social Issues – RBI Grade B Syllabus (Mains):
- Growth and Development
- Economic Reforms in India
- Globalization, Opening up of the Indian Economy, Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy
- Social Structure in India
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- International Economic Institutions, IMF and World Bank, WTO, Regional Economic Co-operation
- Social Structure in India, Multiculturalism, Demographic Trends, Urbanization and Migration, Gender Issues
- Social Justice: Positive Discrimination in favour of the underprivileged, Social Movements.
- Indian Political System, Human Development, Social Sectors in India, Health, and Education
Finance – RBI Grade B Syllabus (Mains):
- Financial System: Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions, Reserve Bank of India- functions, and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
- Financial Markets: Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.)- Functions, instruments, recent developments.
- Union Budget: Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies, WPI, CPI – components, and trends.
- Risk Management in Banking
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, & Swap
- Development in the Financial Sector
- Financial Inclusion – use of technology
- Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
Management – RBI Grade B Syllabus (Mains):
- Nature and scope: The Role of a Manager in an Organisation.
- Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal, Potential appraisal, and development, Feedback, and Performance Counselling Career Planning – Training and Development, Rewards, Employee Welfare.
- Communication: Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
- Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
- The Management Processes - Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling;
- Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader, Leadership Styles & Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
English Descriptive: (Writing Test)
A descriptive type of skill test will be conducted for 100 Mark to check the language proficiency of the candidate. Essay Writing, Precision, etc.
RBI Grade-B Syllabus FAQ:
Q. How Many phases are in the RBI Grade B exam?
A. There are three phases in the exam Prelims (Objective Type Test), Mains Both Subjective and Objective Type exam, and then Interview.
Q. When will RBI Grade B 2021 Notification release?
A. Grade B notification released on 25th January 2021.
Q. Is RBI Grade B Mains Exam is a subjective type?
A. No, the whole Exam is not subjective type the Paper 1 & Paper -2 are objective and Paper-3 English is Subjective which is writing Skill.
Q. Is RBI Grade B Syllabus different from other Banking exams?
A. The Mains exam syllabus of other Banking exams is the same as the RBI Grade B Prelims. But the Mains Grade B syllabus is different.
Q. Is there sectional timing in the RBI Grade B Prelims exam?
A. No, there is no sectional timing in the Grade B prelims exam.