IBPS Clerk 2019 FAQ’S – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for IBPS
This year IBPS clerk notification is released with 12075 vacancies. Before applying for the exam students clear all your doubts related to the exam. Here we are presenting the most common doubts and questions in the minds of the candidates. It will be helpful for your reference before applying for the exam.
1) What is the Start and End Date for Online Registration of IBPS Clerk-IX exam?
|Online Registration Start date||17.09.2019|
|Online Registration End date||09.10.2019|
2) What is the Application Fee for Ibps clerk exam to the candidates of various categories?
|For SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|For all others||Rs. 600/-|
3) In which mode we can pay the fees for IBPS Clerk Exam?
Candidates can make payment only through the online mode. You can pay by debit card or credit card or net banking.
4) What are the exam dates (Tentative Dates) for IBPS clerk?
|Preliminary Exam||07.12.2019 & 08.12.2019|
5) What are the tentative dates for the exam result declaration?
|Preliminary Exam Result||December 2019/ January 2020|
|Mains Exam Result (Final Result)||April 2020|
6) When can we download the exam call letter (Tentative Dates)?
|For Preliminary Exam||November 2019|
|For Mains Exam||January 2020|
7) Are there any changes in IBPS Clerk-IX preliminary and mains Exam Pattern?
No. there are no changes. The old pattern continues for this year too, for both prelims and mains exam.
8) Will there be any GD round or interview after the mains exam?
- No. Mains exam is the final round of the IBPS clerk recruitment.
- A Language Proficiency Test will be conducted by the participating bank. You have to clear it to get the posting. Or else you will be disqualified.
9) Is the IBPS Clerk-IX Recruitment an online or offline exam?
IBPS Clerk will be conducted in Online (Both Preliminary and Mains exam).
10) In which language the IBPS clerk exam is conducted?
In both English and Hindi, the exam will be conducted. You can choose any language as per your wish.
11) Are there any limits on how many numbers of attempts candidates can take the IBPS Clerk Exam?
There is no such limits. If you fulfill all the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the exam.
12) What is the education qualification for IBPS Clerk-IX?
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
13) I am in the final year of my graduation. Could I apply for the IBPS clerk exam?
All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 9.10.2019. If you fulfill these norms you can still apply for the exam.
14) Is there any percentage criterion in IBPS Clerk-IX Recruitment?
- No, there is no minimum percentage required to apply for the IBPS clerk recruitment. A candidate needs to be a just graduate to be eligible to apply for this exam.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA are awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application.
15) How to Calculate the Percentage?
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any) multiplied by 100. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
- The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
16) What are the age eligibility criteria to apply for IBPS Clerk Exam?
- age limit is Minimum of 20 years and Maximum of 28 years.
- A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1991 and not later than 01.09.1999 (both dates inclusive).
Apart from the IBPS clerk 2019 age limit, there is age relaxation for candidates mentioned below. This is as per the IBPS clerk 2019 notification pdf.
|Other Backward Classes||3 years|
|Physically challenged people||10 years|
|Widows, divorced women, women separated from husbands who did not remarry||9 years|
|Individuals domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during 01.01.1980-31.12.1989||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled ex-servicemen||Total service period contributed to defense forces + 3 years(8 years for Disabled ex-servicemen from SC/ST caste) can have a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Persons who were affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
|Employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal diminished from service(Only for Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
17) What are the documents need to be uploaded while applying for the IBPS Clerk-IX Exam?
|S. No.||List of Documents||Important Points||Size of File||Dimensions||File Type|
|1.||Photograph||Photograph must be a recent passport-style colour picture.|
Make sure that the picture is in color, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white background.
|20kb – 50kb||200 x 230 pixels|| |
jpg / jpeg
|2.||Signature||The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink Pen.||10kb – 20kb||140 x 60 pixels|
|3.||Left Thumb Impression||The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue ink.||20kb – 50kb||240 x 240 pixels|
|4.||Hand Written Declaration||The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper with black ink.||50kb – 100kb||800 x 400 pixels|
- The signature, left thumb impression and the handwritten declaration should be of the applicant and not by any other person.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet or Call letter, signed at the time of the examination, does not match the signature uploaded, the applicant will be disqualified.
- The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged.
- Signature / Handwritten declaration in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
18) What is the text for the handwritten declaration?
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
This handwritten declaration should be written in black pen. Then it should be scanned and uploaded in the prescribed format and size.
19) What is the Selection Process for IBPS Clerk exam?
The selection process for IBPS Clerk 2019 is divided into two phases:
20) What is the Preliminary Exam Pattern of IBPS Clerk-IX?
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100||100||1 hour (60 minutes)|
21) What is the Mains Exam Pattern of IBPS Clerk-IX?
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability &|
|4.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
22) Is there any Penalty for Wrong Answers?
If you mark wrong answer 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question is deducted as the penalty. This penalty is applicable for both the prelims and mains exam. If you have not answered a question there is no negative marking for that.
23) Is there any cut-off in the exam?
For both prelims and mains exam, you have to clear the sectional and overall cut-offs.
24) What is the salary structure of IBPS Clerk-IX Recruitment?
IBPS Clerk Salary and Perks: The basic pay of an IBPS Clerk is Rs. 11765/- per month, in the scale of Rs. 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540. In addition to this, IBPS Clerks are also entitled to other special pay and allowances.
25) How many vacancies are announced for IBPS Clerk Exam?
IBPS has released the notification for total 12075 vacancies.
26) Will the vacancies be increased for this recruitment?
The notification for the IBPS clerk 2019 has released with 12075 vacancies. This is 4800 more than last year vacancy of 7275. we should wait and watch to know if the vacancy goes up further.
27) Which Test Series is good for IBPS Clerk Exam?
IBPS Guide is providing the Test Series as per the latest and updated pattern for every bank exam. Purchase our IBPS Clerk Test series for attaining your dream career.
28) How should I prepare for the IBPS Clerk-IX Exam if I have a 9 to 10 hour job?
Practice daily atleast 1 hour. It is more than enough. But your main target is weekends. Practice more mock tests in the holiday period.
29) Is it possible to crack IBPS Clerk exam in my first attempt?
With very good study plan and preparation materials you can start your practice. Work hard and follow the study plan strictly. Attempt mock tests at regular intervals. In this way, you can clear the IBPS clerk exam in the first attempt.
30) What should I daily follow in my preparation for the IBPS Clerk exam?
Daily you have to practice at least mini mock tests having 10 to 20 questions. it will help you to analyze your preparation.