Updated RBI Grade B Exam Pattern Here. Reserve Bank of India is one of the most talked-about recruiters amongst government job aspirants. RBI recruits for Grade-B Post for working out through the day to day activities in the bank, maintaining the cash inflow and order in the bank. Exam Pattern for RBI Grade-B comprises 2 stages of online examination followed by an interview round. Read this blog in detail to know every detail about the RBI Grade B exam pattern and syllabus.
Get More – RBI Grade B Eligibility
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2021
The RBI Grade B exam consists of 3 stages which are as follows :
- Phase – I Examination
- Phase – II Examination
The exam pattern consists of two phases of online examination naming Prelims and mains exam that is followed by an interview stage. The nature of the questions to be answered by the candidate also varies as Phase-I or Prelims only contains objective type questions. In contrast, Phase-II or mains requires candidates to write explanatory answers as well. Let’s have a look at the exam pattern for both of these stages.
Check the table below to know the breakdown of the RBI Grade B exam pattern 2021 Phase– I:
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern Phase 1
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||80||80||A composite time of 120 minutes is provided to the candidate.|
- The Questions asked will be bilingual (asked in both English & Hindi) except for English Language Section.
- A total of 200 questions will be asked which will carry 1 mark each. Thus, the total score of the entire Phase-I Exam will be around 200 Marks.
- There is also Negative Marking for the first round of the selection process of the RBI Grade B exam.0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong question attempted.
- There will be no deduction in marks if candidates leave any question unanswered or unattended.
Check the table below to know the breakdown of the RBI Grade B exam pattern 2021 for Phase – II:
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern (Phase II)
|Name of the Paper||Type of the Paper||Duration (in minutes)||Marks|
|Paper I Economic & Social Issues||Objective Type||90||100|
|Paper-II English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive Type||90||100|
|Paper III Finance & Management||Objective Type||90||100|
- The Phase-II Exam will consist of Both Subjective & Objective Types of questions.
- Except for the English Section, all the questions asked will be bilingual (available in both English & Hindi).
- In the RBI Grade B exam pattern, sectional timing of 90 minutes is provided for each paper.
- Just like the Prelims Exam, there will be negative marking in this phase of examination as well.0.25 marks will be deducted for every question attempted wrong
- No marks will be deducted for unattended questions.
RBI Grade B Interview:
The final phase of the recruitment is the interview. Candidates who qualify for the first two phases of the written examination are called for an interview. The RBI Grade B interview is conducted for 50 marks. The final selection of a candidate is based on the marks scored in the phase II exam and interview combined together. The prelims are only qualifying in nature and marks obtained by a candidate in the prelims are not considered while making the final merit list. The minimum aggregate cut-off marks for being shortlisted for the Interview will be decided by the Board in relation to the number of vacancies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the marking scheme of RBI Grade B?
A. The Phase I exam consists of 200 marks, Phase II exam consists of 300 marks and the interview holds 50 marks.
Q. What is the mark allotted for each paper of RBI Grade B Phase II exam?
Ans. The RBI Grade B phase II exam has three papers , each carries 100 marks.
Q. Is there negative marking in the Phase-II exam?
A. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks allotted to that question for each wrong question.
Q. What is the RBI Grade B exam pattern Phase 1?
A. The RBI Grade B phase1 exam consists of 200 questions, for 200 marks and having the time duration of 120 minutes.
Q. Is there any sectional timing of RBI Grade B PhaseII?
Ans. Yes, In the RBI Grade B exam pattern sectional timing of 90 minutes is provided for each paper.