The RRB ALP 2021 recruitment is one of the most important exams in the Railways department. In this recruitment of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP), the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has set up the selection procedure and other criteria. .It is an online objective exam which has a normal eligibility of 10th pass & ITI/Diploma in Engineering. The recruitment drive will be organized and managed by one of the 21 Regional Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) for all the regions. In this blog we will cover all the aspects of RRB ALP examination covering important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, salary break-up ,preparation tips etc. Candidates read all the information given here about the RRB ALP 2021 recruitment
RRB ALP 2021 : Important Dates
Here the important dates about the RRB ALP 2021 recruitment are given in the table. Use this tentative schedule and create your study plan for the exam.
|Events of RRB ALP 2021 Recruitment||Tentative Dates|
|Online application form||To be out soon|
|Last Date for application fee Payment||To be out soon|
|1st stage Computer Based Test (CBT)||To be out soon|
|2nd stage Computer Based Test (CBT)||To be out soon|
|3rd stage Computer Based Test (CBT)||To be out soon|
RRB ALP notification
RRB ALP notification contains all the important information needed by the candidate about the examination process and job profile. It contains various details which are given below
- Important dates
- Eligibility criteria
- Selection process
- Application fees
- Exam pattern
- Apply online guidelines
- General instructions etc
How to fill the RRB ALP 2021 Application form?
- RRB ALP and Technician application form have to be filled online through different regional RRB websites. Online application procedure and application fees remain the same for all railway zones. Find the complete RRB ALP online application process below:
- Step 1- Visit respective RRB websites to find the online application link for RRB ALP and technician, click on the link.
- Step 2- Complete registration process by entering your name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, aadhaar number, state, community, SSLC/Matric Roll number, year of passing SSLC/Matric, mobile number, and email-id.
- Step 3- Submit the details entered. Post completion of RRB ALP registration, OTPs (One Time Password) shall be sent to the registered mobile number and email along with the registration details. Keep the details in safe.
- Step 4- In the next part of the application form, candidates need to provide details of Educational qualification, Community, Gender, Religion, Caste/Category, etc. Save the details.
- Step 5- In the next part of the application, candidates will be directed to the online payment section. Payment can be made online and offline, both. For online payment, candidates can choose net banking/credit card/debit card/UPI and in case of offline payment, Bank Challan or Post Office Challan can be availed.
- Step 6- After successful online payment, candidates will be automatically redirected to Part II of the application for more details such as detailed educational qualification, choice of exam language for first and second stage CBT, etc.
- Step 7- Upload your recent photograph (scanned). Find the photograph specifications below –
- Step 8 – Candidates belonging to SC/ST have to upload a scanned copy of their SC/ST certificates (JPG/JPEG format, 50kb – 100kb) also for availing the facility of free travel authority (Second Class Railway Pass).
- Step 9 – Click on the declaration box to assert that all details provided are correct. Proceed to final submission. Submit the application form.
- Step 10 – Take a printout of the application form and preserve it for future references.
RRB ALP Photograph Specification
- Find the table below to get all details:
|Image||Dimensions||Format||Size of file (max)|
|Photograph||3.5 cm x 3.5 cm||.jpg/ .jpeg||20- 50 KB|
|Signature||3.5 cm x 3.5 cm||.jpg/ .jpeg||20 – 50 KB|
|Caste Certificate||—||.jpg/ .jpeg||50- 100 KB|
Non – refundable RRB ALP 2021 application fee for the processing of application will be drawn from the candidates as follows.
- Rs.500/- Application fee for General and OBC category candidates.
- Rs.250/- for SC / ST / PwD / Transgender / Female / Minorities / Economically Backward classes.
Note: Application Fees
- Each applicant must pay the non-refundable application fees of RRB ALP 2021.
- They can pay the fees through the online mode by using Debit/ Credit card, or Net Banking.
- Fees can also be paid by offline mode using SBI e-Challan and Post Office Challan.
- Candidates must enter the necessary payment details on the bank page and save a copy of the receipt of the transaction.
- After all the above steps are completed, participants must carefully go through the application form and rectify any mistakes made while filling it.
- A confirmation page of the RRB ALP 2021 application will be generated which should be printed out for future correspondence.
RRB ALP 2021 Application Form Correction
Candidates who have made any mistake while filling RRB ALP 2021 Application Form can rectify it. They must go to the official regional RRB website and click on the ‘Modify Application’ link on the registration panel. Applicants must first pay a fee of INR 100 regardless of their category to edit an application. They will have 2 options for correction in RRB online applications which are given below:
Modify application in the same RRB: Individuals can rectify their applications within the RRB to which they have already applied.
Modify Application and apply to different RRB: They can also opt to apply to a different RRB altogether.
After paying the fee, participants can choose the RRB to which they wish to re-apply. The application form they have already submitted will be canceled and a new Registration Number for the new RRB will be generated. Candidates can log in again with the new Registration number and complete the further process.
The following fields cannot be changed: Name of the applicant, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, email ID, and Mobile number.
This is the only opportunity to edit the form so aspirants are advised to be very cautious while modifying the application form.
Assistance of Scribe
Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates / candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral Palsy / candidates with one arm / candidates with muscular weakness can avail the assistance of SCRIBE for writing answers on their behalf. For engaging the scribe, candidates will have to indicate the same while filling ONLINE form. Engagement of SCRIBE will be subject to the following conditions:
- Candidates will have to arrange for the Scribe on their own.
- Separate e-admit card will be issued to Scribe accompanying the candidates.
- The candidate shall be responsible for any misconduct on the part of the Scribe brought by him/her during the examination.
- The Scribe so arranged should not himself/herself be the candidate for the notification for which the candidate is appearing. Also same Scribe should not be engaged for more than one candidate and to this effect the Scribe and the Candidate shall give a declaration. Any violation, if detected at any stage will render both Candidate & Scribe disqualified.
Candidates opting for Scribe will have to provide additional details as per Annexure-V(D) for Scribe during submission of ONLINE application form, so that RRBs can issue e-admit card for Scribes and the same shall be signed by both Candidate and Scribe. Change of Scribe is not permissible at the exam venue and hence it is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure availability of Scribe for the exam. However, under exceptional circumstances, the change may be allowed duly recording reasons and filling the relevant details including photograph of the Scribe.
- Candidates availing the assistance of a Scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of examination.
- All one eyed candidates and candidates whose visual degree of disability is less than 40% shall not be considered as Visually Handicapped persons and the provision for engaging Scribe shall not be applicable to them.
- Selected PWD candidates will be subjected to medical examination by Railway Medical Authorities at the time of appointment and only those conforming to the Medical Standards as laid down in the Indian Railway Medical Manual and other extant provisions, as the case may be, will be eligible for appointment.
RRB ALP Vacancy:
In the official notification, you can get complete details regarding the zone-wise RRB ALP 2020 vacancy. Also, you can check the category-wise vacancy details.
RRB ALP Eligibility:
The eligibility details of the RRB ALP recruitment 2021 are listed below.
Candidates should possess the following age limit to apply for the ALP & Technician posts
- Minimum – 18 years
- Maximum – 28 years
|Name of the Community||Age Relaxation|
|SC /ST||5 years|
|PWD||UR – 10 yearsOBC – 13 years
SC /ST – 15 years
|Jammu & Kashmir Domicile||5 years|
|Railway Staff – (Group ‘C’ & ‘D’)||UR – 40 yearsOBC – 43 years
SC /ST – 45 years
|Candidates from Quasi-Administrative offices of Railways||5 years|
|Widowed / Divorced / Judicially separated women||UR – 35 yearsOBC – 38 years
Sc / ST – 40 years
|Course Completed Act Apprentices applying for the posts for which minimum qualification is ITI/Course Completed Act Apprenticeship||Shall be relaxed to the extent of Apprentice Training undergone by them under the Apprentice Act 1961.|
|Candidates who are Course Completed Act Apprentice under the Apprenticeship Act before attaining the age of 25 years||UR – 35 yearsOBC – 38 years
Sc / ST – 40 years
- Candidates should have the Educational/Technical qualifications indicated for notified posts in the CEN from recognized Institute/University as on the closing date for submission of the ONLINE application.
- Annexure-A may be referred for the prescribed qualification against each of the posts. Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational/technical qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering will not be accepted in lieu, of course, completed Act Apprenticeship / ITI for the post of Technicians unless otherwise specified.
- Graduate Act Apprentice will not be accepted in lieu of Course Completed Act Apprenticeship (CCAA).
For the very much detailed information, check the official notification of the RRB ALP 2020.
RRB ALP Salary
The RRB Assistant Loco Pilot salary will have basic pay additional to the various allowances and perks. Railway provides a lot of benefits to its candidates apart from fixed basic salary. Besides, they are eligible for yearly increments.
RRB ALP Salary after 7th Pay Commission
The Railway Employ are categorized into four groups (Group D, C, B, A). The eligibility Norms and Salary Structure are different for each group post. The RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Jobs is fallen under Group “C” Post. Aspirants who want to join Railways ALP posts should go through ALP Salary after 7th Pay.
|RRB ALP Pay & allowances||Salary|
|Dearness allowance (DA)||1066|
|House rent allowance (HRA)||2132|
|Night duty allowance (NDA)||2012|
RRB ALP Recruitment – Selection procedure:
Job seekers for the posts mentioned in will be selected based on their performance in the following screening process
- First Stage CBT
- Second Stage CBT
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test (For ALP Only)
- Document Verification
RRB ALP Exam Pattern
Here we have added the RRB ALP 2020 exam pattern. With this you can know about the complete exam scheme, timings, marking schemes, etc.
RRB ALP Exam Pattern – First Stage CBT
- RRB ALP Exam Pattern for the First Stage CBT has been provided below.
- The Online Test will be conducted for 75 marks
- The time duration of the exam will be 1 hour.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
RRB ALP Exam Pattern – Second Stage CBT
- The RRB ALP Recruitment online examination will be conducted for 120 questions
- Each question carries 1 marks
- The time duration of the online exam is 2 hrs 30 minutes.
|Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|Basic Science & Engineering||25||25|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs||25||25|
|Part B||(Check Below)||–||75||60 Minutes|
Part B questions for the Qualifying test will be selected from the following disciplines:
Electrical & Combination of Electrical Engineering
- Electrician / Instrument Mechanic / Wireman / Winder (Armature) / Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic.
Electronics & Combination of Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Mechanic / Mechanic Radio & TV
Electronics & Combination of Mechanical Engineering
- Fitter / Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Tractor Mechanic / Mechanic Diesel / Turner / Machinist / Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic/ Heat Engine / Millwright Maintenance Mechanic
Automobile & Combination of Automobile Engineering
- Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Tractor Mechanic / Mechanic Diesel / Heat Engine / Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
HSC(10+2) with Physics and Maths
- Electrician / Electronics Mechanic / Wireman
Computer-Based Aptitude Test (CBAT)
Computer-Based Aptitude Test is a must for candidates who have opted for ALP. The candidate needs to secure a minimum score of 42 marks in each of the test batteries to qualify. This is applicable to all candidates and there will be no relaxation. The Computer Based Aptitude Test shall have questions and answer options only in English and Hindi. There shall be no negative marking in the Computer Based Aptitude Test.
RRB Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)Job Profile
RRB ALP and technician job profile a lot of work they need to look after. The responsibilities of an Assistant Loco Pilot include:
- Work as per directives of the Loco Pilots.
- To Assist Loco Driver with the fine-tuning of the locomotives.
- Assessment of the locomotive to check its efficiency.
- Minor repairing of the locomotives.
- Spotting the defects in the tracks and report them.
RRB ALP Career Growth
There is good growth in ALP post within 3 years and the Assistant loco pilot can be promoted to senior assistant loco pilot.
- Assistant Loco Pilot
- Senior Assistant Loco Pilot
- Loco Pilot
- Loco Supervisor
RRB ALP Syllabus
Here we have added the section-wise syllabus topics of the RRB ALP exam 2020.
General Awareness – RRB ALP 2021 Syllabus
- Current Affairs (National and International).
- Major Financial/Economic News.
- Budget and Five Year Plans.
- Books and Authors.
- Awards and Honors.
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries.
- Important Days.
- International and National Organizations.
RRB ALP Syllabus for Arithmetic
- Number System.
- HCF, LCM.
- Decimal Fractions.
- Ratio and Proportions.
- Unitary Method.
- Time and Distance.
- Time and Work.
- Profit and Loss.
- Simple and Compound Interest.
- Mensuration (2D and 3D).
- Data Interpretation.
General Intelligence Syllabus
- Figures and Pictures.
- Space Visualization.
- Decision Making.
- Arithmetical Number Series.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Visual memory.
- Verbal and Figure Classification.
RRB ALP Syllabus for Reasoning
- Number Series.
- Alphabet Series.
- Test of Direction Sense.
- Number Ranking.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- A problem on Age Calculation.
- Blood Relations.
- Decision Making etc.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Mirror Images.
- Cubes and Dice.
- Grouping Identical Figures.
- Embedded Figures etc.
General Science Syllabus
- Environmental Studies.
- Biology etc.
RRB ALP Syllabus for Technical Subjects
- Thermo Dynamics.
- Energy, Material.
- Energy Conservation.
- Applied Mechanics.
- Turbo Machinery.
- Production Engineering.
- Automation Engineering.
- Kinetic Theory.
- The Strength Of The Material.
- Metal Handling.
- Refrigerators And Air Conditioned.
- Machine Design.
- System Theory.
- IC Engines.
- Heat Transfer.
- Thermo Dynamics.
- Materials Applying Motion.
- The Power Plant Turbines and Boilers.
- Metallurgical Production Technology.
- Electrical India.
- Rolls, Cables.
- Proved To Be The Fundamental Electrical System.
- An Alternative System Single Phase Motor.
- Three Phase Motor System.
- Light, Magnetism.
- Electronics and Communication
- The Transistor.
- Digital Electronics.
- Networking And Industrial Electronics.
- Electronic Tube.
- Semi-Conductor Physics.
- Robotic Radio Communications Systems And Satellite Matters.
- Computer And Micro Processor.
RRB ALP Preparation Tips
- Candidates first note the completely updated syllabus and exam pattern of the RRB ALP 2021 exam.
- Mark your Weak Zones and give high priority for those topics.
- At the same time don’t avoid practice for your strong topics.
- Your preparation plan for the RRB ALP 2021 exam should cover all the areas.
- In your daily preparation, divide your available study time and focus on all the subjects.
- Check RRB ALP previous year cut offs to set your preparation standard.
- Mock tests plays a vital role in every exam these days. While preparing for RRB ALP keep taking mock tests and sectional tests on a day to day basis.
- As per the weightage, concentrate on each subject take mock tests. So that you can get a good improvisation. Your probability of success will also go higher.
- Make a separate study practice notes for each subject. Use it for revision at regular intervals.
- If you do not allow time for revision at regular intervals, then you will surely feel the exam pressure so high.
- So it is well and good to do regular revision for all subjects.
If you want to be a winner in the RRB ALP 2021 recruitment, follow all these preparation tips without fail. Also, check RRB ALP previous year question papers for reference. Practice more with RRB ALP 2021 mock tests to increase your capacity to score more marks.
RRB ALP Books
The following books are key to success for the RRB ALP exam. Candidates are advised to go for online mock tests after completion of these books to hold a better grip on the subjects.
|RRB ALP Papers||RRB ALP Best Books||Publications|
|Mathematics||Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
Book by Rajesh Verma
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. RS Aggarwal
|General Science||NCERT books for respective subtlest||NCERT|
|General awareness & current affairs||Lucent’s General Knowledge
|Basic Science & Engineering||Basic Science & Engineering for Indian Railways (RRB) Assistant Loco Pilot Exam 2018 Stage II
RRB ALP 2021 Admit Card:
Visit the official web page often to download e-admit card. The Admit card carries all the important information about exams such as examination date, examination place, candidate’s name, roll number, gender, and other details. And it is mandatory to carry the Admit card to the examination hall. Download the admit card from the link provided below.
Steps to Download RRB ALP Admit card:
Find the guidelines below to download RRB ALP admit card from the respective regions. Candidates can use the above link before that should ensure your region which belongs to you.
- Keep ready with your Login ID and password to download the RRB ALP E-Call letter
- In case you forgot your login ID/ Password, go to the login page and give “Forgot Password?” then you can reset your password.
- Click on the above link for your respective region.
- It will redirect to RRB ALP Admit card Page.
- Enter the valid credentials such as Login/Registration ID, Password, and Security Code
- Give submit. then you will get the RRB ALP Call letter.
- Download and Take a print out
- Carry on to the exam hall.
RRB ALP Exam Result:
After the successful completion of each stage, the RRB will declare the result. Aspirants can check results on the official website. An applicant needs to log on to the official website to know the result of each examination. Or as an alternate click on the direct link given below for easy access.
How to Check RRB ALP Result?
The result will be released in the PDF file and candidates can easily download the file. On the basis of students’ performance in written examination and aptitude test RRB ALP final result will be declared. All the shortlisted candidates will be called for Aptitude Test and Document Verification.
Following steps help students to check RRB ALP Result:
- Visit the official website of RRB
- Click on the News & Recruitment tab on website’s menu bar
- Then click on the Railway Recruitment Board
- Click on the desired official website of RRB
- Click on the Result tab
- Students will be redirected to another page
- Search and click on the ALP Result link
After clicking on the link, the result will be displayed on the screen as PDF format. Candidates can download and take the printout of the result for future references.
RRB ALP Recruitment – FAQs
Candidates check the FAQs related to the RRB ALP 2021 recruitment notification.
Q: What is the selection process for RRB ALP 2021 recruitment?
A: The selection process will have 3 stages.
- First Stage CBT
- Second Stage CBT
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test (For ALP Only)
Q: Is there any sectional time for the RRB ALP exam?
A: There is no sectional timing.
Q: What is the age limit to apply for the RRB ALP 2021 recruitment?
A: 18 to 28 years.