IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019 – IBPS clerk exam has been conducted every year since 2011. Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection is the exam conducting authority. This is the 9th recruitment of IBPS clerk. This year IBPS announced IBPS Clerk 2019 notification with 12075 vacancies. The candidates should fulfill all the IBPS clerk eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification. The IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2019 includes some important norms on educational qualification, nationality, age, etc. The candidates should meet up with all the norms to apply for the IBPS clerk exam. The main question for the candidates before applying for the exam is ‘What is the qualifications for bank clerk?’. This article deals with all the norms and qualifications required to apply for the IBPS clerk exam. Candidates refer all the information here before you fill the online application form.
To meet the eligibility criteria don’t provide any wrong data. It may lead to the disqualification of the candidates at any stage. So fill the online application form carefully and provide only the correct details.
Take IBPS Clerk Free Mock test Online
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Clerk 2019
IBPS Clerk 2019 Eligibility Criteria are as follows
- Nationality/ Citizenship
- Age limit
- Educational Qualification
A Candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit (as on 1st Sep 2019):
- Minimum- 20 years
- Maximum- 28 years
A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1991 and not later than 01.09.1999 (both dates inclusive)
Age Relaxation: Upper Age Limit
Age relaxation will be applicable for each category as mentioned in the table.
Age Relaxation permitted
|Other Backward Classes (Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities||10 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
The aspirants of IBPS Clerk must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from the recognized University.
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidates should have the valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate with the indication of the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation.
- Computer Literacy: students should have knowledge of operating and working in computer systems. It is mandatory that candidates should fulfill any one of the following criteria in terms of computer knowledge. Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer /Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language: The candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT, where he applied for the exam.
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the civil examination qualifications should be matriculate ExServicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 9.10.2019. Such certificates should be dated on or before 9.10.2019.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019 for PWD Candidates:
Under section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for Reservation. The reserved categories of disabilities mentioned under this Act are namely:
- OC category- A person’s inability to execute distinctive activities associated with the movement of self and objects resulting from affliction of the musculoskeletal or nervous system or both, including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Muscular Dystrophy and Acid Attack Victims.
- VI category- These candidates are visually impaired suffering from blindness and low vision.
- HI category- This category includes the hearing-impaired candidates.
- ID category- Persons with intellectual disability will come under this category.
Guidelines for persons with Benchmark Disabilities using a Scribe:
For visually impaired candidates and the candidates whose writing speed is affected can use scribe according to the guidelines of IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2019.
- The scribe arrangement can be done by the candidates as per their wish.
- The scribe can be from any academic stream.
- Both the candidate as well as the scribe, are required to submit a valid undertaking confirming that the scribe meets all the required eligibility criteria for a scribe. Or else the IBPS may cancel the candidature of the applicant.
- The candidates with the scribe will have the extra time of 20 minutes for every hour of the exam.
- The scribe should not be a candidate of the IBPS clerk exam. Or else the IBPS will cancel the candidature of both.
- If the Candidates are eligible and wish to have a scribe should have clearly mentioned it in the application form. The IBPS will not accept the last time requests.
- The compensatory time is allowed only if the candidates applied for it. so if the candidates not applied for it, then the benefit is not given.
Guidelines for persons with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy:
IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2019 states that a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour is allowed. This is only for the persons affected with a minimum of 40% impairment.
Guidelines for persons with Visual Impairment:
- The candidates with a minimum of 40% visual impairment are allowed to view the test in the magnified font. Also, they are eligible for the compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour
- In addition, the visually impaired candidates who have a scribe are not allowed to view the test in the magnified font.
Guidelines for persons with Intellectual Disability:
IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2019 states that a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour is given only for the persons with a minimum of 40% intellectual disability (either having a scribe or not) such as autism, mental illness, and specific learning disability.
More Related Articles: