IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2021: Candidates appearing for the IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam should satisfy the following eligibility criteria: Nationality, Age limit, and educational qualification. Before applying for the post, candidates should check the IBPS Clerk exam eligibility criteria 2021 thoroughly. As a part of the recruitment process, document verification is done, if any candidates are found ineligible then they are rejected. So, before applying for the exam check the IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2021 here.
IBPS Clerk 2021 Dates:
The IBPS clerk 2021 important dates for all the recruitment stages are given clearly in the table. Confirm your eligibility as per the IBPS clerk 2021 eligibility criteria standards and start to apply for the exam.
|IBPS Clerk 2021 Events||Tentative Dates|
|IBPS Clerk notification 2021 release date||07th October 2021|
|IBPS Clerk online application starts from||07th October 2021|
|IBPS Clerk online application ends on||27th October 2021|
|The download of all call letters for IBPS Clerk Pre Exam training||November 2021|
|IBPS Clerk online pre-exam training||November 2021|
|Prelims Exam call letter download||November/December 2021|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||December 2021|
|Result of Prelims exam||December/January 2022|
|The download of call letter for online exam Main||December/January 2022|
|Conduct of online examination main||January/February 2022|
|Declaration of Final result||April 2022|
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2021
Check various norms as per the IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2021.
Nationality / Citizenship
To satisfy the norms of nationality under the IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2021, a Candidate must be:
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
A candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Degree: As per the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria 2021, a candidate should have a degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a Government of India recognized college/ university. Candidates having any equivalent qualification that is recognized by the Central Government are also eligible to apply.
Other Requirements: Computer Literacy is a must. Candidates must possess operating as well as working knowledge of Computer Systems. For this, candidates should have:
- Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate in Computer Operations/ Language (Or) Should have studied Computer/ Information Technology as one of the subjects in High School/ Institute/ College.
Proficiency in Local Language: Candidates should also be proficient in the language of the state from which they are applying. This means that the candidates should know how to read, write and speak the official language of the state of union territory from which they are applying.
- In cases where the college/ university provides CGPA or OGPA, candidates need to convert the same into the percentage, up to 2 places of decimal, and accordingly fill it in the application form.
- The selected candidates are also required to produce a certificate, mentioning the university norms for the grade to percentage conversion as well as the percentage of marks that the student has secured, and it should be signed by an appropriate authority.
- For candidates from colleges/ universities where a web certificate is released or the result is published online, the candidates must produce a relevant document, signed by the appropriate authority, in original, with clear mention of the candidate’s date of passing.
- Candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into a percentage and indicated in the online application. The candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- Ex-servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should matriculate Ex-servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union.
The IBPS clerk 2021 age eligibility criteria are:
- Age is another factor that affects the eligibility of a candidate.
- To apply for IBPS Clerk Exam, candidates must be at least 20 years and the maximum age limit is 28 years.
- Although IBPS Clerk notification has laid down the limitations pertaining to age, there are relaxations for certain sections of people.
Relaxation of Upper Age limit :
The relaxation in the upper age limit to SC / ST / OBC candidates is allowed on a cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above.
|Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||the actual period of service rendered in the defense forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled ExServicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows, divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2021 for PWD Candidates:
Under section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for Reservation. For them, there are certain IBPS clerk eligibility criteria standards. The reserved categories of disabilities mentioned under this Act are namely:
- OC category- A person’s inability to execute distinctive activities associated with the movement of self and objects resulting from affliction of the musculoskeletal or nervous system or both, including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Muscular Dystrophy, and Acid Attack Victims.
- VI category- These candidates are visually impaired suffering from blindness and low vision.
- HI, category- This category includes the hearing-impaired candidates.
- ID category- Persons with intellectual disabilities will come under this category.
Guidelines for persons with Benchmark Disabilities using a Scribe:
Visually impaired candidates and the candidates whose writing speed is affected can use scribe according to the guidelines of IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2021.
- The scribe arrangement can be done by the candidates as per their wish.
- The scribe can be from any academic stream.
- Both the candidate as well as the scribe, are required to submit a valid undertaking confirming that the scribe meets all the required eligibility criteria for a scribe. Or else the IBPS may cancel the candidature of the applicant.
- The candidates with the scribe will have the extra time of 20 minutes for every hour of the exam.
- The scribe should not be a candidate for the IBPS clerk exam. Or else the IBPS will cancel the candidature of both.
- If the Candidates are eligible and wish to have a scribe should have clearly mentioned it in the application form. The IBPS will not accept the last time requests.
- The compensatory time is allowed only if the candidates applied for it. so if the candidates have not applied for it, then the benefit is not given.
Guidelines for persons with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy:
IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2021 states that a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour is allowed. This is only for the persons affected with a minimum of 40% impairment.
Guidelines for persons with Visual Impairment:
The IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2021 for the VI category states:
- The candidates with a minimum of 40% visual impairment are allowed to view the test in the magnified font. Also, they are eligible for the compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour
- In addition, the visually impaired candidates who have a scribe are not allowed to view the test in the magnified font.
Guidelines for persons with Intellectual Disability:
IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2021 states that a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour is given only for persons with a minimum of 40% intellectual disability (either having a scribe or not) such as autism, mental illness, and specific learning disability.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2021 – FAQs
Check FAQs on IBPS clerk eligibility criteria 2021 here.
Q. How many attempts for IBPS Clerk Exam?
A. There is no limit in the number of attempts for the IBPS Clerk Exam.
Q. What is the IBPS Clerk Exam age eligibility criteria 2021?
A. Candidates applying should be between the age of 20 to 28 years.
Q.How to apply for IBPS Clerk Exam?
A. You can apply for the IBPS Clerk exam via online mode.
Q.Mention the Qualifying marks is a graduate degree?
A. There are no Qualifying Marks.