IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 for Prelims & Mains Exam (Topic-Wise): IBPS has released the updated exam pattern and syllabus for IBPS PO 2020. Start your IBPS PO preparation by understanding the IBPS PO syllabus 2020 which is the foremost step. The selection procedure of the IBPS PO is a three-stage process. The first step for the examination is the preliminary test. The second stage is the mains exam. And the last and final stage of the selection procedure is the personal interview. So without the IBPS PO syllabus 2020, you cannot make your study plan in a proper manner.
IBPS has released the dates for the preliminary and mains stages of IBPS PO 2020. The IBPS PO 2020 Prelims will take place on 3, 10 October 2020, 5 and 6 January 2021. The IBPS PO Mains 2020 exam will be conducted on 4 February 2021. The IBPS PO syllabus 2020 for the prelims and the mains exam are mostly similar with slight changes. So thoroughly go through the complete IBPS PO syllabus 2020 and make note of it without any mistake.
IBPS PO 2020 Online Application Reopened
IBPS PO (CRP- PO/MT-X) Application Form has been Re-opened by IBPS for candidates how we’re not able fill their Online Application.
It has been decided by the competent authorities to hold an additional cycle of Online
Preliminary Examinations under CRP- PO/MT-X for the post of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee by releasing this Supplementary Advertisement in continuation
of the detailed advertisement dated 04.08.2020. This process is only for the following
categories of applicants.
- Who attained the eligibility in terms of educational qualifications by 11.11.2020.
- Who could not register successfully from 05.08.2020 to 26.08.2020
|Online registration including Edit/Modification of Application & Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||5 Aug–11 Nov 2020|
|Admit Card available||22 Sep–11 Oct 2020|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||3, 10 Oct 2020
5 & 6 Jan 2021
|Online Examination – Mains||4 February 2021|
All those who had applied successfully during the registration window for CRP PO/MT-X
from 05.08.2020 to 26.08.2020 and were called for the Online Preliminary Examination
during October 2020 should NOT apply for that post.
The last date of eligibility, in terms of educational qualifications, is changed to 11.11.2020. For other terms and conditions, candidates are requested to refer to the Detailed Advertisement of CRP PO/MT-X dated 04.08.2020. Revised Vacancies as received unto 26.10.2020 have been updated in the detailed advertisement on IBPS authorized website.
IBPS PO Vacancy 2020-21: Updated Vacancies
This year IBPS PO Vacancy released is 3517. Canara Bank is the latest Bank to increase Vacancies. The total vacancy of IBPS PO 2020-21 is now out and we have listed the bank-wise vacancy details for you below. The number of vacancies plays a major role in the cut off declaration. Check the vacancy list in the table below. Here you can also know the category-wise vacancy for each bank.
- Number of Vacancies for this year: 3517 (Updated)
Participating Organization SC ST OBC EWS UR Total Out of Which (PWBD) HI OC VI ID Bank of Baroda 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Bank of India 110 55 198 74 297 734 8 7 7 7 Bank of Maharashtra 37 18 67 25 103 250 NR NR NR NR Canara Bank 315 157 567 210 851 2100 21 21 21 21 Central Bank of India 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Indian Bank NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR Indian Overseas Bank 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Punjab National Bank NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR Punjab & Sind Bank 14 6 21 8 34 83 0 0 0 0 UCO Bank 53 26 14 35 141 350 7 4 4 29 Union Bank of India NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR Total 529 262 948 352 1426 3517 36 38 34
|IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus||IBPS PO Mains Syllabus|
With the clear and comprehensive IBPS PO syllabus available, you can make your own study plan for exam preparation. Also in your preparation don’t omit any topic from the IBPS PO syllabus.
In addition, Separate the topic based on your strength and weakness. First, cover the weakest familiar topics. Based on the IBPS PO previous year’s paper analysis you can get the most commonly asked topics on the previous year.
By covering the full IBPS PO syllabus in your preparation you can face the exam with full confidence. So as much as possible prepare all the topics from the IBPS PO syllabus completely.
In this way of preparation from the IBPS PO syllabus, you can secure more marks. So in this article, you can get complete guidance to crack IBPS PO Exam without any hurdle.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Selection Process:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
Topic-Wise IBPS PO Syllabus 2020
Exam Pattern for IBPS PO 2020 Prelims
The preliminary exam is the very first stage of IBPS PO recruitment. Clearing the sectional and overall cutoff of the prelims exam is necessary to pass on for the mains round. The preliminary exam of IBPS PO 2020 will have three sections namely Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language.
- Reasoning section- 35 questions. Also, the time duration for this section is 20 minutes.
- Quantitative aptitude section- 35 questions. Also, 20 minutes of time duration is given for this section.
- English language section- 30 questions. Also, 20 minutes of time duration is allotted for this section.
- Each section has a sectional timing of 20 minutes. So, you cannot swap between the sections.
- There is a negative mark of 0.25 for each wrong answer. So avoid fluke works.
|Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 mins|
|Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 mins|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 mins|
In case you haven’t applied yet for the IBPS PO 2020, make sure you click on the link given below to fill the IBPS PO 2020 Online Application:
Take Exclusive Paid Mock Test Series:
- 10 Full-Length IBPS PO Mains Mock test – @ Rs. 199
- 10 Full-length IBPS PO Prelims Mock test – @ Rs. 199
IBPS PO 2020 Syllabus (Topic Wise) for Prelims Exam
|Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
IBPS PO 2020 Mains Exam Pattern
The mains exam of IBPS PO 2020 includes 4 sections namely Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness. Clearing the main exam cutoff is very important for the candidates to enter the interview round. Also, the mains exam marks are considered for the final score calculation. Try to score maximum marks in this test. Also, you have to clear both the sectional and the overall cutoff.
- The reasoning section has 45 questions and the total marks for this section are 60. Also, the time allocated for this section is 60 minutes.
- The English language section has 35 questions and the total marks for this section are 40. The time duration given for this section is 40 minutes.
- For the quantitative aptitude section, 35 questions will be given and the total marks for this section are 60. A total of 45 minutes is given for this section.
- In the general awareness section, 40 questions are asked. The total marks for this section is 40 and the total time given for this section is 35 minutes.
- You cannot swap between the sections as sectional timing is there.
- After all 4 sections got completed, the descriptive test will appear on the screen. In this test, you have to type a letter-writing and an essay. The total marks for this section is 25 and the time allocated for this test is 30 minutes.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & computer aptitude||45||60||60 mins|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 mins|
|3||Data interpretation & analysis||35||60||45 mins|
|4||General economy & banking awareness||40||40||35 mins|
|Descriptive test( Letter writing & Essay)||2||25||30 mins|
Table Showing IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 Topic Wise Mains:
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||English Language||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Verbal Reasoning||Internet||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness|
|Percentage||Circular Seating Arrangement||Keyboard Shortcuts||Vocabulary||General Knowledge|
|Ratio and Percentage||Linear Seating Arrangement||Computer Abbreviation||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Double Lineup||Microsoft Office|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling||Computer Hardware|
|Quadratic Equation||Input-Output||Computer Software|
|Interest||Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Problems of Ages||Directions and Distances||Networking|
|Profit and Loss||Ordering and Ranking||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance, and Time||Coding and Decoding|
|Time and Work||Code Inequalities|
|Permutation and Combination
|Mixture and Allegations|
Here the Complete IBPS PO Study Plan 2020
IBPS PO Interview:
In IBPS PO 2020 exam, the final stage is the interview process. Also, the final selection is based on the marks obtained in the mains exam and interview process. The marks scored in the mains exam and the interview is taken in the 80:20 ratio respectively. Try to score more marks in the mains exam. A minimum of 40% marks should be attained to clear the interview round for general candidates. Also, for the reserved candidates, the interview cutoff is 35%.
- The first impression is the best impression as far as the interview round is concerned. So, dress in a neat manner. Prefer formal shirts and pants. Avoid casual shirts and jeans. Also, groom your hair properly.
- Enter the interview hall with permission. After entering the hall, greet all the members of the interview panel. Also, carry a confident smile and don’t lose your cool at any stage of the interview. Maintain good body language.
- Give your resume to the interviewer and take the chair after their words. Also, maintain a good eye-contact with every member in the panel
- Be thorough with all the current affairs of the past six months, static GK questions, banking terminologies, etc. Also, answer every question in a bold and correct manner. If you don’t know the answer to any question just admit it politely. Also, don’t give inappropriate answers to those questions and irritate the panel members.
- Don’t be overconfident and also maintain your temper. If you fail in these factors your chance is almost over.
- Develop your communication skills as it is the most important skill in the personal interview round.
- After completing the interview shake hands with the interviewer if offered. Then leave the hall silently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the application fee for IBPS PO 2020?
A: For General: ₹600
All other candidates: ₹100
Q: What is the age limit for IBPS PO 2020?
A: Minimum: 20 years
Maximum: 30 years
Q: What is the required educational qualification for IBPS PO 2020?
A: Candidate must be a graduate to apply for the IBPS PO 2020
Q: What are the dates for the IBPS PO preliminary test?
A: The IBPS PO 2020 preliminary test will be conducted on 3, 10 Oct 2020, 5 & 6 Jan 2021
Q: How many sections are there in the IBPS PO mains stage?
A: There are 4 sections in the IBPS PO mains stage:
1. English Language
2. Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
3. Data Analysis and Interpretation
4. General, Economy/Banking Awareness