The RRB Group D exam is one of the most anticipated recruitment exams in our country. On the behalf of the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), the Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) conducts this RRB Group D recruitment exam. Here we have provided the complete details about this RRB Group D recruitment 2019-20.
RRB Group D 2019-20 – complete details
In this RRC Group D recruitment 2020, candidates will be selected for the posts like Assistant Pointsman, Hospital Assistant, Assistant Bridge, etc. Here we have provided the very important details of this recruitment process. Candidates check your eligibility status and do your Railway Group D apply online process. Before that check the tentative dates of various events related to the RRB Group D 2020 recruitment.
RRB Group Date Exam Date – latest update
As per the official notification released by Indian railways on 5th September 2020, the CBT 1 of RRB/RRC Group D exam would start from 15th Dec 2020. More than 1 lakh vacancies were announced for various RRB group D posts in 2019. This is one of most awaited exams in India, with more than 2 crore applicants have applied for it.
The tentative dates for submitting your RRB Group D online application, admit card release, exam, and other related events are available here.
|RRB Group D Recruitment 2019-20 Tentative Dates|
|Release of Notification||March 2019|
|Online Application||Mar to April 2019|
|Exam Date||15 December 2020|
|Result||To be announced|
RRB Group D Apply Online
For Railway Group D apply online process, follow steps given here as per the notification. With the official notification, you can refer to the apply online dates.
- Log in to the official website of RRB.
- You can see the apply online link in the careers section. Click the apply online link and start your registration process.
- In the registration process provide details of your personal information.
- After completing registration, get the login credentials. Use it and open your RRB Group D online application form.
- Complete your application form without leaving any of the mandatory fields empty.
- Upload the scanned documents at necessary places.
- Submit your application and pay the application fee through online or offline mode.
Complete details of RRB Group D Application Status
- Photograph of size 35mm X 45mm (JPG/JPEG format) with name and date printed on it.
- It should be scanned with 100 DPI.
- The permissible size of the photograph must range between 20-50 KB.
- The SC / ST should upload the scanned copy of their SC / ST certificates (JPG / JPEG format, 50kb – 100kb). It is to avail the free travel facility (Second Class Railway Pass).
In the table the RRB Group D application fee details are available. You can pay the application fee through internet banking or debit/credit cards or SBI Bank Challan Payment mode or Post Office Challan Payment mode.
|Category of Candidate||Application Fee|
|Candidates other than the fee concession category||Rs.500 (Rs.400 will be refunded duly on appearing in CBT)|
|SC / ST / PWD / Female / Ex-Serviceman / Minorities / Transgender /|
/ Economically backward class
|Rs.250 (This fee of 250 will be refunded duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in CBT).|
RRB Group D Vacancy
The RRB Group D 2019-20 notification, complete vacancy details are provided. It contains RRB Group D region-wise vacancy list. You can easily check the category vacancy available for each post.
- RRB Group D 2019 vacancy – 103769
In the previous Railway Group D recruitment conducted in 2018, a total of 62907 vacancy were announced.
As per the Railway Group D notification 2020, the candidates have to satisfy a set of eligibility norms. Only then they can participate in this selection process. The list of RRB Group D 2020 eligibility criteria are,
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
Here the list of people belonging to various nations who can apply for RRB Group D recruitment are given. In this list, other than Indian Citizens, all others should provide the eligibility certificate.
- Citizens of India or Bhutan or Nepal
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Persons of Indian origin migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, East African Countries of Zambia, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
The RRB Group D age limit details are,
- Minimum Age – 18 years
- Maximum Age – 33 years
Also, the age relaxation is available for the candidates as per the category.
|ST / SC candidates||5 years|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen candidates with a minimum of 6 months of continuous service after the attestation||Up to extent of service|
in Defence + 3 years
|PWD candidates||UR||10 years|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||13 years|
|SC / ST||15 years|
|Candidates have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Candidates serving Group ‘D’ and Erstwhile Group ‘C’ Railway Staff, Substitutes|
and Casual Labour in Railways with 3 years of minimum service (Either in continuous or broken spells)
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||43 years|
|SC / ST||45 years|
|Candidates working in Quasi Administrative offices of the|
Railway organization such as Co-operative Societies, Railway Canteens, and Institutes
|Up to the period of service rendered|
(or) 5 Years, whichever is lower.
|Women candidates, who are widowed, divorced or judicially separated from husband but not remarried||UR||35 years|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||38 years|
|SC / ST||40 years|
|Course Completed Act Apprentices who are applying for posts with minimum qualification of ITI / Course Completed Act Apprenticeship.||will be relaxed up to the extent of Apprentice Training undergone by them under the Apprentice Act 1961.|
|Candidates those who have started Act Apprentice under the Apprenticeship Act before the age of 25 years||UR||35 years|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||38 years|
|SC / ST||40 years|
The Railway Group D educational qualification details are,
- ITI / 10th Pass from NCVT / SCVT recognized institutions or its equivalent Or National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) provided by NCVT.
- 10th Pass + National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) provided by institutions recognized by NCVT / SCVT.
- Candidates awaiting for final exam results of the prescribed qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
- Diploma / Engineering Degree will not be accepted in place of completed Act Apprenticeship / ITI.
- Graduate Act Apprentice is not accepted in place of Completed Act Apprenticeship.
RRB Group D Salary
The salary details of Railway Group D,
- Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix basic salary of Rs.18000/-
- plus various allowances at that time.
Read more about RRB group D Salary and Job profile details here
The RRB Group D selection process includes,
- Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
RRB Group D Exam Pattern
The RRB Group D exam pattern for the computer-based test is given below.
- Total mark for the exam is 100.
- The total exam time duration is 90 minutes.
- The negative mark for each wrong answer is 1/3rd of the mark assigned to each question.
- From the CBT, candidates will be shortlisted for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
|Railway Group D CBT Exam Pattern|
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Time Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||30|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs||20|
|Physical Efficiency Test|
RRB Group D Syllabus
|Name of Subject||Topics|
|Mathematics||Number system, LCM, HCF, BODMAS, Age Calculations, Ratio and Proportion, Decimals, Fractions, Time and Distance, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Simple and Compound Interest, Algebra, Profit and Loss, Elementary Statistics, Geometry and Trigonometry, Square root, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern, etc.|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Syllogism, Analogies, Coding and Decoding, Alphabetical and Number Series, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Jumbling, Interpretation and Sufficiency, Venn Diagram, Data Conclusions, and Decision making, Analytical Reasoning, Similarities and Differences, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions, etc.|
|General Science||The 10th standard level syllabus covering Physics, Chemistry, and Life Sciences.|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs||Sports, Culture, Science & Technology, Personalities, Economics, Politics, and any other subjects of importance.|
Full RRB Group D Syllabus
Here we have provided the preparation tips for all the sections of the RRB Group D CBT exam.
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
In the reasoning section, practice will make you perfect. Even if it is an easier topic, don’t ignore the practice. Only then you can find the areas where you make mistakes. Syllogism, inequalities, coding-decoding, direction sense, etc topics that will gain you marks very easily. Railway Group D 2020 mock test practice, will help you to convert all your weak zones into the strong zones.
For this topic, you have to cover the basic topics of school standard physics, chemistry, and life science.
- For each day, cover certain topics from physics, chemistry, and life science.
- On long term preparation, you can easily cover more than 90% of the topics.
- Revise all the concepts that are confusing in nature.
- Attend RRB Group D mock tests and improve your subject knowledge.
- Practice with previous year question papers.
In this section, more calculations and complex formulas are involved. So learn all the basic maths operations and practice them rigorously. Additionally, learn more short cut methods which will save time for you. Speed and accuracy are more important. So, don’t get panic during this section. Only RRB Group D 2020 mock test practice helps you to develop accuracy, speed, and time management skills.
General Awareness on Current Affairs:
For the Railway Group D exam, focus more on this section. Because this is the section in which many candidates will fail to score mark. So study well and revise all the data regularly. In free time attempt more quizzes. f you score more in this section, then your success probability will be higher.
RRB Group D Admit Card
The RRB Group D admit card will release on the official website. To download your admit card, follow the steps given below.
- Go to the official website of RRB.
- In the careers section, click the RRB Group D 2020 exam admit card download link.
- Give the details of your registration number and password.
- Enter the captcha code and press the login button.
- Take a printout of the RRB Group D admit card. Without the exam admit card, you cannot take part in the exam.
RRB Group D Result
The Railway Group D result will release on the official website. After the completion of each stage, the candidates will wait for the result status. The first result of the recruitment is for the Computer-based test. The candidates passing in this result will take part in the physical efficiency test. The merit list will release after the completion of the physical efficiency test.
Regional RRB Website Links
|Ahmadabad||Click Here to Apply|
|Ajmer||Click Here to Apply|
|Allahabad||Click Here to Apply|
|Bangalore||Click Here to Apply|
|Bhopal||Click Here to Apply|
|Bhubaneshwar||Click Here to Apply|
|Bilaspur||Click Here to Apply|
|Chandigarh||Click Here to Apply|
|Chennai||Click Here to Apply|
|Gorakhpur||Click Here to Apply|
|Guwahati||Click Here to Apply|
|Kolkata||Click Here to Apply|
|Mumbai||Click Here to Apply|
|Patna||Click Here to Apply|
|Ranchi||Click Here to Apply|
|Secunderabad||Click Here to Apply|
RRC Railway Group D Recruitment – Click Here for Official Website
Here we have added some FAQs related to the RRB Group D 2020 recruitment.
Q: What is the RRB Group D 2019-20 selection process?
A: The section process involves a computer-based test, Physical efficiency test, and document verification.
Q: What is the total mark for the RRB Group D online Computer-based exam?
A: The total mark for the computer-based test (CBT) is 100.
Q: Is there any sectional time for the RRB Railway Group D Computer-Based Test?
A: For this test, there is no sectional time limits. In the given 90 minutes you can swap between the sections.
Q: What is the negative mark for the RRB Group D Computer-Based Test?
A: 1/3rd of marks assigned to the question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Q: In RRB Group D Computer-Based Test, how many sections are available?
A: The test includes 4 sections – Mathematics, General Science, General awareness on current affairs, and General Intelligence & Reasoning.
Q: What is the permissible age limit for RRB Group D 2020 recruitment?
A: 18 to 33 years.
Q: I belong to Bhutan. Can I apply for the Railway Group D 2020 recruitment exams?
A: Yes you can apply. You should have the eligibility certificate provided by the government.
Q: What is the Railway Group D 2020 application fee?
A: The RRB Group D application fee is,
- SC / ST / PWD / Female / Ex-Serviceman / Minorities / Transgender / Economically backward class – Rs. 250.
- Other candidates – Rs.500.
Q: What is the age relaxation for SC / ST candidates in RRB Group D 2020 recruitment?
A: For SC / ST candidates, 5 years of age relaxation is available.
Q: What is the RRB Group D basic pay scale?
A: The selected candidates will get basic pay of Rs. 18000/- per month.
Note: Keep following us, as IBPS Guide publishes the important government notifications at the right time with a detailed and essential description of eligibility criteria. Don’t miss any important notifications.