The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has announced notification has officially releases the recruitment notification for filling the various post. Now, through the SSC CGL Exam 2019, the vacancies under the Group “B” and Group “C” post are going to be filled. Further, The examination date for SSC CGL Tier 1is tentatively conducts from02-03-2020 to 11-03-2020. Hope many of you are going to apply for the SSC CGL 2019-20. Here, few years back some changes were introduced in the SSC CGL Tier I exams. The time duration of SSC CGL Tier 1 has been changed to 60 minutes. So knowing a proper exam pattern will give you a clear cut idea about SSC CGL Examination 2019-20. Aspirants can get the details from the below table.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2019:
Initially, all the aspirants who are applying for the SSC CGL Exam 2019-20 will have various selection process. Now, all the aspirants will appear for the SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier 1 Exam initially. Further, the selected aspirants will appoint for different posts in various departments, ministries, and subordinate offices. The selection will be based on 4 phase process such as Tier I, Tier II, Tier III & Tier IV. Tier II. Now, this is the right time to Kick Start your preparation for SSC CGL with proper Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Further, we can make an acute preparation for grasp the SSC CGL Exam Pattern. Here, aspirants can read and schedule your time for SSC CGL Exam preparation.
- Tier – I Exam – Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II Exam – Computer Based Examination.
- Tier – III Exam – Descriptive paper
- Tier – IV Exam – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGL Exam Pattern – Tier I
SSC CGL Tier 1 exam will be an Objective type question through an online exam. Also, there will be Four Sectional topics are there for SSC CGL Tier I that are General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Comprehension. Each section is carrying 25 questions. Totally SSC CGL Tier 1 holding 200 marks with the time duration of 60 Minutes. Every single questions of the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam will carry 2 marks.
|Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
- The exam will have 200 Marks in 60 Minutes. Each wrong answer leads to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections. But there is no Sectional Cutt off for SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern.
- Visually handicapped candidates can get extra timing 20 minutes.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2019 – Tier II
- SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern – There are Four Papers which come under SSC CGL Tier II. Each Paper has 2 Hours exam Duration
- The paper I and II will be common for all. Statistics for Statistical Investigator Gr-II & Compiler posts.
- General Studies is for Finance & Economics which comes under Group – B.
- 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in English Language & Comprehension paper.
- 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in Paper I, Paper III, and Paper IV
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities (For All)||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension (For All)||200||200||2 Hours|
|3||Statistics (For Statistical Investigator Gr-II & Compiler posts)||100||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics – Group – B)||100||200||2 Hours|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern – Tier III
SSC CGL Tier 3 is descriptive type exam it is mainly designed to check the written skills and language proficiency of the applicants in English/Hindi. It is pen and paper mode and fully offline based. In this section, candidates should write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis.
- SSC CGL Tier 3 will be 60 minutes’ time duration with 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
|Descriptive Type Paper in English/Hindi||100||60 Minutes|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern – Tier IV
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2018 has DEST and CPT test.
DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): This test specially made to know the typing skill of the candidates to know their accuracy on a computer. With 15 minutes of time duration, the candidates should finish 2000 key depressions.
CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): The CPT test compress with 3 different modules that are Word, Spread Sheet, and Generation of Slides, for some posts. The candidates need to clear the following post CSS (Assistant), Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC] & Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC], MEA(Assistant), Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC].
|SSC Tier IV||Time Duration|
|Computer Proficiency Test / DEST (Data Entry Speed Test)||45 Minutes|