The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has announced the updated official calendar for the recruitment of candidates for filling the various post. Now, through the SSC CGL Exam 2020, the vacancies under the Group “B” and Group “C” post are going to be filled. Further, The examination date for SSC CGL Tier 1 will be conducted from 29th May 2021 to the 7th of June 2021. Hope many of you are going to apply for the SSC CGL 2020-21. Here, a few years back some changes were introduced in the SSC CGL Tier I exams. The time duration of SSC CGL Tier 1 has been changed to 60 minutes. So knowing a proper exam pattern will give you a clear cut idea about SSC CGL Examination 2020-21.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020:
All the aspirants will have to appear for the SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier 1 Exam initially. Further, the selected aspirants will appoint for different posts in various departments, ministries, and subordinate offices. The selection will be based on 4 phase process such as Tier I, Tier II, Tier III & Tier IV. Now, this is the right time to Kick Start your preparation for SSC CGL with proper Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Further, we can make an acute preparation strategy to grasp the SSC CGL Exam Pattern. Here, aspirants can read and schedule your time for SSC CGL Exam preparation.
- Tier – I Exam – Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II Exam – Computer Based Examination.
- Tier – III Exam – Descriptive paper
- Tier – IV Exam – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGL Exam Pattern – Tier I
SSC CGL Tier 1 exam will be an Objective type question through an online exam. Also, there will be Four Sectional topics are there for SSC CGL Tier I that are General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Comprehension. Each section is carrying 25 questions. Totally SSC CGL Tier 1 holding 200 marks with the time duration of 60 Minutes. Every single question of the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam will carry 2 marks.
|Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
- The exam will have 200 Marks in 60 Minutes. Each wrong answer leads to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections. But there is no Sectional Cutt off for SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern.
- Visually handicapped candidates can get extra timing 20 minutes.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020 – Tier II
- SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Pattern – There are Four Papers that come under SSC CGL Tier II. Each Paper has 2 Hours exam Duration
- Paper I and II will be common for all. Statistics for Statistical Investigator Gr-II & Compiler posts.
- General Studies is for Finance & Economics which comes under Group – B.
- 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in English Language & Comprehension paper.
- 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in Paper I, Paper III, and Paper IV
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities (For All)||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension (For All)||200||200||2 Hours|
|3||Statistics (For Statistical Investigator Gr-II & Compiler posts)||100||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics – Group – B)||100||200||2 Hours|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern – Tier III
SSC CGL Tier 3 is a descriptive type exam it is mainly designed to check the written skills and language proficiency of the applicants in English/Hindi. It is pen and paper mode and fully offline based. In this section, candidates should write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis.
- SSC CGL Tier 3 will be 60 minutes’ time duration with 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
|Descriptive Type Paper in English/Hindi||100||60 Minutes|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern – Tier IV
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2020 has DEST and CPT test.
DEST (Data Entry Speed Test):
This test specially made to know the typing skill of the candidates to know their accuracy on a computer. With 15 minutes of time duration, the candidates should finish 2000 key depressions.
CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):
The CPT test compress with 3 different modules that are Word, SpreadSheet, and Generation of Slides, for some posts. The candidates need to clear the following post CSS (Assistant), Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC] & Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC], MEA(Assistant), Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC].
|SSC Tier IV||Time Duration|
|Computer Proficiency Test / DEST (Data Entry Speed Test)||45 Minutes|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
Q. When will be SSC CGL 2020 conducted?
Ans. SSC has released a calendar for the exams to be conducted in 2021. The tier I of SSC CGL will be conducted from 29th May 2021 to the 7th of June 2021.
Q. What will be the mode of SSC CGL 2020 examination?
Ans. Among the four tiers of SSC CGL Tier I and II will be computer based and tier III will be descriptive type.
Q. What is the application fee for SSC CGL 2020-21?
Ans. For General: Rs 100
For SC/ST/OBC/PwD/Female: Nil
Q. What is the time limit for a data entry test?
Ans. There is a time limit of 15 minutes in which the candidates should finish 2000 key depressions.
Q. Is there any negative marking for SSC CGL 2020?
Ans. Yes, the negative marking varies for all the phases.
- For Tier I: Each wrong answer leads to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections. But there is no Sectional Cutt off for SSC CGL Tier I.
- For Tier II: 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in English Language & Comprehension paper and 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in Paper I, Paper III, and Paper IV.