IBPS Clerk Result 2020 for the Preliminary exam will be declared in January 2021. Aspirants can download their IBPS Clerk Result in online mode only from the official website – ibps.in by logging in with their IBPS Clerk Registration Number/ roll number and DOB/ Password.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Main Exam Result was released on May 20, 2020. IBPS Clerk 2018 Result for Provisional allotment under Reserve list was released on May 19, 2020. IBPS Clerk 2019 Result for Provisional Allotment stands postponed and is likely to be announced in June 2020.
- IBPS Clerk Scorecard contains a candidate’s overall, sectional marks and qualifying status.
- IBPS will release category wise sectional and overall cutoffs within seven days.
- Only candidates who will qualify the preliminary exam of IBPS Clerk 2020 will be allowed to appear for the main exam.
- IBPS Clerk Main exam will be held on January 24, 2021, and the result of the same will be released in February 2021.
- After the declaration of the IBPS Clerk Final Result, Merit List will be published and provisional allotment will be done by April 2021.
IBPS Clerk 2020 Result Highlights
The key points about the release of the IBPS Clerk 2020 result are highlighted below:
|IBPS Clerk Result will be declared by||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Mode of availability||Online only|
|IBPS Clerk Result will be declared at||Official IBPS Website|
|IBPS Clerk Result Stages||Prelims Result and Main/ Final Result|
|IBPS Clerk Result can be accessed using||Registration Number/ Roll Number and Date of Birth/ Password|
|Posts Offered||Bank Clerk|
|Number of vacancies||1558|
IBPS Clerk Result 2020 Dates
The tentative dates for the release of IBPS Clerk Result that students must know are mentioned below:
|IBPS Clerk 2020 Preliminary Exam||December 12, 13 and 19, 2020|
|Release of IBPS Clerk Result for Preliminary exam||January 2021|
|IBPS Clerk 2020 Main Exam||January 24, 2021|
|Release of IBPS Clerk Result for Main exam||February 2021|
|IBPS Clerk 2020 Provisional Allotment||April 2021|
Steps to Check IBPS Clerk Result 2020
IBPS Clerk 2020 Result will be available in online mode only at the official website. Candidates who appear in the exam can check the result for IBPS Clerk by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the IBPS website- ibps.in.
- Click on the link ‘IBPS Clerk Result’
- IBPS Clerk Result login page will appear on the screen
- Enter IBPS Clerk Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Enter Captcha and Click on the submit button
- IBPS Clerk Result will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take the printout of IBPS Clerk Result Scorecard for further reference
IBPS Clerk Score Card
IBPS Clerk Prelims and Main score card are issued in online mode. Exam takers must save and download it as it will be required at the time of document verification before provisional allotment. The details mentioned on IBPS Clerk Result Scorecard are listed below-
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number/ Registration Number
- Marks Scored in each section
- Marks Scored (Overall)
- Cutoff Marks for each section
- Cutoff Score (Overall)
IBPS Clerk Normalization of Scores
IBPS calculates the scores obtained by candidates using the normalization procedure to declare IBPS Clerk Result. The normalization of scores is done using the equi-percentile method.
What is the normalization of the score?
- The process of equating the scores on the basis of the level of difficulty of questions set is called the process of normalizing the scores.
- The exam is held in multiple sessions and each shift has a different question paper.
- Therefore, it is impossible to maintain the same level of difficulty for every shift.
- Due to variation in the level of difficulty, IBPS does normalization of scores due to equating the scores obtained by the candidates.
- After normalization, final scores are rounded off up to 2 decimal digits.
- IBPS Clerk Main exam is of 200 marks but for calculating the scores it is converted to 100.
IBPS Clerk Merit List 2020
- Candidates for the recruitment of Clerical Cadre will be shortlisted only on the basis of the IBPS Clerk Merit List.
- The merit list will be defined on the basis of marks secured only in the Main exam.
- A waiting list of 10% of the tentative vacancy will be reserved up to March 31, 2021.
- In the event of any further vacancy is announced, then that will be filled up with this reserve list. However, this list does not guarantee employment.
- If two or more candidates score equal marks in the main examination, then the candidate who is older in age will be preferred.
IBPS Clerk Cutoff 2020
IBPS Clerk Cutoff is the minimum marks that the candidates need to obtain in order to qualify the exam. There is overall as well as the sectional cut off in IBPS Clerk Exam. Candidates have to score more than the cutoff in each section and overall cutoff. IBPS Clerk Cutoff is declared along with the result. IBPS will release the prelims 2020 cutoff in January 2021, meanwhile, candidates can estimate the cutoff by having a look at the previous year’s cutoff.
State-wise Cutoff for IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelims Exam
State-wise Cutoff for IBPS Clerk 2019 Main Exam
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||44.25||–||–||–|
|Daman and Diu||37.93||37.80||–||–|
|Jammu and Kashmir||54.93||44.00||39.35||33.48|
|IBPS Clerk Exams 2020||IBPS Clerk 2020 Vacancy|
IBPS Clerk 2020 Result FAQs
Q. How to check IBPS Clerk Result?
A. Firstly, candidates will have to visit the official website of IBPS i.e. ibps.in, and click on the link provided at the header defining the same. Login using Roll Number/Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth.
Q. What to do if I forget my password?
A. In place of Password, Date of Birth can be used to access IBPS Clerk Result. Also, a password can be retrieved by clicking on forgot password and the same will be sent to the candidate’s registered email ID and mobile number.
Q. What if it is showing invalid login while checking the IBPS Clerk result?
A. This happens when candidates enter the wrong login credentials. Enter the correct login details to access the account.
Q. How are IBPS Clerk scores calculated?
A. Scores in IBPS Clerk is calculated using the equi-percentile method. The process of arriving at the scores is explained above under the Normalization of Scores.
Q. What to do if I am not satisfied with IBPS Clerk Result or scores?
A. Since IBPS Clerk is an online exam, ambiguity in marks obtained must not come as an issue. However, any query with regard to the scores or results should be immediately reported to the examination authority.