IBPS Clerk Cut Off: The IBPS clerk cut off is the minimum required marks to qualify in the exam. For the IBPS clerk exam, there will be sectional and overall cut-offs. Candidates have to clear both the cut-offs in order to clear the exam. This is applicable to both prelims and mains exam. There are a number of factors that influence the IBPS clerk cut off at various stages of the recruitment process. Among those, some of the important factors are exam toughness level, level of competition, and the number of vacancies. By analyzing the various factors, the IBPS board will finalize the cut off at each stage of the recruitment. The IBPS clerk cut off 2020 will be released in short due course.
The IBPS Clerk Prelims exam dates are 7th, 8th, 14th, and 21st December 2019. Also, the mains exam will be held on the 19th of January 2020. This year the total number of vacancies for the IBPS clerk post is 12075. The two stages of the IBPS clerk recruitment are the preliminary exam and the mains exam. Candidates check the IBPS clerk’s previous years cut off to get an idea. So accordingly you can boost up the preparation level to give a tough fight in the competition. There are three main factors that decide the cut-off,
Take IBPS Clerk Free Mock test Online
- The total number of applicants appearing for the exam.
- The number of vacancies in that particular year.
- The difficulty level of the exam in each session.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Cut Off:
Prelims is the first stage of IBPS clerk recruitment. The prelims exam includes three sections namely the English language, Quantitative aptitude and Reasoning ability. Only the candidates who clear the IBPS clerk prelims cut off will face the mains exam. You have to clear both the sectional cut off and the overall cut off. There is also a penalty for the wrong answers. You will lose 0.25 marks for each wrong answer marked in the exam.
Get More Details – IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
Total Marks = Score obtained in English Language + The score obtained in Reasoning Ability + The score obtained in Quantitative Aptitude.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Cut Off 2019-20 – State Wise
|Delhi||71.75 (General) 67 (OBC)|
|Himachal Pradesh||62.25 (General), 41.25 (OBC)|
|Jammu & Kashmir||–|
|Jharkhand||73 (OBC, General)|
|Uttar Pradesh||68.25 (General), 67 (OBC)|
IBPS Clerk Mains Expected Cut Off 2019-20 – State Wise
Based on the above factors our experts have mentioned the state wise expected cut off marks for IBPS Clerk Mains 2019-20 Exam. So candidates shall check here the details.
|Jammu & Kashmir||–|
Previous Year IBPS Clerk Cut-Off
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 overall cut off:
|State Name||Cut Off|
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 Sectional cut off:
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 overall cut off:
|Daman & Diu||70.75|
|Jammu & Kashmir||76.00|
By comparing the prelims cut off for IBPS clerk exams 2017 and 2018 we can get an idea. According to vacancy and other factors, the IBPS clerk cut off 2019 prelims will have the fluctuation. The IBPS clerk cut off 2019 prelims category wise list will be released by the IBPS at the result time.
IBPS Clerk Mains Cut off:
IBPS clerk mains exam is the second and final stage of recruitment. There will be no other interview rounds for the clerk selection. This exam consists of four sections namely the English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Banking Economy & General Knowledge. If you mark wrong answer, 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as the penalty.
Take IBPS Clerk Free Mock test Online
Total Marks = Score obtained in English Language + The score obtained in Reasoning and computer aptitude + The score obtained in data interpretation and analysis + score obtained in general awareness.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Mains Cut off:
|Andaman & Nicobar||NA||NA|
|Dadara & Nagar Haveli||44.25||NA|
|Daman & Diu||37.93||37.8|
|Jammu & Kashmir||54.93||44|
IBPS Clerk 2017 Mains Cut off:
|Andaman & Nicobar||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Dadar & Nagar Haweli||NA||NA||NA||39.02|
|Daman & Diu||NA||NA||36.91||45.92|
|Jammu & Kashmir||NA||35.74||42.71||52.31|
By seeing the above list you can come to an idea for the IBPS clerk cut off 2019 expected scores for the mains exam. The IBPS clerk cut off 2019 state-wise scores will also release after the release of exam result.
IBPS Clerk Normalisation of Scores:
According to IBPS,
- The corrected scores obtained by each candidate in different sessions are normalized using the equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to two decimal points will be considered for the cut off calculation.
Get Exclusive Test Packs:
- Take IBPS Clerk Prelims Mock Test
- Practice IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test
- Take IBPS Clerk Combo Mock Test (pre & Mains)
What is normalization?
- Normalization is a usual method of score correction in most of the bank exams conducted. Due to the difficult level change in various shifts, the normalization process is done by the IBPS. It is to evaluate the performance of candidates based on similar exam parameters, especially the difficulty level of the exam.
- The exams conducted by the IBPS will take place in various shifts in many centers across the country. The level of the question paper varies for each slot. The questions may be easier in one slot and comparatively difficult in the other.
- For that purpose of doing a fair evaluation, the IBPS normalizes the scores obtained by the candidates in different shifts of the exam. So using the normalization process the difficulty level of exam is adjusted for all the exam shifts.
- For example, assume in a shift, 50 candidates gave their exam and the paper is difficult. In that shift percentile rank of each candidate is calculated using the formula given below;
- Also in other shift where the paper is easier, the equi-percentile rank of each candidate are obtained using the formula. Thus after normalization of scores obtained by each candidate, a cut off is fixed and candidates are selected based on that.
- So candidates don’t worry if your paper is tougher than that compared to other sessions, as the normalization process will adjust the difficulty level.