SBI PO Study Plan 2020:
The State bank of India released a notification for SBI PO recruitment 2020. Prepare with the SBI PO study plan to crack this toughest bank exam. Preparing in a random manner will not give you success. The SBI PO study plan 2020 will show the victory path.
Many candidates are asking that “can I crack SBI PO in the first attempt?” The answer is ‘yes’, but only with proper dedication you can achieve it comfortably. To crack any exam, preparation and practice is very much important. The amount of practice you did will be the reward you get. So Follow the SBI PO 2020 study plan provided here. With the guidance of the study plan you can easily complete the full exam preparation. So target your preparation with the help of the study plan. Already the important dates regarding the SBI PO recruitment 2020 are released. So start your preparation soon by following our study plan.
|On-line application start date||April 2020|
|Online application end date||April 2020|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||May 2020|
|Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination||May 2020|
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training||May 2020|
|Online Preliminary Examination||June 2020|
|Result of Online Preliminary Examination||July 2020|
|Download of Call letter for Online Main Examination||July 2020|
|Conduct of Online Main Examination||August 2020|
|Declaration of Result of Main Examination||August 2020|
|Download of Call Letter for Group Exercises & Interview||August 2020|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||September 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result||October 2020|
What is the Study Plan?
Many candidates are following irregular preparation methods. In this, they will prepare for one or two days. Then they will divert from the preparation and take off for 1 or 2 days. Then again they start the preparation and continue in the same way. As a result, they still prepare at the last minute of exam. Many topics would be ignored by them. This will lead to a failure for sure. How many hours of study is required for bank PO? To this question, everybody will have different answer. It will depend upon the ability of the students. So you must structure your preparation with the study plan for SBI PO.
To be successful in the exam you must cover all the topics in the SBI PO syllabus. The SBI PO study plan pdf will include all the topics from each of the subject. For each day the schedule will show the topics to prepare for the exam. After completing the study plan, you will surely feel satisfied of finishing all the topics thoroughly. So follow the study plan strictly without any major deviation.
Significance of Study Plan:
Many candidates are missing their success by a whisker. Unordered and irregular aimless preparations are possible reasons for it. Some candidates raise a question that “can I crack SBI PO in 1 month?” By following the strict study plan you can increase your possibility for it. The importance of following the study plan are given below.
- The study plan will help you to organize your preparation in a well-structured manner.
- As it will be in the form of daily schedule, your preparation will have not any major breaks.
- Also you can practice mock tests side by side of your preparation
- The SBI PO study plan pdf will urge you to complete the syllabus within the prescribed time limit. So that you can avoid the last minute preparation in a hurry manner.
- The study plan will add all the syllabus topics with correct preparation time space. So that you can prepare the complete syllabus without ignoring any topic. This will increase your ability to score more marks in the exam.
- The SBI PO prelims study plan is separately available for the prelims exam. Also for the mains exam follow the SBI PO mains study plan.
Hence candidates can prepare in a smooth way with the help of study plan.
SBI PO Selection Process:
The SBI PO recruitment process consists of 3 phases as mentioned in table. As first stage is preliminary exam, start your prelims preparation with SBI PO prelims study plan 2020. Candidates have to clear all the 3 stages to select as an SBI PO.
|1st stage||Online Preliminary exam (100 marks)|
|2nd stage||Online Mains exam (250 marks)|
|3rd stage||Group exercise and Interview (50 marks)|
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern:
The important details of the SBI PO prelims exam pattern are provided here.
- Total sections – 3.
- Exam time duration – 60 minutes.
- Total marks of the prelims exam – 100 marks.
- Separate sectional timing for each section – 20 minutes.
- Negative marks for wrong answer – 0.25.
- No sectional cut off. Candidates clearing the overall cut off will appear for the mains exam.
Start your preparation with SBI PO prelims study plan pdf 2020 to crack the 1st stage.
|S No.||Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English language||30||30||20 minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern:
The details regarding the mains exam are given below.
- Total sections – 4 + descriptive test.
- Total marks – 250 (including descriptive test).
- Exam duration – 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Sectional timing is applicable. For each section refer the sectional timing in the table.
- Negative mark – 1/4th of marks get deducted for each mistake.
- Descriptive test – typing mode.
|S No.||Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning ability & computer aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||Data interpretation and analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|3.||General/ Economy/ Banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4.||English language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Descriptive test: Letter and essay writing||2||50||30 minutes|
Get More: SBI PO Exam Pattern
Preparation Methods with SBI PO Study Plan:
Some people ask that “Can I crack SBI PO without coaching?” It is also possible, but for that a well planned preparation is must. SBI PO study plan 2020 pdf will act as a vital guide for this process. You should have the ability to understand the basics for all the subjects. Then you should identify and convert all your weakness into the strength within short span of time. Only then you can practice freely all the subjects without coaching. Here some of the general preparation methods are given to crack the SBI PO exam.
Follow the Study Plan in Strict Manner:
The main step in your preparation process is to follow the study plan strictly. If you waste time at frequent intervals, your preparation will stretch much longer. So you must finish all the topics within the scheduled time. The study plan for SBI PO 2020 is prepared with exam point of view. For each topic, the time period is allocated based on the difficulty level. You can also take own time to learn the basic concepts. For that you should compensate the time by finishing the simple topics sooner. If you show 100% dedication in following the study plan, you can easily crack this exam.
Prepare with Previous Year Question Papers:
Just following the study plan for SBI PO 2020 alone will not assure you the success. Equally you have to practice all the topics. For practicing many strategies are there. One such smart method is solving the previous year question papers of SBI PO prelims and mains. In this way of preparation you can come across the unique questions from all the topics. So that your preparation will reach high standards.
Get More: SBI PO Previous Year Paper
Mock Test Practice:
There are several mock test practices such as topic test, sectional test, full length mock test, etc. All the test practice are very important at certain stages of your preparation. While following your SBI PO 2020 study plan, allocate time for mock test practice also. Without mock test practice, your preparation is incomplete. If you need to boost your speed, accuracy and time management skills, mock test practice is the only way. The mock test practice will clearly highlight the areas in which you lag heavily. So that you can focus those areas and improvise your scores in the exam easily.
Online Videos and Quizzes:
Try more sources for your preparation. So that you can learn variety of contents for the exam. This will give you confidence to take the exam with full of unique and difficult questions. The video explanations will make you much more clear about the difficult concepts. For puzzles, seating arrangement and data interpretation topics online videos are helpful for your easy preparation. You can also attend online quizzes to test your preparation level and accuracy.
Some Study Tips for SBI PO:
Use the SBI PO prelims study plan 2020 for your success in the first stage. Here some common and useful study tips are given. If you follow these tips, it will be convenient for you to finish your preparation clear and soon.
- Mark your weak topics first. Give more priority to those topics and learn the concepts from top to bottom. At the same time, don’t avoid the strong topics. If you are careless, then you may lose marks from those topics.
- Don’t pressure yourself by studying without any gaps. Relax in your own way and keep you cool during the preparation time.
- Apart from following the SBI PO study plan, you can make your own useful ideas and strategies to complete your portion quickly. Also don’t follow any unwanted and useless preparation strategies and waste your time.
- Note your time taken for every single question in practice mock tests. By this analysis you will know that which question you struggle to solve quickly. With this analysis you can prioritize the topics in the exam.
Many candidates ask that, “How many hours should I study for SBI PO?” Normally an average candidate should spend atleast 3 to 5 hours to concentrate in all the subjects. But this hours math is not necessary at all. Even if you spend 2 hours, make use of the time in a worthy manner.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I am an EWS candidate. Can I attend the pre-exam training for the SBI PO 2020?
A: No. The pre-exam training option is only for SC / ST / Religious Minority Community candidates.
Q: For how many marks the SBI PO interview conducted?
A: The third and last stage of SBI PO 2020 recruitment involves group exercise and interview. The group exercise covers 20 marks. The total marks for the interview is 30 marks. Thus the final round is done for 50 marks.