SBI PO Study Notes 2020: State bank of India (SBI) will soon release the notification for the recruitment of candidates as a probationary officer (PO). It is one of the most prestigious recruitment programs for the banking sector. Every year lakhs of aspirants aspire to be a part of the State bank of India. There is a very high competition to achieve this goal.
So, we are here to help you to get closer to fulfilling your goal. In this article, we will provide you with SBI PO study notes along with the previous year vacancies, examination pattern, and preparation tips. Candidates preparing for the SBI PO examination must refer to the relevant study materials and SBI PO study notes in order to crack the examination in the first attempt.
SBI PO Vacancies
SBI PO Recruitment is conducted to recruit candidates for the post of probationary officer. Last year i.e. in 2019 SBI released a total of 2000 SBI PO vacancies. The 2000 vacancies were divided into the following categories. The vacancy list is given below in the tabular format:
|3.||Other Backward Classes||540|
SBI PO Selection Procedure
The recruitment board will conduct a recruitment drive in three phases. They are:
- Preliminary Test
- Mains Test
- Group Exercise and Personal Interview
To get placed at a prestigious position like PO in SBI candidates should qualify all the above phases. To help you with your preparation we have provided links for the complete syllabus and mock tests.
SBI PO Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of SBI PO 2020 includes three stages:
- Preliminary test: It is an online multiple-choice question examination. It consists of 100 questions for each question of 1 mark. For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted.
- Mains test: It is the second phase of the selection process. It is designed to test the candidate through both objective and descriptive tests. The total marks for both the phases are 250 marks.
- Group exercise and interview: This is the third and final stage of selection. The total marks assigned to this stage is 50 marks.
To successfully get selected as the probationary officer in the State bank of India the candidate has to pass all the above-mentioned recruitment stages. The sectional description of all the stages of the examination i.e. preliminary, mains, and interview is given below in tabular format.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
|1.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 mins|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 mins|
|3.||English Language||30||30||20 mins|
Mains Exam Pattern
|1.||Reasoning ability & computer aptitude||45||60||60 mins|
|2.||Data interpretation and analysis||35||60||45 mins|
|3.||General/ Economy/ Banking awareness||40||40||35 mins|
|4.||English language||35||40||40 mins|
|Descriptive test: Letter and Essay Writing||2||50||30 mins|
NOTE: Total marks for the SBI PO Mains examination= 250. There is no sectional cut-off.
Group Exercise & Interview Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Name of the Round||Maximum marks|
SBI PO Study Notes 2020
The prelims and mains examination for SBI PO is conducted mainly in four subjects. So, to boost your scores and aid your examination preparation we have added a subject-wise list of SBI PO study notes. This SBI PO study notes comprise the book source and preparation tips.
SBI PO Study Notes 2020-Books
Given below is a list of important study material for all the subjects to help your preparation:
SBI PO Study Notes 2020–Reasoning Ability
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal and Analytical by BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwali
- Latest Pattern Reasoning ebooks
- Attempt the Sectional Tests to improve your reasoning
SBI PO Study Notes 2020–English Comprehension
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Common Errors in English by Kiran Prakashan
- Words Idioms & Phrases by Arihant Experts
- Plinth to Paramount by KD Campus
- Perfect Competitive English by Kiran Prakashan
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- A Mirror of Common Errors by Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh
- Monthly Vocabulary
- Attempt Quizzes to Check your Concepts
SBI PO Study Notes 2020–Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Fast Track by Rajesh Verma
- NCERT Maths from Grade 6 to Grade 11
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav
- Practice with Expert Curated Content
- Quantitative Aptitude Shortcut Tricks
SBI PO Study Material–General Awareness
- General Knowledge by Lucent Publication
- Manorama Yearbook
- NCERT Books – Class X, XII
- Static General Awareness
- Current Affairs Monthly and Weekly Capsules
- Current Affairs Quizzes
- Follow Guidely youtube channel to ace the general awareness section
SBI PO Exam Preparation Tips
- Understand the full syllabus, examination pattern, selection procedure, etc to make a strategy before starting your preparation.
- Brush up your basics and gain a clear understanding of the important topics.
- After getting the insights of the syllabus choose the topics according to your priority. Focus on your weak topics and use your strong topics wisely to score well in the examination.
- Read Newspapers and editorials daily for improving grammar and vocabulary.
- Learn grammar rules and practice them regularly through sectional and topic tests.
- Since there is a vast syllabus to be covered in a limited period a strategic study plan is required. Give time to all the subjects equally. Follow a 60-day Expert Curated Study Plan for SBI PO 2020
- Making short notes for general awareness can be of great help for last-minute revisions before the examination.
- Practicing mock tests is mandatory to analyze your performance and increase it accordingly. Attempt SBI PO previous year papers
- Candidates should prepare for it on a regular basis by reading current affairs. Attempt daily quizzes to check your knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many total questions are asked in the SBI PO Prelims exam?
A: A total of 100 questions are asked in the prelims of the SBI PO exam.
Q: What is the total duration of the SBI PO prelims exam?
A: The total duration of the prelims exam is 60 minutes.
Q: What are the total marks for the SBI PO mains section?
A: SBI PO mains section is of 250 marks.
Q: What is the application fee for SBI PO?
A: GEN/EWS/OBC: ₹750
For all other candidates: ₹125
Q: What is the age limit for SBI PO?
A: Minimum: 21 years
Maximum: 30 years
Q: Is there any negative marking for SBI PO?
A: Yes, for every incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Q: Is there any sectional cut-off in SBI PO for mains?
A: No, for SBI PO there is no sectional cut-off for mains.
All the Best for your Exams!!