RBI Assistant Official notification 2020:
Reserve Bank of India rolled out RBI Assistant 2020 official notification. This is one of the expected bank exams every year. It is a passion to work in the nodal bank of our country for many aspirants.
Online applications are invited from interested individuals to engage in the RBI Assistant 2020 exam through the official website. Before applying, check all the eligibility norms regarding the RBI Assistant recruitment. The RBI Assistant 2020 selection process will involve the prelims, mains, and language proficiency tests. Candidates check the most important details regarding the recruitment here.
Official Notification of RBI Assistant 2020
Official Notification regarding RBI Assistant 2020 has released on the official website. The notification contains important details such as vacancy, exam dates, eligibility criteria, etc. Also, it has the starting and ending date of online application form submission. So go through the official notification carefully before applying for the exam.
RBI Assistant Apply online 2020
Eligible candidates can start fillup online applications for the RBI assistant 2020 exam. The application will be active from 23rd Dec 2019 to 16th Jan 2020(20th Jan 2020). Here you can get the direct link of the RBI Assistant exam to submit your application without any hurdle.
RBI Assistant Vacancies
The total vacancies for the RBI assistant 2020 recruitment are 926. The category-wise vacancy is updated in the table below. As there is a sizeable vacancy, if you prepare hard you can easily crack the exam.
Eligibility Criteria for RBI Assistant 2020
Candidates check the complete details about the eligibility criteria for RBI Assistant Recruitment 2020. Even if you do not satisfy any one of the norms, you are unfit to apply for the exam. Also don’t give any fake details to appear for the exam. The list of important eligibility criteria is given here.
- Minimum age- 20 years
- maximum age- 28 years
Also, the age relaxation details of RBI assistant 2020 recruitment are given here for reference.
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years for general|
13 years for OBC
15 years for SC / ST
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to a maximum of 50 years.|
|Widows/divorced women/ women judicially|
separated who are not re-married
|Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu|
and Kashmir during the period from 1st
January 1980 to 31st December 1989.
|Candidates having work experience in|
Reserve Bank of India
|To the extent of the number of years of such experience, subject to a maximum of 3 years|
The following are the norms related to the educational qualification required for applying RBI assistant 2020 exam.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% of marks. The pass class of marks is enough in the case of SC / ST / PWD candidates.
- Knowledge of word processing on PC.
- Proficiency in the local language to read, write, speak and understand.
Note: Refer official notification for the detailed description.
RBI Assistant 2020 – Application Fee
The application fee will differ based on the category of the candidates. The fee details are given here for your reference.
- Rs.50 for SC / ST / PWD / EXS candidates (Intimation charges)
- Rs.450 for general and OBC candidates (Exam fee + intimation charges)
RBI Assistant 2020 – Selection Process
The Selection Procedure for the RBI Assistant 2020 recruitment is done in 2. Also, the candidate has to clear the language proficiency test at last. If you fail in this test, you will be disqualified. The two stages in the selection process are,
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2020
Know the clear exam pattern before you start preparing for the exam. There are separate exam patterns for both prelims and mains exams. Both the patterns are given in the tabular form for your reference.
Prelims Exam Pattern
The prelims exam has 3 sections namely Reasoning, English language and numerical ability. The exam is conducted for 100 marks. The time duration is a consolidated 60 minutes. So that you can swap between the sections as per your convenience. There is a sectional cut off for each section. You have to clear both the sectional and the overall cut-offs. Also, there is a negative marking system for this exam. For each wrong answer, you will lose 0.25 marks as a penalty.
No. Of Questions
Mains Exam Pattern
The mains exam has five sections. They are reasoning, numerical ability, general awareness, English language, and computer knowledge. Each section has 40 questions and the total marks for the exam is 200. There will be sectional timing for each subject. So you cannot swap between the sections as per your wish. Also, 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty for each wrong answer.
No. Of Questions
Detailed Syllabus for RBI Assistant 2019
The Syllabus for each subject is updated here. You must follow a clear and updated syllabus in your preparation. Only then your preparation will be more efficient. All the topics are added here for your convenience. Try to cover all the topics and don’t omit any single topic.
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Word Meanings
- Cloze Test
- One Word Substitution
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Sentence Completion
- Active & Passive Voice
- Para jumbles
- Error spotting
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- HCF and LCM
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Problems on Trains
- Allegations and Comparison
- Permutation and Combination
- Pipes & Cistern
- Number System
- Ratio and proportion
- Boats and stream
- Profit and loss
- Number series
- Machine Input-output
- Alphanumeric series
- Blood Relations
- Odd Man Out
- Data sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Directions Based Concept
- Row Arrangements
- Statement Reading, Understanding
- Basic Hardware and Software
- History of Computers
- Viruses and Hacking
- Current World News
- Current India News
- Geography Concepts
- History Concepts
- Political Science
- Banking Awareness
- RBI Terms
- Emoluments and Other Benefits
- Acts and Laws related to Bank (RBI)
Exam Dates for RBI Assistant 2020
The important dates related to the RBI assistant 2020 recruitment are given here. candidates very importantly note the start and end date to fill the online application form. Beyond the last date, you cannot do the apply online process.
Online Application Form Start Date
Online Application Form Last Date
RBI Assistant Preliminary Exam(Tentative)
February 14 & 15, 2020. However, RBI
Result of Prelims
RBI Assistant Mains Exam
March 2020. However, RBI reserves the right
How to Apply Online for RBI Assistant 2020?
The steps are given here for you to easily progress your online application filling. Before that use the web browsers that are up to date. Only then you can continue the process seamlessly. Also, make sure you are ready with the pre-requisites that will be required during the application filling process. Some of the important pre-requisites are your valid mobile number, email Id, required scanned documents. Also, keep the debit card or credit card be ready with you that will be required for the online fee payment. Now follow the steps given here to apply for the exam.
- Log on to the official webpage www.rbi.org.in.
- Click on to “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” button on the top of the page. the page for new registration will open.
- On that page enter all your basic details and give submit. A registration number and password will be generated to your registered mobile number and email ID. You have to use those login credentials to start your online application process.
- After login to the online application fill up the basic information which they have asked. Don’t leave the mandatory fields empty. before going to the next page check whether you have entered all the details correctly. Then give the Next option for further page filling.
- And then upload the required documents in the needed space. Completely read the guidelines before themselves. Check all the required format and size of the scanned documents. such as Passport size photo & Signature in the prescribed format.
- After that fill up the educational qualification & work experience and other details.
- Preview the application form and check all the details which given by you.
- Choose the payment option and pay online by debit card/ Credit card / Other prescribed method.
- If all the details are correct then go toward the final submission.
- At last click the Submit button for successful submission.
RBI Assistant Admit Card
RBI Assistant Admit Card will be released 15 days before the exam. the admit card Two separate admit cards will be provided for both the preliminary and main examination. The candidates need to visit the official website to download the Admit Card. Log in using the registration number and the date of birth to download RBI Assistant Admit Card.
RBI Assistant Salary:
- The Basic Pay of the RBI assistant will be around Rs. 14,650/- per month.
- RBI assistants are also granted Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance, etc.
- Including the allowances, the Gross Salary would be approximately Rs. 32,124/- per month.
RBI Assistant Exam Result
The RBI Assistant 2019 will declare the result after 2 to 3 months of the completion of the examination. Candidates need to login to the official website of IBPS – ibps.in to check their results. Log in using the registration number and password to check the result.
RBI Assistant Cut Off:
For each city, the previous year RBI assistant cut off has been mentioned. The cut off for each category is mentioned in the table. The cut-off will depend upon various factors such as the number of applicants, vacancy, exam toughness level, etc. the cut off will be released after the exam on the official website.
|City||Category wise cut- off|
|Kanpur & Lucknow||119.00||97.00||97.00||101.50||119.75||–|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||128.75||97.75||NV||119.00||131.00||103.75|