SBI PO Exam 2020:
The State Bank of India (SBI) conducts SBI PO exam every year. The selected candidates in this recruitment are placed to work as probationary officers in SBI branches. As SBI PO is dream job for most of the aspirants, the standard of exam is very high.
A large number of candidates all over India will compete in this recruitment process. The total vacancy for the SBI PO 2019 recruitment is 2000. This year also, a same level of vacancy is expected to release. To clear the SBI PO exam, quality study materials and dedicated preparation are must. Also you must prepare in a well organized manner. For that we will guide you the correct directions to achieve your goal. In this page, we have provided all the important details starting from recruitment notification to preparation methods. So, candidates freshly preparing for SBI PO exam 2020 can clearly know about the exam very well. After going through this page you will have no any further doubts about the recruitment process, application procedures, etc.
SBI PO Notification:
The SBI PO 2020 official notification contains all the essential details related to the recruitment. If you have any doubt regarding the recruitment, you can clarify it by referring the notification. The various important details that are present in the SBI PO notification are given below,
- Important dates regarding the recruitment process
- Category-wise vacancies
- Eligibility Criteria
- Reservation details for PWD candidates
- Selection Process
- Application Fee
- Exam Pattern
- Guidelines to apply online
- Instructions for the candidates
- Pre-exam training details.
- Emoluments, Career growth, etc.
Candidates check your eligibility completely before you apply for the exam. Also submit your application form before the last date mentioned in the SBI PO notification.
Get more: SBI PO Notification PDF
SBI PO Exam Dates:
In the table given below, tentative dates regarding the SBI PO 2020 recruitment are added. Especially note the start and end dates of online application. The tentative SBI PO exam dates for prelims and mains are given in the table.
|On-line application start date||April 2020|
|Online application end date||April 2020|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||May 2020|
|Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination||May 2020|
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training||May 2020|
|Online Preliminary Examination||June 2020|
|Result of Online Preliminary Examination||July 2020|
|Download of Call letter for Online Main Examination||July 2020|
|Conduct of Online Main Examination||August 2020|
|Declaration of Result of Main Examination||August 2020|
|Download of Call Letter for Group Exercises & Interview||August 2020|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||September 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result||October 2020|
SBI PO Vacancies:
The SBI PO vacancies are the most important data that a candidate wants to know. The last year SBI PO vacancies are around 2000. For this year the official vacancies will be revealed in the notification. In the table given below, the year wise SBI PO vacancies are mentioned. So that you can understand the trend of increase and decrease of vacancy every year.
|Year||Total SBI PO Vacancy|
Get More: SBI PO Vacancy
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria:
The online applications are invited from the eligible Indian citizens for SBI PO recruitment. The recruitment board have set the SBI PO eligibility norms that have to be fulfilled by a candidate. Candidates have to fulfil all the criteria without fail to apply for the exam. The list of SBI PO eligibility criteria are given below for your reference.
A degree in any discipline in a recognized University or its equivalent is the required academic qualification
There are minimum and maximum age limit to apply for the SBI PO exam. The SBI PO age eligibility criteria are,
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum age – 30 years
Age relaxation is applicable for each category. The age relaxation details are given in the below table.
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non creamy layer||3 years|
|PWD (SC / ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (Gen / EWS)||10 years|
|Person domiciled of Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
There are certain cases in which the candidates are not eligible to take the exam. Such cases are given below,
- If a candidate has default in repayment of loans or credit card dues, he is not eligible.
- Candidates whose name adverse report of CIBIL or other external agencies available are not eligible.
- Candidates with unfavourable report on their character, antecedents and moral turpitude are not eligible to apply.
So candidates check all the criteria given here. Even if you fail in any one of the norms that is mandatory, you cannot apply.
SBI PO Application Fee:
The SBI PO application fee will differ for the candidates belonging to each category. After the payment of fees, you cannot expect the refund for any reason. Only online mode of fee payment is acceptable. You can opt for credit card or debit card or net banking or any such ways. The SBI PO application fee details are given below.
- SC/ ST/ PWD – Rs.125/- (Intimation Charges only)
- General/ EWS/ OBC- Rs.750/- (Application Fee including intimation charges)
SBI PO Selection Process:
The SBI PO selection process includes 3 stages. The first stage is online preliminary exam. Candidates clearing the prelims exam will face the mains exam, which is the second stage of the selection process. The third stage of the selection process is group exercise and interview. The candidates must pass in all the phases to get the provisional allotment order. The 3 phases are given in the order,
- Prelims exam
- Main exam
- Group exercise and interview
SBI PO Apply Online:
Here we have given the steps to follow for the SBI PO to apply online process. To make it a hassle-free process use the following browsers,
- Internet Explorer 8 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above
- Google Chrome 3.0 and above
Also keep the following pre-requisites necessary for completing your apply online process.
- Your permanent mobile number and Email Id.
- Scanned copies of passport size photograph and signature.
- Debit card or any such options needed to pay the online application fee.
Now follow the steps given here in correct order to complete your SBI PO apply online process.
- Log on to the official website and click the new registration tab.
- In the registration page give the required details and get your login credentials.
- The login credentials are sent to your registered e-mail Id and mobile number.
- Enter the username & password and give submit option. Your SBI PO online application form will open on the screen. Give your personal details without any error and click the Save & Next button.
- Then provide your educational qualification details and work experience in the next page.
- Then upload the scanned copies of your photograph and signature. While doing this, follow the guidelines as per the notification
- Before giving final submit check whether you have filled all the mandatory fields. Also don’t give any wrong details in the application.
- Finally pay your online mode application fee. For that you can use credit card, debit card, or any such options. Then take a printout of your application form and fee receipt.
SBI PO – Scanned Image and Signature Specifications
Things to be noted in Scanned Passport size Photograph
- The scanned Passport size Photograph should a coloured one.
- Prefer white colour background in the passport size photograph or mild colours is also acceptable.
- Try not to wear sunglasses, cap or religious-based accessories in the Passport size photograph.
Things to be noted in Scanned Signature
- The background of the Signature should be white in colour.
- Candidate need to sign in the Black ink
- Do not use Capital letters in the Signature.
Do’s & Don’ts in SBI PO Scanned Images
- Candidate should carry additional passport size photographs which they have uploaded in the SBI PO Application form.
- In SBI PO, candidates should upload their signature as well as their Guardian’s signature in the Application form
- The Signature must be in a running letter. Avoid Capital Letter Signatures.
- In case a candidate wears spectacles, they must make sure that there is not glare on the eyes. The eyes of the candidate should be visible.
Scanning the Passport Size Photograph
- Before scanning your passport size photograph in the Scanner, check the scanner setting.
- Select True Colour in the scanner setting
- In case, the size or specification differs, then crop the image as per the dimension given in the SBI PO Notification.
Image Quality for SBI PO
- Don’t upload a blur Image in the SBI PO Application Form
- The Passport size Photograph should be a high-resolution image
In the table given below, the standard of scanned documents is given.
|Photograph||200*300 pixels||20 Kb to 50 Kb|
|Signature||140*60 pixels||10 Kb to 20 Kb|
SBI PO Application Form:
Submit your online SBI PO application form within the last date mentioned in the notification. Also don’t forget to take a print out of it. At final stages of the recruitment, the printout of the application form is needed. So submit the application form with correct details and take a print out.
Get More: SBI PO Apply Online
SBI PO Job Profile:
The probation period for an SBI PO is two years. The SBI PO job role includes the following,
- Billing related works, accounting and finance tasks.
- An SBI PO should act as the public Relations Officer of the bank.
- Handling the complaints and grievances of customers and redressal of the same.
- Supervision of clerical work and management of cash balance.
- Issuance of ATM cards, Cheque books and DD to the customers of the branch.
- Updation with the latest policies and schemes of the bank.
After the completion of probation period, the SBI PO will be made as a permanent employee.
SBI PO Work Profile:
The SBI PO work profile mainly includes maintaining bills, monitoring clerk works, cash handling, updating with schemes, etc. After the end of probation period the job will be made permanent. For further promotions the candidates should attain higher standard / score set by bank.
SBI PO Career and Growth:
Candidates choosing SBI PO career will have excellent growth opportunities. The selected candidates will have to complete an online course before joining. The candidates have to sign a Rs.2 lakhs bond, immediately after the posting. The agreement suggests the candidates for a minimum of 3 years of service period in the bank.
On joining the candidates are designated as the probationary officers. The probation period is 2 years. During this period the candidates have to qualify in the assessment done by banks at time to time. The qualified candidates are confirmed in the service as Junior Management Grade Scale-I (JMGS-I). Then those officers can attain next higher grade of Middle Management Grade Scale-II (MMGS-II). These higher grades are attained, only if the candidates achieve the higher standards / scores set by bank. Or else the candidates are terminated as per policy of the Bank.
Foe an SBI PO, the bank provides great opportunities for career growth and abroad posting. If the candidates are brilliant enough, then they can quickly reach the Top Management Grade.
The promotional structure for an SBI PO is given below,
- Assistant Manager – Scale 1
- Deputy Manager – Scale 2
- Manager – Scale 3
- Chief Manager – Scale 4
- Assistant General Manager – Scale 5
- Deputy General Manager – Scale 6
- General Manager – Scale 7
- Chief General Manager -Scale 8
- Deputy Managing Director – Scale 9
- Managing Director – Scale 10
- Chairman – Scale 11
SBI PO Salary Structure:
When compared to that of other public sector banks, the basic pay of the SBI PO is the highest. The starting basic SBI PO salary is Rs.27620 with 4 advance increments. The SBI PO salary structure is 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020. This SBI PO salary structure is applicable to the junior management grade scale I.
SBI PO Allowances and Additional Benefits:
The SBI PO allowances are of various types as listed below,
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)
- Medical Allowance, etc.
In the table the allowance details are given in a perfect manner.
|City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)||3 to 4% of basic pay|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||46.9% of basic pay|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||7% or 8% or 9% based on the job location.|
|Petrol allowance||Rs.1100 to 1250|
|Travel allowance||AC-2 tier fare for office travels|
The aggregate compensation per year on CTC basis will range from Rs.8.20 lakhs to Rs.13.08 lakhs. It will depend upon the job location and various other factors. SBI may also allot a SMART Compensation Package. In this package, some of the elements of pay package can be monetized.
SBI PO Working Hours:
The SBI PO working hours will vary depending upon the branch, wok load and many other factors. Normally an SBI PO needs to report office at around 10.00am. After the completion of tasks, he can leave branch by 6:30–7:00pm. But it may prolong if work load is more. Hence the SBI PO working hours will range between 8 to 12 hours.
Get More: SBI Clerk Salary
SBI PO Exam Structure:
The SBI PO exam structure includes a 3 stage process. The candidates are required to pass in all the stages to get the provisional allotment order. The 3 stages are,
- Preliminary exam.
- Mains exam
- Group Exercises and interview.
The candidates succeeded in the prelims exam can attend the mains exam. The maximum marks for the mains exam is 250. Sectional cut off is not applicable for the SBI PO exams.
From the mains exam, candidates are shortlisted for the final round of group exercise and interview. From mains exam, the merit list will get ready for all the categories. Candidates approximately up to 3 times of the category wise vacancies are called for final round.
The final stage of this SBI PO exam structure is group exercise & interview. The candidates shortlisted from the mains exam will attend this final round. The final round is conducted for 50 marks. The marks for the group exercise and interview are 20 and 30 respectively.
The prelims marks are not considered for the final merit list preparation. For preparing the final merit list, only the marks obtained in Mains (both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test) and final round are considered. The marks out of 250 in mains examination are converted to 75 marks. Similarly, the marks out of 50 in Group Exercises & Interview are converted to 25 marks. The final merit list is prepared for a total of 100 marks, by adding these two totals. As per the available vacancy, a final cut off is arrived. The category-wise candidates scoring over the cut off marks are selected for the provisional allotment.
SBI PO Exam Pattern:
Exam pattern is very important for the candidates’ preparation. With the reference of exam pattern, you can know the details of each section. For each section there are certain number of questions and marks allotted. You can know all these details including the exam duration. Using the SBI PO exam pattern, you can prepare your own exam strategy.
The SBI PO prelims exam pattern is given in the table format. The details of SBI PO prelims exam are,
- The 3 sections of the SBI PO prelims exam are quantitative aptitude, English language and reasoning ability.
- The sectional timing for each section is 20 minutes.
- The maximum marks for the exam is 100.
- The negative marks for each wrong answer is 0.25.
- There is no sectional cut off. Candidates clearing the overall cut off will take the mains exam.
|S No.||Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English language||30||30||20 minutes|
The mains exam of SBI PO has a total of 4 sections as mentioned in the table. The details of the SBI PO mains exam pattern are,
- Including the descriptive test, the total marks for the mains exam is 250.
- The total time duration of SBI PO mains exam including the descriptive test is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- For each wrong answer, 1/4th of the marks are deducted as penalty.
- Each section has different sectional timings as mentioned in the table.
- The descriptive test is held in the online mode. In this test you have to type an essay and letter writing on given topic.
- For mains exam also there is no sectional cut off. Candidates clearing the overall cut off will progress to the next stage.
|S No.||Section||No. Of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning ability & computer aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||Data interpretation and analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|3.||General/ Economy/ Banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4.||English language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Descriptive test: Letter and essay writing||2||50||30 minutes|
Get More: SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO Syllabus:
Syllabus is the compilation of topics that each section contains for the exam. You can prepare in an effective manner, if and only if the syllabus is up to date. If the syllabus misses some of the topics, then you cannot prepare in good standards for the exam. The SBI PO syllabus is almost similar for both prelims and mains, with few changes. Here the complete updated SBI PO prelims and mains syllabus are given for your reference.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus:
The SBI PO prelims exam has 3 sections namely English language, Quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability. There are several topics under these 3 sections. We have covered all the topics in the SBI PO prelims syllabus given below.
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English language|
|Syllogism||Sequence & Series||Reading comprehension|
|Direction sense||Ratio and proportion||Cloze test|
|Alpha-numeric series||Average||Error spotting|
|Order and ranking||Partnership||Paragraph completion|
|Puzzle||Quadratic equation||Sentence connectors|
|Seating arrangement||Profit and Loss||Miscellaneous|
|Input Output||Time and work|
|Coding decoding||Pipes and cisterns|
|Data sufficiency||Boats and stream|
|Tabulation||Problems on age|
|Logical reasoning||Problems on train|
|Mixture of allegation|
|Time, speed & distance|
|Simple and Compound interest|
|Permutation, combination & probability|
SBI PO Mains Syllabus:
The SBI PO mains exam has a total of 4 sections. They are reasoning ability & computer aptitude, general awareness, English language, and Data analysis & interpretation. The standard of mains exam is higher than that of the prelims exam. So you have to put in a lot of hard work and practice. We have covered every topic in the SBI PO mains syllabus given below. Using this updated SBI PO syllabus prepare a study plan and start your preparation soon.
|Reasoning Ability||Data analysis and interpretation||Computer Aptitude||General awareness||English language|
|Syllogism||Sequence & Series||Internet||Current affairs||Reading comprehension|
|Coded Inequality||Tabular graph||MS Office||Financial awareness||Para jumbles|
|Coded Direction sense||Line graph||Memory||Static GK||Cloze test|
|Coded Blood relation||Pie chart||Computer hardware||Banking awareness||Fillers|
|Alpha-numeric series||Bar graph||Keyboard shortcuts||Error spotting|
|Order and ranking||Radar graph||Computer fundamentals||Paragraph completion|
|Computer abbreviations||Sentence connectors|
|Tabulation||Caselet DI||Computer terminologies||Word association|
|Input Output||Data sufficiency||Operating system||Vocabulary|
|Coding decoding||Permutation, combination & probability||Number system||Verbal ability|
|Data sufficiency||Miscellaneous||Networking||Sentence improvement|
|Critical reasoning||Basic of logic gates||Miscellaneous|
|Circle Seating arrangement|
|Square seating arrangement|
|Analytical and decision making|
|Course of action|
Get More: SBI PO Syllabus
SBI PO Preparation Plan:
The SBI PO is one of the most difficult exams to clear. You have to practice with the help of preparation plan or study plan to crack this exam. An SBI PO preparation plan will structure your preparation in a well organized manner. So follow the SBI PO study plan in a strict manner to crack this exam. A study plan contains preparation topics in a daily schedule form. As you practice continuously without any break, your preparation will be in high standards. Also we have added some preparation tips here. Follow these tips in your preparation plan to improve your standards.
Get more: SBI PO Study Plan
SBI PO Preparation Tips:
Some general tips for all the sections are given here. If you follow them in a regular manner, you can easily crack this exam. For each subject follow a convenient strategy to score more marks.
For English language, grammar is the key to score more marks. Learn the rules of grammar from top to bottom. So that you can score easily in topics like fillers, error spotting, cloze test, etc. Then improve your vocabulary with the help of newspapers, novels, story books, etc. for all the topics take mock tests and fine tune your performance. This is more than enough to score high marks in this section.
In SBI PO mains exam, general awareness section plays a crucial role. To excel in this section, cover the current affairs in a regular manner. Also allocate sufficient time for revision. You can use power capsules for last minute revision. Take online quizzes and rectify your mistakes regularly. So that you will get a good accuracy rate for this section in exam.
In Quantitative aptitude section, you should be smart in maths calculations to maintain a good accuracy. Cover all the topics in your preparation. In prelims level mostly the questions are asked in easy to moderate level. So concentrate on your speed and accuracy. In main exam give more importance to application problems and new model data interpretation topics. Continuous mock test practice on these topics is must to score good marks.
For reasoning section, you have to be strong especially in puzzles and seating arrangements of all levels. All the other sections are quite easy in prelims level. But in mains level you have to work hard and practice more new type of questions. Here too again the SBI PO mock test practice plays the vital role.
SBI PO Exam Analysis:
SBI PO Exam analysis is a research about the exam difficulty level. It is done after the exam completion. It will give you the idea about the overall difficulty level of the exam. Some most important details that we can attain from the exam analysis are,
- Difficulty level of all the individual sections.
- Number of questions from each topic under all the sections.
- Good attempts for each section.
- Overall total good attempts of the exam.
These details will give you a clear idea about the exam level. The good attempts are mentioned in a range. So the candidates can easily get the outlook of a completed exam.
SBI PO 2019 Mains Exam Analysis:
|Name of the Subject||Good Attempts|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||13-19|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||10-13|
|General / Economy / Banking Awareness||24-28|
Data Analysis & Interpretation
|Data Analysis & Interpretation – Moderate to Hard|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|New Pattern Number Series||3|
|Population Density Based Graph DI||3|
|New Pattern Time and work Table Based DI||4|
|Probability Based DI||4|
|Quantity I, II and III||3|
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude – Moderate to Hard|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Statement and inference||4|
|Statement and conclusion||4|
|Course of action||3|
|Input and Output||4|
|Coded Direction Sense||3|
|English Language – Easy to Moderate|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Reading Comprehension (New Pattern) 5-6 Paragraphs given||20|
|Single Fillers (New Pattern)Based on column||5|
The level of general awareness section was easy to moderate. Most of the current affairs section asked are from January to June 2019.Some questions from static GK were asked. The break up is given below.
- Current Affairs – 35 questions
- Static GK – 5 questions
The topics asked in the descriptive test are given below.
The Essay topics were based on following topics,
- Internet Banking
- Financial Inclusion
Also the letter writing topics are based on the topics given below,
- A Letter to Bank Manager
- Thank you letter for friend
SBI PO Cut Off:
The SBI PO cut off at various stages is based upon several important factors. The two most important factors are,
- Difficulty level of exam in various shifts.
- Number of vacancy
Here the SBI PO cut offs at various stages for the years 2018 and 2019 has been compared. So you can get a clear vision about the increase in competition and cut off. The SBI PO cut off is fixed based upon the available vacancy, difficulty level of exam and some other factors.
|Category||SBI PO Prelims Cut Off (Out of 100)|
|Category||SBI PO Mains Cut Off (Out of 250)|
|D & E||75.14||–|
|Category||SBI PO Mains Final Normalized Cut Off (Out of 100)|
|D & E||33.37||–|
Get More: SBI PO Cut Off
SBI PO Question Paper:
Preparing with the SBI PO previous year question paper will help you to gain experience. Also it is a very good strategy to score high marks in the exam. Every year the type of questions are changing in an unpredictable manner. As a result, the candidates are unable to handle the pressure in the exam. So you need to practice a lot before the exam. Also you have to practice with some smart strategies. One such smart method is preparation with SBI PO question paper of previous years. By this practice you will get exposure with various types of new model questions. So that you can automatically gain confidence for the exam. Also in the exam you can attend the difficult questions in a confident manner. So prepare with the help of more IBPS PO previous year papers.
Get More: SBI PO Previous Year Papers
SBI PO Reasoning Questions:
The reasoning section is very important in SBI PO exams. In prelims exam the questions may be at easy to moderate level. But in the mains exams, the questions are very difficult. So practice more SBI PO reasoning questions to crack the exam. For that use some quality study materials and practice continuously. Now a days, new model puzzle, seating arrangements, syllogism reverse types, coded blood relation, etc are asked in exams. So practice SBI PO reasoning questions in the exam point of view. Only then you can crack this section.
SBI PO Study Materials:
Candidates can succeed this high competitive exam only with the good quality study materials. To overcome the high competition and the exam difficulty level, you should be updated with the new model questions. So prepare with such high quality study materials covering all new pattern questions. This way of preparation is exactly in the exam point of view. So that you can surely score good marks in the exam with high difficulty level. We have prepared ultimate book series for topics like DI, application problems, puzzles and seating arrangements. It will be useful for the practice of these topics in a thorough manner. Also numerous E-books are available on several topics for your effective learning. Candidates use all these SBI PO study materials for your preparation.
SBI PO Mock Test:
To succeed in competitive exams, a main key factor is mock test practice. So candidates practice more SBI PO mock test before the exam. The advantages of taking mock test practice are listed below.
- To increase your speed and accuracy, mock test plays a major role.
- With continuous practice of mock test packages, you can attain excellent time management skills.
- Also mock test will help you to identify the areas where you make frequent mistakes. So that you can correct those mistakes and increase your accuracy further.
- Taking SBI PO mock tests at regular intervals is very essential. So that, you will get the ability to handle the difficult questions with ease.
- By regular mock test practice, you can easily avoid the normal exam fear.
- The mock tests are separately available for the prelims and mains exams. Also individual sectional and topic tests are available. So you can practice your weak areas separately and convert them into your strong zones.
SBI PO Interview:
This is the last round of the SBI PO recruitment. The candidates clearing the mains exam are called for group exercise and interview round. If you clear this round and the final cut off successfully, then the job will be in your hands. So prepare with complete dedication for these rounds. In the final round there will be a group exercise and interview. The marks allotted for the group exercise round is 20, whereas the SBI PO interview is conducted for 30 marks. Thus the maximum marks for the final stage is 50.
Documents Required For SBI PO Interview:
The third and final round of the SBI PO recruitment is group exercise and interview. The documents required for SBI PO interview round are listed below for your reference.
- Interview call letter
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Graduation certificate and mark sheets
- Experience certificate, if any
- Other documents and required Xerox copies.
These are the main documents required for SBI PO interview. Without fail carry all the documents to the interview. The required documents and Xerox lists are mentioned completely in the call letter. So refer to it and keep all the documents ready for the interview.
SBI PO Interview Questions:
As the SBI PO interview is the last round, the candidates will be in nervous mode. The candidates selected for interview should learn more tips for interviews. Here we have added some general SBI PO interview questions. You can prepare by taking reference to these questions. Some common SBIO PO interview questions will be in the lines of,
- It may be related to your educational background like Why Engineering? as such.
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Questions related to your previous job experience.
- Why you chose banking job for your career?
Some of the SBI PO interview questions for your sample are given below.
Q: What are the types of accounts in bank?
A: The different types of accounts in a bank are,
- Savings account
- Current account
- Fixed deposit account
- Recurring deposit account
- Demat account
- NRI, NRE, NRO accounts, etc.
Q: What are the punch lines of SBI?
A: The punch lines of SBI are,
- The Nation banks on us
- The banker to every Indian
- Pure Banking Nothing Else
Q: What are the demand deposit and term deposit accounts in bank?
A: Savings account and current accounts are known as the demand deposit accounts. While, the fixed deposit and recurring deposit are known as the term deposit accounts.
SBI PO Interview Tips:
For SBI PO interview round we have added some tips for you. In the last round of SBI PO recruitment group exercise and interview are conducted.
- Make you thorough with the recent current affairs of last 4 to 6 months. Also you can expect more questions related to banking awareness and terminologies.
- Dress code for the interview is formal shirt, pants and shoes. Avoid jeans pants, T-shirts and other casual wears.
- Be ready for the interview with a neat and well groomed look.
- Carry all the required documents mentioned in the interview call letter.
- Reach the venue earlier than the time mentioned in the call letter.
- Put your mobile in the silent mode and then enter the interview hall with permission.
- Greet everyone with a smile and take your seat after they offered.
- Don’t show a nervous attitude in the interview. Answer all the questions confidently.
SBI PO Admit Card:
The SBI PO admit card is normally released at around 2 weeks before the exam. In the admit card the details of the exam venue, date and time are mentioned. It is compulsory to take the admit card to the exam. Or else you will be not allowed to take the exam. Apart from these, the SBI PO admit card will have the candidate’s roll number, registration number, photo and some exam instructions. The candidates have to study all the information and follow them in a strict manner. To download the admit card we have given the steps here,
- Log on to the official website of SBI.
- In the home page, click on the link to download the SBI PO admit card.
- In that page enter your roll number and password in the given space. Then enter the captcha code and give submit button.
- Your admit card will appear on the screen. Then you can take a print out of it.
Get More to Download SBI PO Admit Card
SBI PO Reserve List:
SBI PO reserve list is the waiting list of the candidates of previous recruitment. Every year after announcing the final results, some candidates are kept in the reserve list. Those SBI PO reserve list are used to accommodate the unfilled vacancies due to various reasons.
SBI PO Results:
The SBI PO results are released on the official website. The candidates follow the steps given here to check your results at any stage of recruitment.
- Visit the official website of SBI to know the result status.
- After opening the result link the roll / registration number and password.
- Enter the captcha code and give submit option.
- Then a page opens in which you can check your SBI PO result status.
The total marks for the mains exam is 250. The mains mark is converted out of 75. The total marks for the final group exercise and interview round is 50. It will be converted out of 25 marks. By adding these two, a final cut off out of 100 marks is fixed. Based on this cut off, merit list is prepared and the SBI PO final results are announced.
SBI PO FAQs:
Candidates may have various doubts about the SBI PO recruitment. To clarify those doubts, we have added here several frequently asked questions.
Q: What is the selection procedure for SBI PO?
A: SBI will carry out a 3 stage selection process. They are,
- Group exercise and Interview
Q: Is there any interview round in the SBI PO recruitment process?
A: Yes, the third round of the SBI PO recruitment process will have a group exercise and interview.
Q: Is there any sectional cut off for the SBI PO exam?
A: No. For both prelims and mains exam there is no sectional cut off. It is enough with clearing the overall cut off.
Q: What are the marks allotted for the group exercise and interview?
A: The marks allotted for the group exercise is 20. Also for the interview round a total of 30 marks are allocated. So, the total marks for the final round of SBI PO recruitment is 50.
Q: The descriptive test in the mains exam is conducted in which mode?
A: The descriptive test is held in a typing mode. You have to type the letter writing and essay in the available page of your exam.
Q: Is there sectional timings for the prelims and mains of SBI PO exam 2020?
A: Yes, for both prelims and mains exams sectional timings are available as per the exam pattern.
Q: Is there any restrictions in the number of chances to take the SBI PO exam?
A: The candidates have limitations in the number of times he / she could apply for the SBI PO recruitment. This number will vary based upon the category of the candidate.
|Category||Maximum permissible number of chances|
|General / EWS||4|
|General / EWS (PWD)||7|
|SC / SC (PWD) / ST / ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
Q: What are the scanned documents that should be uploaded in the SBI PO online application?
A: You should upload the scanned copies of your signature and passport size photograph. The size and format of the scanned documents should be in the range specified in the original notification. It is given below for your reference.
- Preferred dimensions of photograph – 200*300 pixels
- File size of photograph – 20 Kb to 50 Kb
- Preferred dimensions of signature – 140*60 pixels
- File size of signature – 10 KB to 20 Kb
Q: What is the compensatory time for the candidates eligible to use scribe?
A: Some candidates are eligible to use scribe under certain conditions as prescribed in the official notification. For such candidates, a compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of examination is allowed.