The State Bank of India has released the notification for SBI PO recruitment. The candidates should check their SBI PO eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Here we have clearly explained all the details about the SBI PO eligibility criteria for 2021.
The candidates will check for many pieces of information in the notification. That includes vacancy, apply online dates, exam dates, exam pattern, selection process, etc. One of such main factors is the eligibility criteria. there are various eligibility criteria points that the candidates have to check. There may also be some relaxation in the norms. So the candidates have to be aware of all the details before they apply online process. Completely ensure that you are eligible in all the mandatory norms said in the official notification. Then start to apply for the exam. Here there are several SBI PO 2021 eligibility criteria factors that candidates must know in detail. All the norms are discussed in detail.
List of SBI PO Eligibility Criteria Factors
The list of important eligibility norms is given here.
- Educational Qualification
These 3 factors are the most important eligibility criteria for SBI PO, that candidates have to fulfill. Apart from these norms, there are certain other conditions that candidates have to fulfill. All the points are explained in a detailed manner.
The first and foremost SBI PO eligibility criteria is nationality. Only Indian citizens can apply for this recruitment. The citizens of the other countries are not considered for this recruitment. If the candidates of other nations apply for this post, their application will get rejected.
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum age – 30 years
Age relaxation is applicable to each category. The age relaxation details are given in the below table.
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non-creamy layer||3 years|
|PWD (SC / ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (Gen / EWS)||10 years|
|A person domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
The candidates must have at least a degree from a recognized University to apply for this exam. This is the basic educational eligibility criteria for the SBI PO 2021 exam. Refer also the additional points given below.
Additional Points Regarding Educational Eligibility
- The final year candidates can also apply for this exam. But at the time of the interview, those candidates should show proof of passing the degree.
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD.
- Candidates having qualification of Chartered Accountant can also apply for this recruitment.
- The date of passing the degree exam is the date present on the provisional certificate or mark sheet given by the university. So mention the date carefully by referring to the mark sheet or provisional certificate.
- If the University has published the result on their online website, you have to get a certificate from that University. The certificate should contain the date on which the result was posted on the website. Consider that date as the date of passing.
- The graduation percentage of marks are denoted with the nearest two decimals.
- If only CGPA / OGPA is available, convert that into a percentage and mention it in your online application. For this conversion to the percentage, candidates have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority. this certificate should state the norms of the University regarding the conversion of grade into a percentage. Also, the percentage of marks scored by the candidate should be within the denoted norms in the certificate.
- In percentage calculation, you have to divide the total marks of all subjects obtained in all semesters by the aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects. The fraction of percentage so arrived is not considered for the higher round-off. That is 69.99% is considered as less than 70% and 64.99% will be considered as less than 65% only.
To apply for the SBI PO exam 2021, you have to fulfill some other eligibility criteria norms also. They are mentioned below for your reference.
- The candidates having default in the repayment of loans or credit card dues, are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates whose name bears adverse reports of CIBIL or other external agencies available are not eligible.
- Candidates with bad reports against their character, moral turpitude, and antecedents are not eligible for this recruitment.
So candidates check all the eligibility criteria for SBI PO 2021 given here. Even if you fail in any one of the mandatory norms, you are not eligible to apply for this post.
Get More: Fill SBI PO Application 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Here some of the FAQs are added to clear the doubts of the candidates. If you have any doubt, refer here and then apply for the exam.
Q: I am studying B.E., the final year. Can I apply for the SBI PO 2021 recruitment?
A: Yes you can still apply for this recruitment as per the eligibility criteria for SBI PO 2021 notification. But after the selection, you should show the degree certificate at the time of document verification.
Q: I am possessing a Chartered Accountant qualification. Am I eligible for this recruitment?
A: As per the SBI PO 2021 eligibility criteria in the notification, the chartered accountant candidates can apply for this exam.
Q: Can I mention my CGPA in the online application form of SBI PO 2021?
A: No, you should not mention the CGPA. you should convert the CGPA into a percentage. For that submit the relevant certificates from the University.
Q: My actual percentage in my degree qualification is 79.60%. Shall I mention it as 80% in the online application form?
A: No, it is not acceptable. Mention the percentage accurately up to two decimal points.
Q: I am a candidate belonging to the EWS category. Do I have any relaxation in the age factor?
A: No, you do not have relaxation in age.
Q: What are the maximum permissible chances for appearing in the SBI PO exam? A: The maximum permissible chance will depend upon the category of the candidate. The details are in the table below.
|Category||The maximum permissible number of chances|
|General / EWS||4|
|General / EWS (PWD)||7|
|SC / SC (PWD) / ST / ST (PWD)||No Restriction|