Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- Global Family Day is celebrated every Year January 1
- Global Family Day is an international day of peace and sharing celebrated every January 1 by the citizens of the world
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government Extends CLSS for MIG scheme till 31st march, 2020
- The Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) for Middle Income Group (MIG)Scheme has been extended by another 12 months till 31.03.2020.
- Till December 30 this year, around 3,39,713 beneficiaries have availed the CLSS under the PMAY (Urban),
- Under the CLSS, the MIG beneficiaries with an annual income of above Rs 6 lakh and up to Rs 12 lakh would get an interest subsidy of four per cent on a 20-year loan component of Rs 9 lakh.
- Those with an annual income exceeding Rs 12 lakh and up to Rs 18 lakh would get interest subsidy of three per cent.
ISRO Launched Samwad with Students Programme
- As part of the enhanced outreach programme of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), a new platform named Samwad with Students (SwS) was launched in Bengaluru.
- The Indian Space agency will engage youngsters across the country in activities concerning space science under this programme.
- During the inauguration in Bengaluru yesterday, 40 students and 10 teachers from select schools interacted with ISRO Chairman Dr. K Sivan about the Indian Space Programme and their benefits to the common man.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
The U.S. and Israel Quit the U.N.’s Cultural Agency UNESCO
- The United States and Israel officially quit the U.N.’s educational, scientific and cultural agency,
- UNESCO is best known for its work to preserve heritage, including maintaining a list of World Heritage sites, and programmes to promote education in developing countries.
- Before The US has pulled out of UNESCO in 1984 because it viewed the agency as mismanaged, corrupt, and used to advance Soviet interests. The US rejoined in 2003.
|UNESCO Headquarters||Paris, France|
China Building “Most Advanced” Naval Warships for Pakistan
- China is building the first of four ‘most advanced’ naval frigates for Pakistan as part of a major bilateral arms deal to ensure ‘balance of power’ in the Indian Ocean.
- The warship will be capable of anti-submarine and air-defence operations.
- The ships are of the Type 054AP class, meaning that it is based on the Type 054A of the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Madhya Pradesh Government to Create an Adhyatmik Vibhag(spiritual department)
- MadhyaPradesh Government announced that it is going to create an Adhyatmik Vibhag (spiritual department) by merging several existing department.
- The ‘Anand Vibhag’ (Department of Happiness) set up by the previous government in the state, a first in the country, would be incorporated into the new department.
- The proposed Adhyatmik Vibhag (Spiritual Department) going to be formed by merging DharmikNyasEvamDharmasv Department (Religious Trust and Endowment Department), Anand Vibhag (Happiness Department) in addition to the Directorate of Religious Trust and Endowment, Madhya Pradesh TeerthEvamMelaPradhikaran and RajyaAnandSansthan.
|Madhya Pradesh Capital||Bhopal|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Allahabad Bank, SBI Life Join hand for Bancassurance Partnership
- State-owned Allahabad Bank has tied up with SBI Life Insurance to sell the policies of the insurer from over 3,200 branches.
- The tie-up, one of the largest Bancassurance partnerships in the country, will see 3,238 branches of Allahabad Bank across the country offer SBI Life’s range of protection, wealth creation and savings products to its customers
RBI Allowed one-time restructuring of loans to MSME sector
- Reserve Bank of India allowed a one-time restructuring of existing debt up to Rs. 25 crore for the companies which have defaulted on payment but the loans given to them have continued to be classified as standard assets.
- The decision will help the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) which are facing cash crunch in the wake of demonetisation and GST implementation.
Government sets up export promotion cell for MSMEs
- The MSME ministry has established an export promotion cell to create a sustainable ecosystem for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs),
- The ministry has also proposed to formulate a governing council that will be chaired by secretary of the MSME ministry.
- The Cell would evaluate readiness of MSMEs to export their products and services, recognise areas where improvements are required in order to be able to export effectively and efficiently and integration of MSME into global value chain.
|Minister of MSME||Shri Giriraj Singh|
RBI allows Paytm Bank to restart account opening
- Paytm Payments Bank has received the green light from the Reserve Bank of India to restart opening accounts for its customers
- Paytm Payments Bank had stopped enrolling new customers from 20 June following an audit by RBI, which made certain observations about the process the company follows in acquiring new customers and its adherence to know your customer (KYC) norms.
|Managing Director and CEO||Satish Kumar Gupta|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Supreme Court judge Justice Madan B LokurRetired
- He was a senior advocate for two years before he became an Additional Judge in 1999. He went on to serve in the High Courts of Delhi, Gauhati and Andhra Pradesh. His tenure in the Supreme Court began in June 2012.
- He played an active role in the pursuit of judicial reforms — computerisation of courts, judicial education, legal aid and legal services
P K Singh Appointed as Competition Commission of India secretary
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) appointed Pramod Kumar Singh as its secretary, Prior to this, P K Singh was adviser (law) to the competition watchdog.
- The secretary would act as the nodal officer for the Commission for making or receiving all statutory information and entering into the any formal relationships including signing of memorandums with any foreign agency or other agency with prior approval from Commission and government.
- The Commission was established in 2003 to replace the erstwhile Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Commission.
V K Yadav takes charge as Chairman, Railway Board
- Vinod K. Yadav, General Manager of South Central Railway (SCR), took charge as, Railway Board Chairman.
- Yadav succeeds AshwaniLohani, who retired in December.
- He is an electrical engineer and belongs to the 1980 batch of the Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
- He has served two years as a General Manager of South Central Railway, from January 2017.
Justice AK Sikri Nominated as Executive Chairman of NALSA
- Justice AK Sikri was nominated as the Executive Chairman of National Legal Services Authority (NALSA).
- The NALSA was constituted under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 to provide free legal services to the weaker sections of the society and to organise LokAdalats for amicable settlement of disputes.
- The post got vacant after the retirement of Justice Madan B Lokur.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India to grow by 7.5% in 2019;Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- A settled goods and services tax (GST), improving credit availability and capacity expansion from increasing investment in infrastructure are among seven key drivers that will help Indian economy grow 7.5% next year.
- Growth Outlook for 2019’, CII stated that amid growing global vulnerabilities of trade wars and US monetary tightening,India shines as the fastest growing major economy with robust gross domestic product (GDP) in 2018 that is expected to continue to expand in 2019.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
JaspritBumrah Becomes Highest International Wicket-Taker in 2018
- India pacer JaspritBumrah finished 2018 as the highest wicket-taker across all formats in the calendar year, He has picked up 78 wickets across all formats in 2018.
- The South African Bowler KagisoRabada, has taken 77 wickets in 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Veteran Actor Kader Khan Passed Away
- Veteran Actor Kader Khan Passed Away
- Kader Khan was an Afghan-born Indian-Canadian film actor, screenwriter, comedian, and director. He was born in 22 October 1937 Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Kader Khan made his acting debut in 1973 with Rajesh Khanna’s “Daag”. He wrote dialogues for over 250 movies. Before becoming an actor he had written dialogues for RandhirKapoor-Jaya Bachchan’s “JawaniDiwani”.
ARPAnet lead, early internet pioneer Larry Roberts Passed Away
- One of the early architects of the internet Larry Roberts who was the program manager for ARPAnet,Passed Away
- Roberts latched on to the concept of computer-to-computer networks in the 1960s