Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Pan-Aadhaar linking deadline extended by 6 months
- The CBDT extended the deadline to link PAN with Aadhaar by six months from March 31 to September 30, 2019.
- However, it’ll be mandatory to quote and link Aadhaar while filing income tax return from April 1, 2019 unless specifically exempted.
- This is the sixth time the government has extended the deadline for individuals to link their Permanent Account Number (PAN) to Aadhaar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Vijaya Bank, Dena Bank to merge with Bank of Baroda
- In a first three-way amalgamation, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank will merge with Bank of Baroda to create the third-largest lender of the country.
- The customers including depositors of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank will be treated as customers of Bank of Baroda with effect from 1st April this year.
- The first-ever three-way consolidation of banks in India, with a combined business of 14.8 lakh crore rupees, making it the third-largest bank after State Bank of India and ICICI Bank.
|Bank of Baroda CEO||P. S. Jayakumar|
|Bank of Baroda Headquarters||Vadodara|
|Bank of Baroda Tagline||India’s International Bank|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Air Marshal NS Dhillon appointed as new Strategic Forces Command Chief
- Air Marshal NS Dhillon was appointed as the new Strategic Forces Command Chief.
- The Strategic Forces Command looks after the strategic nuclear arsenal of the country.
- Air Marshal Dhillon topped the Fighter Strike Leader Course at TACDE and also served there as the Head of Training and Deputy Commandant.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
GAIL, BHEL tie up for development of solar power projects
- Maharatna public sector units GAIL India Ltd and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) have inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the development of solar power projects.
- The MoU is aimed at building a closer strategic partnership between the two state-owned companies for jointly pursuing commercial solar power projects through participation in tariff and viability gap funding based competitive bidding process.
- India has set a target to achieve 100 GW of solar power by 2022 so that all citizens can have round-the-clock access to uninterrupted electricity.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
ISRO opens its first visitor’s gallery to watch rocket launches
- In a first, ISRO opened a visitors’ gallery with 5,000 capacity at Andhra Pradesh’s Sriharikota island.
- The gallery has a clear line of sight to two launch pads and large screens to explain launcher and satellite features.
- This comes as ISRO is launching defence satellite EMISAT along with 28 foreign satellites.
ISRO successfully launched India’s latest EMISAT defence satellite
- TheIndian Space Research Organization, ISRO, launched India’s latest satellite EMISAT and 28 other smaller satellites was launched from the Sriharikota spaceport
- PSLV-C45 successfully injected EMISAT in a 748-km orbit and 28 other satellites in a 504-km orbit
- The rocket PSLV C45 flew in a new configuration called “QL.”In this configuration, the rocket is fitted with four longer versions ofstrap-on motors that provide the vehicle the required additional thrust. Earlier, the rocket used to be in “XL” version with six strap-on motors or twoor with no strap-on motors known as core alone configuration
- The other 28 international satellites are 25 3U type, two 6U type and one 2U type nano satellites. They are from Lithuania (two), Spain (1), Switzerland (1) and the United States (24).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India offers USD 100 Million LOC to Bolivia, inks multiple agreements
- Under the framework of South-South Cooperation, India has offered $100 million Line of Credit to Bolivia for financing development projects.
- Accompanied by a 100-member strong official delegation, President Ramnath Kovind had wide ranging discussions with his counterpart President Evo Morles of Bolivia.
- The discussions focussed on political, economic and cultural issues including space, mining, IT, pharmaceutical and traditional medicines.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Jharkhand’s Dhanbad tops 4G availability list in India
- According to report ‘OpenSignal’s Hottest city for 4G Availability’ released by OpenSignal, Dhanbad, which is also known as the coal capital of India has the highest 4G availability of 95.3%, followed by Ranchi which has 95% of 4G Availability.
- The report revealed 4G Availability across the top 50 Indian cities
- Both Ranchi and Dhanbad are two cities in Jharkhand and they are the only two cities to have over 95% of 4G coverage
- Srinagar is one of the remote areas in the country stood third on the list with 4G Availability score of 94.9%.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Lewis Hamilton wins Bahrain Grand Prix
- Five times world champion Lewis Hamilton won the Bahrain Grand Prix
- Valtteri Bottas, winner of the opener in Australia, took second place to stay top of the championship standings by a point from team mate Hamilton.
Roger Federer lifts his 4th ATP Miami Open title
- Roger Federer lifted his fourth ATP Miami Open title with an emphatic 6-1, 6-4 win over defending champion John Isner
- It was his 28th Masters title and the 101st overall and he also won 20 Grand Slam singles titles
- Federer is now behind only America’s Jimmy Connors with 109 career singles titles.
South Korea defeats India in Sultan Azlan Shah cup
- India has lost to South Korea in the final of Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey tournament at Ipoh in Malaysia.
- The host Malaysia Has secured the 3rd place. Manpreet Singh was the captain of Indian Hockey Team.
- Asian games Gold medalist Japan stood at 5th place
/ 5. Reviews