Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Vegan Day
- World Vegan Day is an annual event celebrated by vegans around the world every 1 November.
- The claimed benefits of veganism for humans and the natural environment are celebrated through activities such as setting up stalls, hosting potlucks, and planting memorial trees.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
UNESCO includes Mumbai, Hyderabad in network of ‘Creative Cities’ on occasion of World Cities Day
- UNESCO has announced that Mumbai and Hyderabad have been included in its network of ‘Creative Cities’ on the occasion of World Cities Day 2019.
- Mumbai has been designated as Creative City of Films and Hyderabad a Creative City of Gastronomy.
- In India, Chennai and Varanasi are UNESCO cities of music while Jaipur is the City of Crafts and Folk Arts.
- By joining the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN), the cities pledge to share their best practices and develop partnerships involving public and private sectors as well as civil society to strengthen creation, production, distribution and dissemination of cultural activities, goods and services
- The network covers seven creative fields: crafts and folk arts, media arts, film, design, gastronomy, literature and music.
5 lakh government vehicles to be converted into e-vehicles to make them eco-friendly
- Minister for Environment and Climate Change PrakashJavadekar said that all the 5 lakh government vehicles on conventional fuel will be converted into e-vehicle in a phased manner.
- These e-vehicle are eco-friendly and save consumption of petrol and diesel.
- These e-vehicles can play major role in curbing high level of pollution in Delhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
World’s first blockchain-based carbon trading exchange in Singapore
- Singapore-based AirCarbonPte launched the worlds’ first blockchain-based carbon trading exchange. This will allow airlines and other corporate buyers to buy as well sell tokens backed by carbon offset credits approved by the International Civil Aviation Organisation.
- The company is applying to the Monetary Authority of Singapore for a recognized market operator license and targets for the exchange to be fully operational in 2020.
- The AirCarbon Exchange will finance the registration costs of some carbon-mitigation projects at no charge to developers to help generate credits to trade.
China to roll out world’s largest 5G mobile phone network
- China’s three state-owned wireless carriers will announce the introduction of 5G mobile phone services, a milestone in the country’s push to become a technology power even as it remains locked in a trade war with the U.S.
- The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will unveil the service debuts at a technology exhibition in Beijing.
- While some other countries launched 5G services earlier this year, China will have the largest commercial operating 5G network in the world.
- Subscribers in China — more than 10 million have pre-registered to take the service — will have access to faster videos and games, more virtual reality applications and improved performance for mobile videoconferencing.
- The largest cities including Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen will get full coverage first.
|China Currency||Renminbi, Yuan|
|China President||Xi Jinping|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Jammu And Kashmir, Ladakh To Get New Bamboo Technology Parks
- Union Minister and Minister of Development of North Eastern Region Dr. Jitendra Singh announced that Bamboo Technology Parks would be set up in the two new Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
- He also mentioned that The Cane and Bamboo Technology Centre (CBTC) under NEC will help implement the project.
- The project for setting up three new Bamboo Technology Parks in Jammu, Srinagar, and Leh would be in consonance with the National Bamboo Mission (NBM). A Bamboo Industrial Park has already been approved to be set up in the DimaHasao district of Assam.
Kolkata International Film Festival
- The Kolkata International Film Festival will start on November 8. Satyajit Ray directed GupiGayen, BhaghaBayen will be the inaugural film of this festival. Cine Super-star Amitabh Bachchanand Shahrukh Khan, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and a galaxy of Bollywood and Tollywood stars will be present at the inaugural programme of the festival.
- Germany is the Focus Country of this year’s festival.
- In all, 214 Feature Films and 152 Short and Documentary Films from 76 countries will be screened at 17 venues during eight-day long extra-vaganza.
|West Bengal Capital||Kolkata|
|West Bengal CM||Mamata Banerjee|
|West Bengal Governor||JagdeepDhankhar|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Trai mandates minimum call ringer duration of 30 seconds
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has fixed call ring time at 30 seconds for mobile phones and 60 seconds for landline phones, in case the call is neither answered nor rejected by the subscriber.
- The time duration of alert for an incoming voice call, which is neither answered nor rejected by the called party, shall be thirty seconds for cellular mobile telephone service and sixty seconds for basic telephone service.
- The typical ring time in mobile networks is between 30-45 seconds, while it ranges between 60 and 120 seconds for landline networks.
|Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)|
|TRAI Chairperson||Ram Sewak Sharma|
|TRAI Headquarters||New Delhi|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Chandrayaan-2 Orbiter Payload Detects Argon-40 in Lunar Exosphere
- The Chandra’s Atmospheric Composition Explorer-2 (CHACE-2) payload aboard the Chandrayaan-2 Orbiter has detected Argon-40, said Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- According to ISRO, the Orbiter that is orbiting the moon has detected Argon-40 from an altitude of about 100 km.
- Argon-40 (40Ar), which is one of the isotopes of the noble gas Argon, is an important constituent of the lunar exosphere.
- Planetary scientists prefer to call the thin gaseous envelope around the Moon as the ‘Lunar exosphere’ since it is so tenuous that the gas atoms very rarely collide with each other.
- Argon-40 or 40Ar originates from the radioactive disintegration of Potassium-40 (40K).
IIT Delhi to Set up Space Technology Cell in Collaboration with ISRO
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) is going to set up a space technology cell in collaboration with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati and IIT Roorkee where the Space Technology Cells (STCs) have been set up to play a major role in taking up the space technology research and applications to the newer heights.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Dhanlaxmi Bank MD & CEO T Latha Resigns
- T Latha has submitted her resignation as MD & CEO and director of the Bank, Vide her letter dated 30 October 2019 due to personal reasons.
- Ms Latha was appointed as MD and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank for three years following retirement of G Sreeram.
|Dhanlaxmi Bank CEO||–|
|Dhanlaxmi Bank Headquarters||Thrissur, Kerala|
|Dhanlaxmi Bank Tagline||Tann. Mann. Dhan|
Air Marshal AmitTiwari takes over as SAC chief
- Air Marshal AmitTiwari has taken over as Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C) of the Southern Air Command (SAC).
- A guard of honour was presented to Air Marshal Tiwari on taking over the command.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Kerala Governor inaugurates Ayurveda summit
- As many as 400 industry leaders and delegates from SAARC, GCC and African countries have gathered in Kochi for the third edition of Global Ayurveda Summit 2019.
- The two-day summit organized by CII will deliberate on the theme “Mainstreaming Ayurveda through Startups, Innovation and Branding”.
- Ayurveda has been one of the treasures of ancient Indian knowledge that has stood the test of time. It has attracted worldwide attention and is growing at a compounded annual growth rate of 16.2 per cent.
- The demand for Ayurveda treatments are increasing and called for focussed efforts to spread this ancient medicine.
|Kerala Governor||Arif Mohammad Khan|
7th India-US Economic and Financial Partnership meeting held in Delhi
- The 7th India – US Economic and Financial partnership meeting was held in New Delhi.
- During meeting both sides took stock of the efforts undertaken to further improve mutual cooperation on a wide range of multilateral subjects including anti-money laundering and combating financing of terrorism.
- They also discussed capital flows investment in infrastructure and deepening of financial relations.
|US Capital||Washington DC|
|US President||Donald Trump|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India to conduct 1st joint military exercise with Uzbekistan, focus on counter-terrorism
- India and Uzbekistan will carry out a joint military exercise ‘Dustlik-2019’, the first-ever exercise between the armies of the two nations, will be held from November 4 to 13 at Chirchiq training area in Uzbekistan.
- It will focus on counter-insurgency and counter-terrorist operations in mountainous, rural and urban areas.
- “The aim of the exercise is to build and promote positive relations between the armies of India and Uzbekistan.
- A 45-member Indian Army contingent will participate in the exercise. The troops have been put through a strenuous training schedule, including firing, heliborne operations, combat conditioning, tactical operations and house intervention drills.
|Uzbekistan Currency||Uzbekistani som|