Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Amit Shah flags off Delhi-KatraVande Bharat Express
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah flaggedoff the Delhi-KatraVande Bharat Express today from the New Delhi RailwayStation
- Train number 22439 New Delhi-KatraVandeBharat Express will depart from the New Delhi Railway Station at 6 am to reachKatra at 2 pm
- On the return journey the same day, trainnumber 22440 Katra-New Delhi ‘Vande Bharat’ Express will leave from the KatraRailway Station at 3 pm to reach the New Delhi Railway Station at 11 pm. Trainwill ply on all days of the week except for Tuesday.
- This is the second Vande Bharat Express,the first one runs between Delhi and Varanasi.
Air India Launches ”NamaskarSewa” For Passengers At Delhi Airport
- National carrier Air India has started “NamaskarSewa” at Delhi airport to provide better services to the passengers.
- “NamaskarSewa” is a meet-and-greet service through which Air India staff will take care of its passengers from the airport entry gate till the passengers board the aircraft. The airline will charge passengers for this service.
- “For Namaskarsewa, we have fixed nominal charges for domestic passengers – Rs. 750 and for international passengers, it will Rs. 1,500,”
ISRO to celebrate ‘World Space Week’ with 7 academic institutions in Karnataka
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has declared World Space Week’ as an annual event to be commemorated between October 4 to October 10 every year
- As a part of World Space Week program, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has joined hands with seven academic institutions across Karnataka to spread information and knowledge about the benefits of space science and technologies to the student community.
- The programme will start on October 4 and will continue till October 10
- The one day program consists of various competitions for students, an exhibition of satellite models, posters, videos and talks depicting the past, present, and future of Indian space program.
- The space agency has invited students to participate in these events and enrich themselves about space activities in general and activities of ISRO-U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC).
- URSC is the lead centre of ISRO, which is responsible for design, development and realisation of satellites for the Indian space program aimed at benefitting the common man.
|Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Telangana becomes fully electrified state
- Telangana has become one the fully electrified states in the country after providing electricity to over 5 lakh 15 thousand households under the SoubhagyaYojana introduced by the Centre in October 2017.
- During the last two years, the entire state has been covered and the households in remote areas have been provided electricity under the SahajBijiliGharYojana (Soubhagya).
- In Telangana state, over 5 lakh 15 thousand households especially those in the remote areas have been electrified during the past 2 years achieving 100 per cent coverage.
|Telangana CM||Chandrasekhar Rao|
Chhattisgarh Government to Launch 5 New Schemes on Gandhi Jayanti
- Chhattisgarh government, under the leadership of Chief Minister BhupeshBaghel, launched five new schemes on October 2, to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The schemes are
- MukhyamantriSuposhanAbhiyaan (Chief Minister Nutrition Scheme)
- MukhyamantriHaat Bazaar Clinic Yojana (Chief Minister Market Clinic Scheme)
- MukhyamantriShahariya slum SwasthyaYojana (Chief Minister Urban Slum Health Scheme)
- Universal PDS scheme and Mukhyamantri ward Karyalaya (Chief Minister Ward Offices)
- MukhyamantriSuposhanAbhiyaan has been started as a pilot project since June 2019 in some gram panchayats in Bastar, Chhattisgarh and other forest areas of the state.
- Under the scheme, fresh and nutritious food has been provided to malnourished children and anaemic women with the help of panchayats and self-help groups.
|Chhattisgarh Capital||Atal Nagar|
Rajasthan Bans Certain Categories of Pan Masala to Curb Addiction Among Youth
- The Rajasthan government announced a ban on pan masala containing magnesium carbonate, nicotine, tobacco, mineral oil and flavoured ‘supari’ in the state.
- All such products will now be banned in the state under the Food Safety Act.
- Rajasthan has become the third state after Maharashtra and Bihar to announce such a move.
|Rajasthan CM||Ashok Gehlot|
|Rajasthan Governor||Kalraj Mishra|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Madagascar to issue postal stamp on Mahatma Gandhi
- Madagascar is set to issue a postal stamp bearing the image of Mahatma Gandhi to celebrate his 150th birth anniversary
- The island nation had issued a postal stamp on Mahatma Gandhi back in 1998.
- India’s Ambassador to Madagascar Abhay Kumar had recently unveiled a plaque of a road named after Mahatma Gandhi
|Madagascar Currency||Malagasy ariary|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Current account deficit narrows to 2% of GDP in Q1FY20: RBI
- India’s current account deficit (CAD) narrowed to $14.3 billion or 2% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) during April-June quarter from 2.3% during the same period a year ago.
- However, on a sequential basis, CAD widened from $4.6 billion or 0.7% of GDP.
- The CAD contracted on a year-on-year (y-o-y) basis, primarily on account of higher invisible receipts at $31.9 billion as compared with $29.9 billion a year ago.
- CAD is one of the key indicators of an economy’s health and measures the difference between the value of the goods and services a country imports and the value of its exports.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikant Das|
|RBI Deputy Governor||BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
NBFC Paisalo Digital signs co-origination loan pact with Bank of Baroda
- Non-banking finance company Paisalo Digital has signed a co-origination loan agreement with government-owned Bank of Baroda to empower farmers, MSME segment and small businesses
- The company already has similar tie-ups with State Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra.
- The company already has similar tie-ups with State Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra.
- Under the agreement with Bank of Baroda, both entities will jointly reach out to prospective customers and conduct due diligence for extending small-ticket size loans ranging between Rs 10,000 to 40,000 with a special focus on Uttar Pradesh.
- The co-originating arrangement will entail a joint contribution of credit by the company and the bank. It will involve sharing of risks and rewards between the two entities
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Government appoints MallikarjunaRao as MD and CEO of PNB
- S SMallikarjunaRao appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Punjab National Bank.
- Rao currently the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Allahabad Bank, has been appointed to the new post up to September 18, 2021.
- The government in August merged United Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce with Punjab National Bank, making the proposed entity the second largest public sector bank (PSB).
|Punjab National Bank CEO||Sunil Mehta|
|Tagline||The name you can bank upon|
Abhishek Singh new MyGov CEO
- Senior IAS officer Abhishek Singh was appointed as chief executive officer of MyGov India, the government”s citizen-centric online platform.
- The 1995-batch IAS officer of Nagaland cadre will succeed tech entrepreneur Arvind Gupta, who completed his tenure in July.
- MyGov India, launched in July 2014, aims at empowering people to connect with the government and contribute towards good governance.
KapilDev resigns as BCCI Cricket Advisory Committee chief
- World Cup-winning former India captain KapilDev is the latest to quit Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Cricket Advisory Committee.
- KapilDev resigned as the chief of the CAC days after ShantaRangaswamy stepped down from the 3-member committee.
- KapilDev was appointed the chief of the ad-hoc committee former in July 2019. The CAC was tasked with the role of picking the head coaches of India women’s and men’s cricket teams. Kapil-led CAC had conducted interviews and re-appointed Ravi Shastri as head coach of ViratKohli-led senior national team.
P K Gupta appointed as CMD of NBCC
- P K Guptahas been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of NBCC(National Buildings Construction Corporation) Limited till 2023.
- He succeeds Shri Shiv Das Meena.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Kyrgyz human rights lawyer wins UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award
- A lawyerAzizbekAshurov, whose work has supported the efforts of the Kyrgyz Republic in becoming the first country in the world to end statelessness.
- He has been selected as the 2019 winner of the UN Refugee Agency’s Nansen Refugee Award.
Sachin Tendulkar gets most effective Swachhata Ambassador award
- Sachin Tendulkar bagged the ‘Most Effective Swachhata Ambassador’ award at India Today Group’s fifth edition of the Safaigiri Awards
- The award was given for utilizing his popularity and fame to ensure India achieves its goal of a Swachh Bharat.
- Sachin Tendulkar was nominated by Prime Minister NarendraModi as one of India’s swachhata ambassadors’ in 2014.
- There are awards in 16 categories: Corporate Trailblazer, Community Mobiliser, Garbage Guru, Tech Icon, Toilet Titan, River-Cleaning Initiative, Water Warrior, Best Sanitation App, Cleanest Religious Place, Cleanest City, Cleanest School District, Most Effective Swachhata Ambassador, Waste Wealth Creators, Cleanest Railway Station, Best Institution for Sanitation Skill Training and Cleanest Village
Ben Stokes wins PCA Players’ Player of Year award
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes won the Professional Cricketers’ Association Players’ Player of the Year title
- Stokes won the award for his exceptional performance in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. The all-rounder amassed 465 runs including 84 (not out) in the final against New Zealand.
- Somerset batsman Tom Bantonwas voted young player of the year
- Sophie Ecclestone was named as the women’s player of the summer,
- Other award winners included ODI player of the summer Chris Woakes, Test player of the summer Stuart Broad, and County Championship player of the year Harmer.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
“The Tech Whisperer” by digital transformation expert JaspreetBindra
- A new book entitled “The Tech Whisperer”,written by digital transformation expert JaspreetBindra, features a chapter on ai (artificial intelligence).The book has been published by Penguin India .
- The Tech Whisperer, as the name suggests, describes and simplifies the most revolutionary technologies like AI(Artificial Intelligence), blockchain, Internet of things, virtual reality, etc. and narrates how companies can employ these to drive their digital transformation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Prime Minister to attend ArogyaManthan function at New Delhi
- Prime Minister ShriNarendraModi will preside over the valedictory function of ArogyaManthan at VigyanBhawan.
- ArogyaManthan is a two-day event organized by the National Health Authority, to mark the completion of one year of Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY.
- A new mobile application of Ayushman Bharat will be launched by the Prime Minister at the venue.
- He will also launch the ‘Ayushman Bharat Start-Up Grand Challenge’ and will release a commemorative stamp on the occasion.
- The purpose of the ArogyaManthan is to provide a platform to meet for all the important stakeholders of PM-JAY to meet and discuss the challenges faced in the implementation of the scheme in the past year and to forge new understanding and pathways towards improving implementation.
International Conference on drug situation in NE begins
- Governor Dr NajmaHeptulla inaugurated the International Conference cum workshop on comprehensive approach to combat illicit trafficking of Afghan opiates and drug situation in North East held in Imphal,
- The conference organized by the State Government and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Regional Office, South Asia (UNODC-ROSA).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Bank of Baroda signs MoU with Indian Army for customised services
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Army under which the bank would offer customised services along with a host of facilities to account holders
- The MoU includes handsome free personal accident insurance cover, free air accident insurance cover of Rs 15 lakh to Rs 50 lakh and an overdraft facility up to three times of monthly net salary.
- The features are also applicable for pensioners of Indian Army up to the age of 70 years
|Bank of Baroda CEO||P. S. Jayakumar|
|Bank of Baroda Headquarters||Vadodara|
|Bank of Baroda Tagline||India’s International Bank|
/ 5. Reviews