Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Country’s longest single lane steel cable bridge opened in Arunachal Pradesh
- India’s longest 300 metre single lane steel cable suspension bridge was inaugurated by Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu.
- The bridge across the Siang River at Yingkiong in Upper Siang district has been named Byorung Bridge.
- It will reduce the distance from Yingkiong to Tuting town by almost 40 km. The earlier road length was 192 km.
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar|
PM Modi will inaugurate the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas on 21st January
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas on 21st January, at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
- The three days long event will attract many eminent persons of Indian origin from the world over.
- Minister of state in External Affairs General V K Singh stated that, the first day of the Divas will be dedicated to the youth.
- There will be seven sessions in the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas programme.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) is celebrated once in every two years to strengthen the engagement of the overseas Indian community with the Government of India and reconnect them with their root
- During the Convention, selected overseas Indians are also honored with the prestigious Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award to recognize their contributions to various fields both in India and abroad
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
Cabinet Approves 3 New AIIMSs in Gujarat, Jammu And Kashmir
- The Union cabinet has given its approval for establishment of three new AIIMS at Samba in Jammu, Pulwama in Kashmir and Rajkot in Gujarat
- These All India Institutes of Medical Sciences will be set up under PradhanMantriSwasthyaSurakshaYojana
- The objective is to establish the new AIIMS as Institutions of National Importance for providing quality tertiary healthcare, medical education, nursing education and research in the region,
- Establishment of new AIIMS involves creation of Hospital, Teaching Block for medical and nursing courses, residential complex and allied facilities/services,
- AIIMS New Delhi is governed by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act, 1956
National Informatics Centre Command & Control Centre inaugurated
- Minister for Electronics and IT (MeitY) Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurated the National Informatics Centre (NIC)’s Command and Control Centre (CCC).
- Prasad also inaugurated the Centre of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence (AI) developed by the NIC to help government departments improve efficiency in their service technically like photo verification of beneficiaries for grant of services in large-scale projects, distribution of subsidies etc.
- NIC has been offering Data Centre and Cloud services to the Government. Currently, it has 4 National Data Centres and 30 Mini Data Centres across the country hosting over 10,000 e-Governance applications.
|National Informatics Centre|
|Director General||Neeta Verma|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: CABINET APPROVALS
- MoU between India and Japan on Development of Advanced Model Single Window.
- MoU on Maritime issues between India and Denmark
- Signing of the TOR provide tax assistance to Swaziland
- Creation of the post of Vice Chancellor for National Rail & Transport Institute set up in Vadodara, Gujarat
- Bilateral Swap Arrangement between India and Japan.
- MoU between India and France on technical bilateral cooperation in the field of new and renewable energy
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
First ever India-Central Asia Dialogue to be held in Uzbekistan
- The first India-Central Asia Dialogue will be held in Samarkand, Uzbekistan on January 12 and 13.
- The Dialogue will be co-chaired by External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj and the Foreign Minister of Uzbekistan, AbdulazizKamilov.
- India-Central Asia Dialogue, with the participation of Afghanistan, is expected to strengthen India’s engagement, including political, economic, development partnership and cultural, with all the Central Asian countries and take it to a new level.
|Minister External Affairs||Sushma Swaraj|
|Constituency||Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Venezuela President Maduro sworn in for second term
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has been sworn in for a second term.
- Seventeen Latin American governments, the United States and Canada rejected the legitimacy of Mr.Maduro’s next term
IWF president named as Chef de Mission for Tokyo Olympics 2020
- President of the Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWF), Birendra Prasad Baishya, has been named Chef de Mission for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- It is for the first time that the Weightlifting has been accorded with the honour of Chef de Mission for the Olympics.
- The 2020 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXXII Olympiad and commonly known as Tokyo 2020is a forthcoming international multi-sport event that is scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020.
|International Olympic Committee|
Su Tseng chang appointed as Taiwan Prime Minister
- Taiwan President Tsai Ingwen has appointed Su Tseng-chang as Prime Minister, during a Cabinet reshuffle following the ruling Democratic Progressive Party’s heavy losses in local elections.
- Su Tseng-chang to replaced Lai Ching-te
|Currency||New Taiwan dollar|
Ajit Mohan appointed as Managing Director and Vice President, Facebook India
- Facebook appointed Ajit Mohan as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India
- Mohan, who was previously the CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, will join Facebook early next year
- He succeeded Umang Bedi who left the post on October 2017.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) pavilion received ‘Exhibitor of the Year Award’
- DRDO pavilion received ‘Exhibitor of the Year Award’ at 106th Indian Science Congress held at Lovely Professional University (LPU), Phagwara, Punjab
- The DRDO Pavillion at the mega science expo was inaugurated byGovernor of Punjab Shri VP Singh Badnore and Union Science and Technology Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
|DRDO Headquarters||New Delhi|
|chairman||G. Satheesh Reddy|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
BEE and CPWD signed MOU on promoting energy efficiency in buildings
- The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for co-operation in building energy efficiency.
- BEE and CPWD will cooperate on promoting designs and construction of Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) compliant new buildings,star rating of CPWD managed buildings across the country with no registration or renewal fee, awareness on energy efficiency in building sector and support for capacity building of CPWD officials in ECBC.
- In the first stage, approximately 150 buildings will be taken under a star rating scheme to promote energy efficiency in CPWD managed buildings
- The Central Public Works Department under Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)
- The Bureau of Energy Efficiency is an agency of the Government of India, under the Ministry of Power created in March 2002 under the provisions of the nation’s 2001 Energy Conservation Act.
|Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs|
|Minister of State independent charge||Hardeep Singh Puri|
|Constituency||RajyaSabha (Uttar pradesh)|
|Power and New & Renewable Energy|
|Minister of State independent charge||R.K. Singh|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
National Consultation on Child Protection’ held in New Delhi
- The First ‘National Consultation on Child Protection’ for 2019 was held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi under the Chairmanship of the Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- The meeting was organized to follow up on the exercise of monitoring of the CCIs by States/UTs, to deliberate upon various aspects of child protection and to take stock of the efforts made by States/UTs regarding improvements in the Child Care Institutions.
|Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|Union Minister||Smt Maneka Gandhi|
|Constituency||Pilibhit, Uttar Pradesh|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India Ranks 79th, Japan Tops List of Most Powerful Passports
- Henley Passport Index periodically measures the access each country’s travel document affords, India jumped two positions from 81st in 2018 to 79th this year.
- Japan retained its top spot as the world’s most travel-friendly passport due to the document’s access to 190 countries,
- The ranking is based on the extensive and exclusive data collected from the International Air Transportation Association (IATA) which maintains the world’s largest and most accurate database of travel information.
- Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nepal ranked further low at 104, 102 and 94 respectively
|AAI Chairman||Guruprasad Mohapatra|
|International Air Transportation Association (IATA)|
|CEO||Alexandre de Juniac|