Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
National Deworming Day
- The National Deworming Day is observed on February 10 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The main objective is to deworm children between the ages of (1-19) at schools and anganwadi centres in order to improve their overall health
- The government of India had launched the initiative in 2015, making it one of the largest single-day public health initiatives in India
International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- The United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution on December 2015 to observe February 11th as the “International Day of Women and Girls In science; to promote participation of women in fields related to science and technology.
- 2019 Theme: “Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth”
National Productivity Week
- National Productivity Council (NPC) observes foundation day as Productivity DayFebruary 12 and the National Productivity Week from February 12-18, 2019.
- National Productivity Council (NPC), an autonomous registered society under Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- NPC is celebrating its 61st Foundation Day on 12th February with the theme “Circular Economy for Productivity & Sustainability”.
- At the national level function to be organised between 12th to 18th February, panel discussions by experts has been organized to deliberate on the challenges, benefits and outcomes from implementation of circular economy.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India and Norway launched initiative to combat Marine Pollution
- The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change signed a letter of Intent establishing the India-Norway Marine Pollution Initiative together with the Norwegian ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Indian and Norwegian governments agreed to work more closely on oceans by signing a MoU and establishing the India-Norway Ocean Dialogue during the Norwegian Prime Minister’s visit to India in January.
- Norway and India will share experiences and competence, and collaborate on efforts to develop clean and healthy oceans, sustainable use of ocean resources and growth in the blue economy
|Norway Currency||Norwegian krone|
|Norway Prime Minister||Erna Solberg|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Abu Dhabi included Hindi as third official court language
- Abu Dhabi has decided to include Hindi as the third official language used in its courts, alongside Arabic and English, as part of a move designed to improve access to justice.
- The Abu Dhabi Judicial Department (ADJD) stated that, it has extended the adoption of interactive forms of statement of claims filed before courts by including Hindi.
- The move was aimed to provide foreigners with better access to justice, without a language barrier.
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi|
UAE Prime Minister
|Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Meghalaya government to rename Dikkibandi stadium after P A Sangma
- The Meghalaya Cabinet has decided to rename the Dikkibandi stadium in Tura town after former LokSabha Speaker PurnoASangma.
- The Dikkibandi Stadium formerly known as MP stadium
- Purno A Sangmaserved as Chief Minister of Meghalaya from 1988 to 1990
|Meghalaya Chief Minister||Conrad Sangma|
|Meghalaya Governor||Ganga Prasad|
PM Modi dedicates Visakhapatnam SPR facility to the nation
- Prime Minister dedicated to the nation the 1.33 million metric tonnes of Visakhapatnam Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) facility of the Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserve Limited (ISPRL) built at a cost of Rs. 1,178 crore
- He also inaugurated Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited’s Vashishta and S1 development project located in the Krishna-Godavari Offshore Basin
- Modi also laid the foundation stone for setting up of a new terminal of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) at Krishnapatnam. It will be built at a cost of Rs 700 crore.
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Amaravathi|
|Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister||Chandrababu Naidu|
|Andhra Pradesh Governor||ESL Narashiman|
PM Modi launched a dedicated channel ‘DD Arunprabha’ for Arunachal Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a dedicated 24×7 Satellite channel, ‘DD Arunprabha’ for Arunachal Pradesh
- DD Arunprabha is the Doordarshan’s second channel for the northeastern region, DD Northeast was the first one.
- Modi also laid the foundation stone of Film and Television Institute (FTI).
- The permanent campus of the institute will come up at Jollang-Rakap (Jote) in Arunachal Pradesh.
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar|
|Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister||Pema Khandu|
|Arunachal Pradesh Governor||BD Mishra|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
RuchiraKamboj appointed as India’s Ambassador to Bhutan
- Ruchira Kamboj appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Bhutan
- She is serving as the High Commissioner of India to South Africa since 2017
- Ruchira Kambojwas a 1987 cadre Indian Foreign Service officer
- Kamboj has previously served as the Ambassador to Permanent Delegation of India to UNESCO, Paris.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Grammy Awards 2019
- The 61st Annual Grammy Awards ceremony was held at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- The show was hosted by Alicia Keys,She has won 15 Grammys in her career.
|Album of the Year||Golden Hour, KaceyMusgraves|
Record of the Year
|Childish Gambino, “This Is America”|
Song of the Year
|Childish Gambino, “This Is America”|
|Best New Artist||DuaLipa|
|Best Music Film||“Quincy”|
|Music Video/Film||Childish Gambino, “This Is America”|
|Producer of the Year, Non-Classical||Pharrell Williams|
|Best Pop Solo Performance||Lady Gaga, “Joanne”|
|Best Pop Duo/Group Performance||Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, “Shallow”|
|Best Country Album||KaceyMusgraves, “Golden Hour”|
|Best Pop Vocal Album||Ariana Grande, “Sweetener”|
|Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album||Willie Nelson, “My Way”|
|Best Rap/Sung Collaboration||Childish Gambino, “This Is America”|
|Best Rap Song||Drake, “God’s Plan”|
|Best Rap Album||Cardi B, Invasion of Privacy|
|Best Rock Performance||Chris Cornell, “When Bad Does Good”|
|Best Rock Song||St. Vincent, “Masseduction”|
|Best Rock Album||Greta Van Fleet, “From the Fires”|
|Best Recording Package||St. Vincent, “Masseduction”|
|Best Song Written for Visual Media||Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – “Shallow”|
|Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media||Ludwig Göransson, “Black Panther”|
|Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media||
“The Greatest Showman”
|Best Comedy Album||Dave Chappelle, “Equanimity & the Bird Revelation”|
|Best Dance/Electronic Album||Justice, “Woman Worldwide”|
|Best Dance Recording||Silk City &DuaLipa, “Electricity”|
Yes Bank wins 9th edition of Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018
- Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018 announced YES BANK as winner in “Innovation in Data Science” category for their industry-first project “Yes EEE (Engage Enrich Excel)”.
- 9th edition of Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018 hosted by Government of Goa at Entertainment Society of Goa, Panaji.
- Aegis Graham Bell Awards (AGBA) has been promoting innovations and entrepreneurship in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) domain.
- Yes-EEE is a customer engagement program for the Bank’s Relationship Mangers to give them the most relevant communication point for interaction with the customer
|Yes Bank Headquarters||Mumbai|
|Yes Bank Tagline||Experience our Expertise|
|Yes Bank MD and CEO||RanaKapoor|
Pat Cummins wins Allan Border medal
- Fast bowler Pat Cummins won Australian cricket’s highest individual honor for his performances
- Cummins won the Allan Border medal for Australia’s leading men’s cricketer with 156 votes, six ahead of off-spinner Nathan Lyon, who was voted Test cricket player of the year.
- Alyssa Healy won the Belinda Clark award for the leading Australian women’s cricketer of the year.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
EIL and Mongolia signed MOU for Project Management Consultancy for oil refinery
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Engineers India Ltd and Mongolia for Project Management Consultancy for oil refinery
- Engineers India Ltd, a PSU under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- The MOU was signed on the sidelines of PETROTECH-2019 event at Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- The MoU is for Project Management Consultancy services for construction of an oil refinery plant in Mongolia by EIL.
- Government of Mongolia is in process to set-up 1.5 MMTPA greenfield crude oil refinery in Sainshand province, under Line of Credit (LoC) extended by Government of India
|Mongolia Currency||Mongolian togrog|
|Mongolia President||Khaltmaagiin Battulga|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Senior National Badminton Championships begin in Guwahati
- The 83rd edition of Senior National Badminton Championships begin in the Assamese city of Guwahati
- Defending champion Saina Nehwal and last edition’s runner-up PV Sindhu will be the biggest attractions in Women’s Singles.
- The Men’s Singles will be without defending champion HS Prannoy and runners-up KidambiSrikanth who are suffering from injuries
- This is the first time the Nationals is returning to the North-East since Guwahati last hosted it in 2010
Jamie Chadwick became the first female driver to win the MRF championship
- Jamie Chadwick from England made history by becoming the first female driver to win the MRF challenge after scoring a triple win in the final round of the season in Chennai.
- Chadwick ended the championship with 280 points, including two bonus points for the fastest lap in the last race
- Chadwick became the first woman to win a British F3 race in August