Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
World Radio Day
- World Radio Day was observed annually on 13 February
- It was proclaimed on 3 November 2011 by UNESCO’s 36th General Conference. The first World Radio Day was officially celebrated in 2012.
- The theme for this year is ‘Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace’.
National Women’s Day
- National Women’s Day was observed annually on 13 February. This day is observed on the date of birth of India’s first women governor Sarojini Naidu. Sarojini Naidu was born on 13 February 1879
- Her birthday has been selected to observe as a National Woman Day in recognition of the works done by her for uplliftment and development of women in India
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
7th session of World Government Summit held in Dubai
- Seventh session of World Government Summit held in Dubai with the participation of more than 4,000 people from 140 countries
- The World Government Summit is a neutral, non-profit organization at the intersection of government and innovation
- The World Government Summit is a global platform dedicated to shaping the future of governments worldwide. Each year, the Summit sets the agenda for the next generation of governments
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI imposed monetary penalty on seven banks
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs. 1.50 crore each on Allahabad Bank, Bank of Maharashtra and Indian Overseas Bank, and 1 crore on Andhra Bank.
- The penalty has been imposed on the public sector banks (PSBs) for non-compliance with various directions issued on monitoring of end use of funds, exchange of information with other banks, classification and reporting of frauds, and on restructuring of accounts
- The central bank also imposed a monetary penalty of 20 lakh each on HDFC Bank, IDBI Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank for non-compliance with various directions issued by the RBI on Know Your Customer (KYC) norms / anti-money laundering (AML) standards
|RBI Governor||Shaktikant Das|
|RBI Deputy Governor||BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, Viral Acharya and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Boeing appointed Salil Gupte as India head
- Boeing India announced the appointment of SalilGupte as its president with effect from March 18.
- Gupte was vice-president of Boeing Capital Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Boeing Company
- He succeeds Prat Kumar, who was appointed vice-president and program manager of Boeing’s F-15 fighter aircraft program in November 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Indian Historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam Wins Israel’s Million Dollar Dan David Prize
- Noted Indian historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam has won Israel’s prestigious Dan David Prize for this year for his work on inter-cultural encounters between Asians, Europeans and people of North and South America during the early modern era.
- He won the Israel’s prestigious USD 1 million dollar award in the category of”Past Time Dimension” for his work in macro history. He shared the award in the Past category with Professor Kenneth Pomeranz of University of Chicago
- The international Dan David Prize is awarded annually to those who have made outstanding scientific, technological and humanistic accomplishments in fields representing the past, present and future of human achievement. Three Dan David Prize are given every year.
Siddhartha Lal wins the EY Entrepreneur of the Year for 2018
- Siddhartha Lal, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Eicher Motors, was named the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2018 at the 20th edition of the EOY Awards in India
- He will now represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) in Monte Carlo, to be held between June 6 and 8
- Wipro Chairman AzimPremji received the Lifetime Achievement Award for putting the Indian information technology industry on the global map and for his philanthropic contributions to society.
- ByjuRaveendran of Think & Learn (Byju’s) got the Start-up category award for delivering record growth of over 100 per cent each year.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
First LAWASIA Human Rights conference 2019 was held in New Delhi
- LAWASIA, in association with the Bar Association of Indiahosted its 1st LAWASIA Human Rights Conference in New Delhi with a motive to explore a broad range of human rights issues of relevance in the Asia Pacific region
- The theme of the conference was “State Power, Business and Human Rights: Contemporary Challenges”.
- The conference was aimed at providing unique opportunity for lawyers and associated professional members to exchange insights and expertise on topics of significant importance to all
CREDAI YouthCon- 19 annual Youth Conclave held in New Delhi
- PM Modi addressed the CREDAI’s YouthCon–19 event at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi
- The event is organized by the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Association of India (CREDAI)
- CREDAI YouthCon is the annual Youth Conclave of CREDAI, held to bring together the future of the real estate Industry in India
- The CREDAI Youth Wing or CYW was formed to bring together the next generation of real estate builders and developers in order to nurture them to become better professionals
- CREDAI, Established in 1999, is the apex body representing real-estate developers from over 200 cities in India.
Fifth International Dam Safety Conference to be Held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- The 5thInternational Dam Safety Conference 2019 is held in Bhubaneswar as a joint initiative of the Government of India, Government of Odisha and the World Bank under aegis of the ongoing World Bank assisted Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) as a part of institutional strengthening.
- Dam Safety Conferences are being organized as an annual event in different DRIP States in collaboration with the Implementing Agencies and leading academic institutes to provide a common platform for all stakeholders including non-DRIP States
- Globally India ranks third after China and the USA in terms of the number of large dams with 5264 large dams in operation and 437 large dams under construction.
National Conference on Unani Medicine Concluded in New Delhi
- The conference was inaugurated by Dr. Najma Heptulla, Governor of Manipur in the presence of Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Union Minister for Minority Affairs
- The two-day National Conference on Unani Medicine organized by the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) as a part of 3rd Unani Day Celebrationconcluded in New Delhi.
- Theme of the conference was ‘Unani Medicine for Public Health’.
- The conference witnessed exchange of MoU for scientific collaboration in Unani Medicine between the CCRUM and JamiaHamdard, New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
NITI Aayog signed Statement of Intent with the MSDF to document systemic transformation in education
- NITI Aayog signed a Statement of Intent with the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF) to codify, document and share best practices to improve learning outcomes in public school education through systemic reforms, based on their collective experiences of working with various state governments in India
- The SOI was signed in the presence of NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant, by Alok Kumar, Adviser (HRD), NITI Aayog and BarunMohanty, Managing Director (International), MSDF.
|NITI AAYOG Vice-Chairman||Rajiv Kumar|
|NITI AAYOG CEO||Amitabh Kant|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Joint exercise ‘Rahat’ held in Jaipur
- A joint exercise – Exercise Rahat, for disaster relief held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- It was demonstrated in Jaipur, Kota, and Alwar in Rajasthan.
- A mock drill was also conducted with an earthquake like scenario in which the action of all disaster relief operation was done from the first warning of an earthquake to rescue and casualty evacuation.
- Helicopters like Chetak and Dhruv ALH were also used during the drill and other equipment for relief operations were also shown.
- Representatives from Armed Forces, National Disaster Management Response Mechanism (NDMRM), SDMA Rajasthan and DLMAs participated in the exercise.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
England World Cup-winning goalkeeper Gordon Banks passed away
- Former England football team goalkeeper Gordon Banks passed away
- He was a part of the team that lifted the World Cup trophy in the year 1966
- Banks was named Fifa goalkeeper of the year six times and earned 73 caps for England.
/ 5. Reviews