Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India’s First Aqua Mega Food Park commissioned in Andhra Pradesh
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal commissioned Godavari Mega Aqua Food Park at Tundurru Village in BhimavaramMandal, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh.
- The park is promoted by Godavari Mega Aqua Food Park Pvt. Ltd. It will be the first Mega Aqua Food Park operationalised exclusively for fish and marine products processing in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Mega Park has been set up in 57.81 acres at a cost of Rs 122.60 crore.
|Food Processing Industries Minister||Harsimrat Kaur Badal|
AYUSH Ministry launched e-AUSHADHI portal
- Minister of State (IC) for AYUSH, Shri Shripad Yesso Naik launched the e-AUSHADHI portal, for online licensing of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs.
- This e-AUSHADHI portal is intended for increased transparency, improved information management facility, improved data usability and increased accountability.
- The Minister informed that timelines will be fixed for processing of application through this portal with SMS and e-mail status updates at each step of the process.
|Minister of State for AYUSH(I\C)||Shripad Yesso Naik|
|Constituency||North Goa (Goa)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Bihar government announced universal old age pension scheme
- Bihar government has announced a universal old age pension scheme – Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna (MVPY) for all people above 60 years of age.The scheme will come into force from the 1st of April this year.
- Except those who are retired from the government service,all other people above 60 years will be eligible for 400 rupees monthly pension irrespective of caste, religion or community. Currently old age pension scheme is applicable to only the BPL category.
- The Chief Minister also announced a pension of 6,000 rupees for journalists above 60 years of age.
|Bihar Chief Minister||Nitish Kumar|
|Bihar Governor||Lalji Tandon|
Odisha Chief Minister laid the foundation stone for Subarnarekha port
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik laid the foundation stone of the Subarnarekha port in Balasore district of Odisha.
- The proposed port is being developed by Tata Steel and Creative Port Development Pvt. Ltd, which would own 51% and 49% stakes in the project respectively
- The Port Estimated to be constructed at a cost of Rs. 5,000 crore
- Patnaik also attended the Talasari festival and addressed a large gathering of youth in Balasore
|Odisha Chief Minister||Naveen Patnaik|
|Odisha Governor||Ganeshi Lal|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Macedonia officially changed its name to North Macedonia
- The country formerly known as the Republic of Macedonia officially changed its name to the Republic of North Macedonia on paper ending a decades-long dispute that should pave the way for NATO membership
- Macedonia was internationally known as FYROM – the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedoniabecause Greece objected to the use of Macedonia, the name used for its own northern region
- After declaring independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, the country chose the name Macedonia.
|Macedonia Currency||Macedonian denar|
|Macedonia President||Gjorge Ivanov|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Bradley Cooper wins Best Director from PETA for ‘A Star Is Born’
- Actor-director Bradley Cooper has won the Oscat award from animal rights organisation People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for directing his dog in A Star Is Born.
- Bradley Cooper picked up nominations in the best actor, best adapted screenplay and best picture categories, with the film getting 8 nominations in total
Deepa Mehta to be feted with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Indo-Canadian filmmaker Deepa Mehta will be given the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television.
- Mehta, best known for her Elements Trilogy – “Fire”, “Earth” and “Water”
- In May 2012, Mehta received the Governor General’s Performing Arts Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement, Canada’s highest honour in the performing arts
- The Canadian Screen Awards are awards given annually by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television recognising excellence in Canadian film, English-language television, and digital media productions.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Third Indo-German Environment Forum held in New Delhi
- Under the chairmanship of Honourable Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India, Dr. Harsh Vardhan and his German counterpart Federal Environment Minister Svenja Schulze, The third Indo-German Environment Forum was held in New Delhi
- The theme of the forum is “Cleaner Air, Greener Economy“
- The one-day event through panel discussions and parallel sessions focuses on challenges, solutions and necessary framework conditions of air pollution control, waste management and circular economy as well as implementation of NDCs and SDGs based on Paris Agreement and Agenda 2030 of UN respectively.
- Around 250 representatives of ministries, business and science as well as non-governmental organizations participated in the forum,
First Annual Conference of Media Units under I&B Ministry organized in New Delhi
- The First Annual Conference of Media Units working under Information & Broadcasting Ministry was organized at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. Union Minister of State (IC) for Information & Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore chaired the Conference.
- The focus of the Conference was on ensuring synergy between the Media Units in their day to day functioning.
- The participants also discussed the ways of using Social Media to reach target audience groups and push the boundaries of communication outreach in terms of geographical and cultural barriers.
|Minister of State for Information & Broadcasting (I\C)||Col Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore|
|Constituency||Jaipur Rural, Rajasthan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
NTPC signed a pact with SBI for Rs. 5000 crore term loan
- State-owned power giant NTPC has signed a term loan agreement for Rs. 5,000 crore with State Bank of India
- The loan facility is extended at an interest rate linked to 3-Month MCLR of the Bank.
- This loan has a door to door tenure of 15 years and will be utilised to part finance the capital expenditure of NTPC
|State Bank of India Headquarters||Mumbai|
|State Bank of India Tagline||The Banker to every Indian|
|State Bank of India Chairperson||Rajnish Kumar|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Army carried out the annual exercise named ‘Exercise Topchi’
- Indian Army demonstrated its artillery firepower by using ultra light Howitzers and indigenous Swathi weapon-locating radar at the annual ”Exercise Topchi”
- The exercise held at Deolali Camp near Nashik.
- Lt Gen YVK Mohan, Commandant of Defence Service Staff College (DSSC), Wellington, Lt Gen R S Salaria, Commandant, School of Artillery and Colonel Commandant Regiment of Artillery and other Army officials were present on the occasion
|Defence Minister||Nirmala Sitharaman|
|Constituency||Rajya Sabha Karnataka|
|Chief of the Army Staff||General Bipin Rawat|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Clouded Leopard will be mascot for National Games 2022 in Meghalaya
- Meghalaya’s state animal Clouded Leopard will be the mascot for the National Games 2022
- This decision was taken at the first National Games 2022 executive committee meeting chaired by Meghalaya Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Banteidor Lyngdoh.
- Meghalaya will be the third northeastern state after Manipur (1999) and Assam (2007) hosted the National Games.
|Meghalaya CM||Conrad Sangma|
|Meghalaya Governor||Tathagata Roy|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS
Former Finance Minister P Chidambaram’s book “Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India” Launched
- Former Vice President Hamid Ansari launched the new book of former Finance Minister P Chidambaram named “Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India”at Nehru Memorial Museum, New Delhi.
- The book is a collection of essays, narrates how an atmosphere of fear pervades the country in the current context and how Constitutional values such as freedom, equality and secularism are being threatened.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Nobel-winning chemist Manfred Eigen passed away
- Chemistry Nobel Prize Winner Manfred Eigen has passed away
- He was jointly won the 1967 Nobel Prize in chemistry for developing ways to study extremely fast chemical reactions
- He founded Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry in Germany.
/ 5. Reviews