Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Diabetes Day
- World Diabetes Day is held on 14 November each year
- World Diabetes Day (WDD) was created in 1991 by IDF and the World Health Organization in response to growing concerns about the escalating health threat posed by diabetes.
- WDD is the world’s largest diabetes awareness campaign reaching a global audience of over 1 billion people in more than 160 countries.
- Theme of this year – DIABETES: PROTECT YOUR FAMILY
- Children’s Day is celebrated across India on November 14, the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru.
- The celebration of Children’s Day or Bal Diwas is a day to increase awareness about the rights and education of the children
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Himachal Pradesh governor inaugurates Lavi Fair in Shimla
- Himachal Pradesh Governor Bandaru Dattatreya inaugurated the four-day-long International Lavi fair in Shimla district’s Rampur
- The campaign should be launched to eradicate the menace of drugs from the society to save the younger generation from its ill effects.
- Dattatreya lauded the efforts of the organisers for carrying forward the rich tradition of the fair and added that woollens, dry fruits and other traditional crafts and products exhibited in the market were unique
- The fair provided a good opportunity for promotion and sale of these products, besides benefiting the traditional craftsmen and farmers.
- The governor also inaugurated the ”Kinnauri market” and an exhibition organised by various government departments and other organisations
|Himachal Pradesh Capital||Shimla|
|Himachal Pradesh CM||Jai Ram Thakur|
|Himachal Pradesh Governor||Bandaru Dattatreya|
‘Bali Yatra’ Festival Begins In Cuttack, Odisha
- The festival ‘Bali Yatra’, which is organised every year in memory of the rich maritime history of Odisha, was inaugurated in Cuttack.
- The festival is organised at the bank of River Mahanadi every year to mark the day when ancient mariners from the state would set sail to the distant land of Bali, Sumatra, Java (Jawa) in Indonesia, Borneo and Sri Lanka, for the expansion of trade and culture.
|Odisha CM||Naveen Patnaik|
UP govt launches e-Ganna app, web portal
- Uttar Pradesh government has launched a dedicated web portal and a mobile application, e-Ganna App, for sugarcane farmers of the state. Cane supply slip will now be issued to the farmers by sugar mills online.
- The portal and the App will ensure transparency in the process of getting slips, and facilitate sugarcane supply by farmers to mills and check irregularities.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
|Uttar Pradesh CM||Yogi Adithiyanath|
|Uttar Pradesh Governor||Anandiben Patel|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India Pledges to Give $5 Million to UN Palestine Refugee Agency In 2020
- India has pledged to contribute USD 5 million in 2020 to the UN Palestine refugee Agency
- India’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador K. Nagaraj Naidu stated as a mark of solidarity with the Palestine refugees, the Indian government has increased its annual financial contribution fourfold to the core budget of the UN Relief and Works Agency(UNRWA), from $1.25 million in 2016 to $5 million in 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Prakash Javadekar takes charge as Union Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
- Prakash Javadekar took charge as the Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, two days after Shiv Sena leader Arvind Sawant resigned from the Union Cabinet.
- Javadekar also holds information & broadcasting, and environment, forest and climate change portfolios
- The President of India has accepted the resignation of Shri Arvind Ganpat Sawant from the Union Council of Ministers, with immediate effect, under clause (2) of Article 75 of the Constitution
|Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change|
|Union Minister||Prakash Javadekar|
|Constituency||Rajya Sabha (Madhya Pradesh)|
Unilever appoints Nils Andersen as chairman
- Unilever named non-executive director Nils Andersen as its new chairman
- Andersen will replace Marijn Dekkers, who is standing down after more than three years as chairman, to focus on his responsibilities as founder and chairman of investment and advisory firm Novalis LifeSciences
- Dekkers will remain on the board as non-executive director.
- Andersen was appointed non-executive director of Unilever in 2015
|Unilever CEO||Alan Jope|
|Unilever headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Justice Muhammad Raffiq takes oath as Chief Justice of Meghalaya HC
- Justice Muhammad Raffiq took oath as Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court. Meghalaya Governor Tathagata Roy administered the oath of office and secrecy at Raj Bhavan in Shillong.
- Raffiq succeeds Ajay Kumar Mittal who is now the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court. He will be the eighth Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court
- In 2008, he was appointed as Justice at the Rajasthan High Court. He also served as acting Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court twice
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
India bags first position at BRICS Young Scientist forum
- India has received the first prize at BRICS Young Scientist forum’s conclave in Brazil
- Ravi Prakash, who is a PhD scholar from Indian Council of Agricultural Research-National Dairy Research Institute, has bagged the first position for inventing an affordable indigenously designed milk chilling unit for small to marginal rural dairy farmers.
- The first BRICS Young Scientist Conclave hosted by India in September 2016. The Second forum was hosted by China in Hangzhou in July 2017.
- South Africa hosted the third Conclave during June 2018 in Durban.
Luka Modric wins the 2019 Golden Foot award
- Croatia captain Luka Modric has been awarded the 2019 Golden Foot award in a ceremony in Monaco
- The Golden Foot award is given to players who stand out for their athletic achievements, both as individuals and team players, and for their personality.
- The award is only given to active players of at least 28 years of age, and can only be won once
- He became the 17th player to receive the prize, with the first having been awarded to Roberto Baggio in 2003
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
6th World Congress on Rural and Agricultural Finance held in New Delhi
- The 6th World Congress is being jointly hosted by Asia-Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (APRACA), National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India
- The congress will also aim to tackle in a multi-perspective setting on the opportunities, gaps and priority actions for developing sustainable and viable financial services and investments with actionable insights on rural financial services as a viable business strategy and as a meaningful contribution to the inclusive growth across the globe.
Two day International Conference on Yoga for Heart care to be organised at Mysuru, Karnataka
- Ministry of AYUSH is organizing the International Conference on Yoga on 15-16 November 2019 at Mysuru, Karnataka.
- The Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri B.S. Yediyurappa will inaugurate the two day conference on 15thNovember, 2019 in the presence of Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH and Defence, Shri Shripad Yesso Naik.
- The theme of the conference is ‘Yoga for Heart Care’.
- The Governor of Karnataka Shri Vajubhai Vala will be the Chief Guest at the valedictory function of the conference.
|Karnataka CM||B. S. Yediyurappa|
|Karnataka Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Sri Lanka Becomes First South Asian Nation to Criminalise Match Fixing & Sports Betting
- Sri Lanka has become the first South Asian nation to criminalise several offences related to match-fixing as its parliament passed all three readings of a bill labelled “Prevention of Offences Related to Sports”.
- If a person is found guilty of committing an offence related to corruption in sports, then he may find himself jailed for a term up to 10 years and he will also be required to pay various fines
|Sri Lanka Capital||Colombo, Jayawardenepura Kotte|
|Sri Lanka Currency||Sri Lankan rupee|
|Sri Lanka President||Maithripala Sirisena|
2019 World Kabaddi Cup to be held from December 1 to 9
- Punjab government will organise 2019 World Kabaddi Cup from December 1 to 9
- The tournament would be dedicated to the 550th birth anniversary of Sikh guru, Guru Nanak Dev ji.
- Nine teams – India, USA, Australia, England, Sri Lanka, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan and Canada – are expected to take part in the tournament
- The inauguration of the event would be held on December 1 at Guru Nanak Stadium, Sultanpur Lodhi and four matches would be held that day.
- The closing ceremony would be held at the Shaheed Bhagat Singh Sports Stadium in Dera Baba Nanak.
- The semifinals would be held at Charanganga sports stadium in Sri Anandpur Sahib.
Aradhya Garg, Srishti Pandey become National junior chess champions
- Delhi’s Aradhya Garg capped a dream run with a sixth straight victory and became the National junior chess champion
- The girls’ title went to Maharashtra’s Srishti Pandey who emerged worthy champion with a one-point margin