Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government implemented new pension scheme Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PMSYM)
- Government implemented new pension scheme Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PMSYM)
- Under the scheme workers of the unorganised sector will receive a minimum assured pension of Rs. 3000 per month after attaining the age of 60 years. Around 42 crore workers are estimated to be engaged in the unorganized sector in the country.
- The workers whose monthly income is fifteen thousand rupees per month or less and belong to the entry age group of 18 to 40 years are eligible for the scheme
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI imposed monetary penalty on 3 banks
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a monetary penalty of 1.50 crore on Oriental Bank of Commerce and Rs. 1 crore each on Bank of India and Punjab National Bank.
- The penalty has been imposed on the banks for non-compliance with various directions issued on monitoring of end use of funds, exchange of information with other banks, classification and reporting of frauds, and on restructuring of accounts.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
RBI Deputy Governor
|BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, Viral Acharya and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: CABINET APPROVAL
- MoU between India and Morocco for setting up of a Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism
- MoU between India and Finland on Cooperation in the field of peaceful uses of outer space
- Proposal for leasing out of 1.61 acres of land at Alipur, Delhi, owned by Delhi Milk Scheme to Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium for setting up of Kisan Mandi
- Proposal for allotment of land measuring 30 acres to Pasteur Institute of India for establishment of New Viral Vaccine Manufacturing Unit at Coonoor, Tamil Nadu
- Extension of tenure of the National Commission for SafaiKarmacharis beyond 31.3.2019 for three years
- Introduction of Registration of Marriage of NRI Bill 2019
- Signing of Memorandum of Understanding between India and Argentine in tourism
- Revision in the list of Scheduled Tribes of Chhattisgarh
- Signing of Memorandum of Understanding between India and Saudi Arabia on establishing a mechanism for Investment Infrastructure in India
- Memorandum of Understanding between India and Saudi Arabia on cooperation and Mutual Assistance in Customs matters
- Signing of Memorandum of Understanding between India and Saudi Arabia in the field of tourism
- Continuation of Credit Linked Capital Subsidy and Technology Up-gradation Scheme (CLCS-TUS) beyond 12th Plan for three years from 2017-18 to 2019-20
- Minimum Support Price for Raw Jute for 2019-20 season hiked to Rs.3950/- from Rs.3700/- per quintal by the Cabinet
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
William Barr sworn in as US Attorney General
- William Barr was sworn for second time as the nation’s Attorney General
- Barr was also served as the Attorney General from 1991 to 1993 during President George H.W. Bush’s administration
- The Senate voted 54-45 to confirm his appointment and he succeeds Jeff Sessions.
- He was 85th attorney general of the United States
|USA Capital||Washington DC|
|USA President||Donald Trump|
Sushil Chandra appointed as new Election Commissioner
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Chairman Sushil Chandra was appointed as new Election Commissioner by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The post had fallen vacant after the appointment of then Election Commissioner Sunil Arora as Chief Election Commissioner
- Chandra was a 1980 batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) official
- The other two members of the Commission are Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sunil Arora and Election Commissioner (EC) Ashok Lavasa.
- Election Commissioners are appointed for a term of six years, or till the age of 65 whichever is earlier.
Vice Admiral SN Ghormade takes over as Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command
- SN Ghormade was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 01 Jan 1984.
- He is a graduate of National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla, Pune, United States Naval Staff College at Naval War College, Newport, Rhode Island and the Naval War College, Mumbai.
- His operational appointments include commands of the Guided Missile Frigate INS Brahmaputra, Submarine Rescue Vessel INS Nireekshak and Minesweeper INS Allepey and second in command Guided Missile Frigate INS Ganga
|Eastern Naval Command Headquarters||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh|
|Eastern Naval Command Chief of Staff||SN Ghormade|
Ashwani Lohani reappointed as Air India CMD
- Former Railway Board chairman Ashwani Lohani was appointed as chairman and managing director (CMD) of Air India
- This will be Lohani’s second tenure as Air India chief. His first tenure in Air India was from August 2015 to August 2017
- Lohani was an officer of the Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers. He was appointed as Railway Board chairman in August 2017 and retired in December 2018.
DHFL CEO Harshil Mehta resigned from his post
- Dewan Housing Finance Corporation (DHFL) CEO Harshil Mehta has decided to resign from his position with immediate effect.
- Board of directors of the company has recommended appointment of Sunjoy Joshi as an Independent Director and Srinath Sridharan as a Non-Executive Director
- Mehta will further hold the designation of executive president-retail business with effect from 14 February 2019
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
ASCEND Kerala 2019 conference held in Kochi
- Kerala government inaugurated the Ascend 2019 conference in Kochi.
- ‘ASCEND KERALA 2019’ is an event planned to showcase the various initiatives undertaken by the Government of Kerala as part of the Ease of Doing Business reforms
- The initiatives would make the state a top investment destination and empower entrepreneurs to launch their enterprises in a speedy and hassle-free manner
- Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan released the ‘Invest Kerala Guide’ at the inaugural session of the event. Union minister of commerce & industries and civil aviation Suresh Prabhu was the chief guest at the opening ceremony.
- The government also launched the two software applications, K-swift (Kerala single window interface for fast, transparent clearances) and intelligent building plan management system (IBPMS)
- K-swift an online clearance mechanism has been developed to simplify and speed up issuance of clearances from departments or agencies for launching enterprises in the state.
|Kerala Chief Minister||Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Kerala Governor||P. Sadasivam|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS
Malay, Arindam and Che Kabir Chaudhuri’s new book ‘What Marx Left Unsaid’ released
- Indian Politician and author, Manish Tewari launched “What Marx Left Unsaid” – Production of Skills by Means of Skills, authored by Dr. Malay Chaudhuri, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri and Che Kabir Chaudhuri at the India International Centre, New Delhi.
- The book elaborates why human beings must earn according to their skills, which in turn determines their ability to contribute to society
- The book was jointly written by three generations of authors from the same family. It has been published by Times Group Books.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India signed a legal agreements with the World Bank
- The Government of India, Government of Himachal Pradesh and the World Bank signed a $40 Million Loan Agreement to help bring clean and reliable drinking water to the citizens of the Greater Shimla area
- The Shimla Water Supply and Sewerage Service Delivery Reform Programmatic Development Policy Loan is expected to improve water supply and sanitation (WSS) services in and around the iconic hill city of Shimla.
- The $40 Million Loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), has a 4-year grace period and a maturity of 15.5 years.
|World Bank Headquarters||Washington D.C, United States|
|World Bank CEO||Kristalina Georgieva|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Prajnesh Gunneswaran 3rd Indian to reach top-100 in ATP rankings
- Prajnesh Gunneswaran broke into men’s singles top-100 for the first time in his career with a jump of six places to 97th Rank
- He is only third Indian player to break into the top-100 in the past decade after Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri.
- In the doubles, Rohan Bopanna stayed put at 37 and was followed by his partner Divij Sharan at 39.
Derrick Pereira named as the head coach of the India U-23 football team
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has named Derrick Pereira as the head coach of the Indian Under-23 team for the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Qualifiers to be held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan from March 22.
- Former Indian national team coach Stephen Constantine was in charge of the U-23 team. He was resigned after the AFC Asian Cup as the country was eliminated from the group stage.
/ 5. Reviews